Profile for radiohead > Reviews

radiohead

The Lightning Boys: True Tales from Pilots of the English Electric Lightning
The Lightning Boys: True Tales from Pilots of the English Electric Lightning

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read for the aerophile!, 13 Aug. 2013
As a young lad in the Air Cadets in the sixties this was the aircraft every budding jet jockey wanted to fly. It was, and arguably still is, the best fast interceptor ever to grace the sky. At least one of my squadron went on to fly these and had the misfortune to run out of fuel just after landing, for which he was roundly B*****d, but not disciplined! Thoroughly recommended!

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 13 Aug. 2013
I downloaded this in a hurry just before setting out for the airport because I found the title interesting! Once I had read all my other books I reluctantly started to read this and was hooked! A very clever piece of writing, very funny in parts. I think this would make a great film in the right hands..watch out for the movie reviews!

Trailblazers: Test Pilots in Action: The Most Frightening Moments of the World's Elite

4.0 out of 5 stars Good holiday read., 13 Aug. 2013
Anyone interested in aviation in the modern age will enjoy this. Exciting, seriously understated rendering of exciting moments in the cockpit.

A Short Walk in the Hindu Kush
A Short Walk in the Hindu Kush

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic!, 13 Aug. 2013
I was introduced to this book by my late brother-in-law, a prolific traveller himself who had been galvanised to travel to these regions after reading it. A must for any serious traveller or the adventurous at heart.