Profile for Oliver Lambert > Reviews

Content by Oliver Lambert

Oliver Lambert (Surrey, UK)

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by DayzHappy
Price: 1.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cable, good price, 2 May 2010
I was a bit concerned when buying this cable, because it was substantially cheaper than a lot of other cables on the market, but decided to go for it anyway.

Seems like a good cable, have been using it for over a month now, with no problems. I use it to connect my laptop to an external monitor, so it get quite heavy use, the picture quality is brilliant.

Some people have complained that the cable isn't long enough - while I haven't measured it, it's plenty long enough for me, but if the two things you want to connect are not next to each other, you'd probably want to buy a longer one.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 17 Mar 2010
It's a light bulb - not much to say. It gives out light quite well...

Panasonic FZ38 Digital Camera +4GB +Soft Case Bundle (Lumix DMC-FZ38 Black, 12MP 18xOptical Zoom 27mm Wide-Angle 2.7" LCD, Power OIS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good camera, shame about the memory card, 18 Nov 2009
I bought this camera because I wanted something slightly better than the standard "point and shoot" cameras, but I didn't want the hassle, expense, and weight of a Digital SLR. I'm not a serious photographer, but this camera seems very good - it does everything I want it to do, and there are still lots of features that I don't yet know how to use, which I shall explore more fully in due course. The build quality seems good - very sturdy. It's also nice to look at, and easy to hold - not as bulky as SLRs. The most impressive feature of this camera is the zoom - 18x, and it still takes good pictures at high zoom levels (assuming you hold the camera steady). The photos I've taken with it so far are quite nice - I think if I were a good photographer I could take some really good ones with this camera.

The software that comes with it is adequate, although could be improved, doesn't let you control the camera from the computer, or delete photos on the camera from the computer. Apart from that though, it will do all the normal things you would expect of camera software.

The case is fine - fits the camera in it with space for some other accesories (like a computer cable etc)

The only real disappointment was the memory card supplied with the camera. I didn't realise this, but there are different classes of memory card (something to do with the speed at which they process data I think). Anyway, the one supplied was 4GB, but was too slow to be usable. When trying to view photos using the camera, it took ages to switch between photos, and zoom in / out etc. To start with I thought it was the camera, but when I bought a faster (8GB) memory card, everything was much faster, and the video recording function (which wasn't working properly with the 4GB card) worked fine.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2009 12:10 AM GMT

Savage Black Alloy Mountain Bike Propstand with Big Foot
Savage Black Alloy Mountain Bike Propstand with Big Foot
Offered by WoollyHatShop
Price: 4.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, does what it says on the tin, 18 Nov 2009
It's a bike stand, not much to say really. It was easy for me to fit it, the adjustable feature is nice - my old stand often had the bike leaning too far over, so it's good to be able to adjust it. Also, the "big foot" stops the stand from sinking into gravel / grass etc.
All in all, a good purchase!

Hewlett Packard - HP Bluetooth Laser Mobile Mouse - HDX Series - Mouse - laser - wireless - Bluetooth

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good buy, 29 Aug 2009
I bought this mouse because my laptop only has 2 USB ports, but has an inbuilt bluetooth connection, so I wanted to be able to use the mouse without using up one of my USB ports and without having to plug it in every time I wanted to use it.

I was very impressed with this mouse - it has a nice feel and a good build quality. Hasn't got as many buttons as a lot of modern mice these days, but then it is a portable mouse, so you wouldn't expect that. The scroll wheel tilts from side to side so you can scroll horizontally though documents which I find a very useful feature. The mouse is quite small and comes with it's own bag so is very portable, whilst still being big enough to be comfortable and easy to use.

There's an off switch on the bottom, which doesn't get easily switched on, so you won't get to wherever you're going and discover the batteries have run out (On other wireless mice I often find that I have to take the batteries out to stop this from happening which is a bit of a pain). Setup was a little more tricky than with a standard wireless mouse - you have to go into bluetooth settings and pair the devices, but didn't take more than 5 minutes and then it seems to work every time I turn it on.

Overall - a very good product - would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to buy a portable wireless mouse.

Braun Replacement Foil & Cutter - 31B, Series 3, Contour, Flex XP, Flex Integral - 5000/6000 Series - Black
Offered by SPARES-2-GO
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 29 Aug 2009
Does pretty much what it says on the tin - a much improved shave when I replaced my existing foil and cutter block with this one.

HP notebook 12 Cell Battery
HP notebook 12 Cell Battery
Price: 106.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product - would buy again, 29 Aug 2009
Summary:
A good product - slight disadvantages of size and weight etc. compared to the 6 cell, but in my opinion far outweighed by the extra time the laptop can be used without being plugged in. Quite expensive but well worth it

Detailed Comments:
I bought this notebook battery because I wanted more battery life from my laptop - I was very impressed. Previously I had a 6 cell battery, which lasted about 2 hours in normal use (I think it's supposed to last 4 hours, but in my experience it never did). This battery does exactly what it's supposed to do - it doubles the battery life of your laptop.
The only thing I was a bit surprised about was the size - I imagined that it would be the same size as the 6 cell battery, but in reality it is about twice the size (fits in the same socket but sticks out of the bottom of the machine. Initially I thought that this was going to be a pain, but it turns out to be better. Ok so it doesn't fit in my laptop bag quite as easily, but it still fits (and even fits inside my neoprene skin as well). However, the battery means that the laptop is kept at an angle which makes it easier to type on, and most importantly improves the ventilation to the bottom of the laptop to keep it cooler (there is a bigger air gap underneath).