Profile for Tobchipbob > Reviews

Alias Grace
by Margaret Atwood
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read!, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Alias Grace (Paperback)
I bought this book as a part of my University reading with no prior knowledge of Grace Marx. The book in itself is an interesting read, although at times, a little strange! The narrative is split between Grace and Dr Jordan, a Doctor who is assessing Grace's mental state of mind. It tells a tale of the events of Grace's life prior to, and post to her imprisonment. It is worth the read just for a little background knowledge on Grace.

Fingersmith
Fingersmith
by Sarah Waters
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly enjoyable read and a book I will read time and time again!, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Fingersmith (Paperback)
I bought, and read, this book as a part of my university reading. The story is one which hooked me from the start. I thought I knew where the story was heading and then... Bam! The story took a unknown turn I did not expect, nor see coming! This was followed by another interesting turn of events and then... another! I couldn't possibly write a review on how much I enjoyed reading this book without giving the story away to anybody looking into/or thinking of buying this book.
My advice would be, if you have a keen interest in Victorian England then this is the book for you. If you're looking for a book full of surprises, then this is also, for you.

niceeshop(TM) Teardrop Shape Pendant Elements Crystal Love Heart Necklace-Rose Red
Offered by niceEshop
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful necklace, 11 July 2014
This product is amazing! I bought it for my Mother who liked a similar necklace I received as a Christmas gift (but which was a lot more expensive!) I was surprised by the quality of it for the price. The chain on the necklace is long and well made. The crystal itself looks like one much more expensive. It catches the light. Nobody would be aware of the price unless you told them, and the quality certainly isn't reflected by it.
I will be buying myself one, and my Mother another in a different colour.

Passing the Literacy Skills Test (Achieving QTS Series)
Passing the Literacy Skills Test (Achieving QTS Series)
by Jim Johnson
Price: 9.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A good guide, 11 July 2014
This book is extremely easy to use. It is split up into chapters which makes it easy to flick through for revision, or in-depth study. It is a must for anybody who is looking to brush up on their English for their skills test.

Tiger sticky text highlighter strips
Tiger sticky text highlighter strips
Offered by best deal 4 u
Price: 0.86

5.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't be without them!, 11 July 2014
I bought these in order to aid my university reading. The strips are transparent and highlight text well. They are easy to remove and to move, if required. They are a must for any reader who likes to tab important sections of texts, novels etc.

Among the Wonderful
Among the Wonderful
by Stacy Carlson
Price: 11.04

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Among the Wonderful (Paperback)
I bought, and read, this book as a part of my university reading list. The story is split between two narratives, both in connection to 'The wonderful' and the museum. The story is set in America and follows the life of a taxidermist and a giantess. It is an interesting read for somebody who fancies something different.

Lady Audley's Secret
Lady Audley's Secret
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 15 Feb 2014
I love this story. I read it as a part of my university reading. The book explores a lot of gothic and gender elements (specifically women). It's definitely worth the read as the title gives very little away, much like the story!

Collected Articles of Frederick Douglass
Collected Articles of Frederick Douglass
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A true account, 15 Feb 2014
Douglass provides a true and blunt narrative. If you're looking for an emotive tale-this isn't for you. It's good for understanding the slave trade as it tells a true story without any personal emotion.

Jane Eyre (Wordsworth Classics)
Jane Eyre (Wordsworth Classics)
by Charlotte Bronte
Price: 1.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 15 Feb 2014
I love the story of Jane Eyre! After the first 10 chapters the story builds pace and Jane develops character. It's a great story for a personal read as well as university reading (which is why I read it).

Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave (Oxford World's Classics)
by Frederick Douglass
Price: 5.24

3.0 out of 5 stars ok., 15 Feb 2014
I read this as a part of my university reading.
If you're looking for a true account of a slaves life - then this is for you. Douglas however, attachment or to make the reader feel any emotion or attachment to him. His narrative provides a distance from him and the reader dur to his matter of fact approach to his story. I felt, as a result of this, at times the book was dreadfully dull.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5