Profile for Che Canary > Reviews

Che Canary (England)

Feast/Beast
Feast/Beast

4.0 out of 5 stars Calm before the storming...., 2 July 2014
This review is from: Feast/Beast (Audio CD)
Just wanted to give another star as I feel some of the tracks are phenomenal. The ambient tracks on 'Feast' have the aura that I was hoping to rediscover on BOC 'Tomorrows Harvest' whilst on 'Beast' you are just completely beasted by re-mixes such as the one of Leatherette. My absolute favourite 'Suns of Temper' just picks me up and lays me down in the desert....
There are some challenging tracks on here but if you are considering buying this then you clearly enjoy a challenge. My only criticism is that because it is a collection of re-mixes it doesn't contain the togetherness or continuity that is easier to obtain on an album.
I appreciate that this might not be as balanced as the other review but I just don't think I can fully literate the pleasure I gained from having this music in my life.

Human Punk
Human Punk
by John King

5.0 out of 5 stars A two footed tackle from behind., 20 April 2014
This review is from: Human Punk (Paperback)
I thought Id write a few words as most of the reviews on here focus on the musical spine of the book but for me the experience was different. As someone who associates more with 'the baggy' early 90's music or electronic dance music I've had little to do with Punk. However this book has a powerful and honest voice that is not heard in the mainstream and the way it encapsulates the 1970's, 80's and 90's (including New Labour) left me with a reassuring feeling of self-belief. It's genuinely been one of the most powerful and influential books I've read and if you question what life is all about in Britain today, then you need to read this book.

Unpatterns
Unpatterns

5.0 out of 5 stars Beaming, 21 May 2012
This review is from: Unpatterns (Audio CD)
The person above has written a very good review. All I want to say it made me smile, really smile. Wasn't really expecting it to sound so complete but it does. The album has a maturity and a balance that is rarely achieved by artists and it does so by subtlety enticing you rather than just trying to kick the door in. Get hold of this and your life will be enriched. You'll simile, even when you're driving to work at six in the morning, in the rain..

Spibelt Blue Running Pouch
Spibelt Blue Running Pouch
Offered by Harris Active Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you want., 26 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Spibelt Blue Running Pouch (Misc.)
I don't normally write reviews but since no-one else has thought I should. My last running belt I used to pin to my shorts to stop it flappin about but this one does what it should and stays put. It's not very big but instead is stretchy to accomadate items. I thought it was a little pricey at first but it does eactly what I wanted it to do and I wouldn't hessitate to reccomend it to others. I've worn it in a half mararthon event (jelly babies and car key) and longer lonely training runs (ipod classic and jelly babies). You can see there is a jelly baby theme goin on here...

Cosmogramma
Cosmogramma

4.0 out of 5 stars A Little Light, 8 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Cosmogramma (Audio CD)
Maybe it's just me but I was little dissapointed by Cosmogramma, it seemed to lack the flow, continuity and direction of Los Angeles. It might be because I've been eagerly awaiting this release, something that I don't normally do. I just found that some of the tracks didn't seem to sit well with the others and I missed the earthy sound of Los Angeles which has been replaced with a more jazzy sound. I'm not saying don't buy it but don't expect to be amazed.

Yesterday And Today
Yesterday And Today

5.0 out of 5 stars Liberating, 22 July 2009
This review is from: Yesterday And Today (Audio CD)
This is simply a loverly piece of music. I'm not an expert on electronica but I heard a recomendation for it by Rob da Bank on his radio show. Much has been made of track six but the others are equally enjoyable and perfect for escaping this world for the next.