Profile for A. J. Montgomery > Reviews

Content by A. J. Montgomery

A. J. Montgomery (Dundee, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Walking in the Dust of Rabbi Jesus HB
Walking in the Dust of Rabbi Jesus HB
by Tverberg Lois

5.0 out of 5 stars Hebraic Roots Christian Faith, 7 Jan. 2013
This is an excellent inspiring book. It follows on from her co-authored book "Sitting at the feet of Rabbi Jesus". It is engagingly written and elaborates and expands on various aspects of Jesus's teaching. She explains the importance of various moral "commands" bringing them to life and showing the benefits (to all) from observing them. Any one interested in Jewish Rabbinic teaching, as well as Christian morality and teaching should benefit from reading this. I hope she continues writing.

Christmas 10 Piece Craft Felt Pack - Red, White & Green
Christmas 10 Piece Craft Felt Pack - Red, White & Green
Offered by Bombay Collections

5.0 out of 5 stars Craft Felt- various colours., 7 Jan. 2013
Used it to line boxes for cuff links etc. Adheres well used copydex (apply carefully), though excess can wash off before dries.

Polar Chest Strap - Spare, M
Polar Chest Strap - Spare, M

5.0 out of 5 stars replacement polar cardiac monitor chest strap, 7 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Polar Chest Strap - Spare (Sports)
Genuine replacement strap for when old one looses its elasticity - which it will especially if it is washed regularly.

The Legend Of The Shadowless Sword [2006] [DVD]
The Legend Of The Shadowless Sword [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ji-Woo Choi

4.0 out of 5 stars Chinese/Korean Martial arts., 7 Jan. 2013
I liked it. Good aesthetics and not gratuitously violent. Uses wires etc and a little "magic" and has a poignant ending. Final scene was a bit weak though.

2015 Year Wall Planner - Large Size Laminated
2015 Year Wall Planner - Large Size Laminated
Offered by FiveBoys Stationery Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Wall Year Planner, 7 Jan. 2013
This is a simple no frills wall calendar. It comes with a selection of sticky coloured circles. It would improved with sticky bars as well, but I have plenty from previous years. I like this particular lay out with the months going horizontally across the wall with the days aligned vertically. Also supplied with black non permanent marker pen (can erase changes). It is also not expensive.

Legend of the Fist [DVD]
Legend of the Fist [DVD]
Dvd ~ Donnie Yen
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Legend of the Fist DVD, 30 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Legend of the Fist [DVD] (DVD)
First I am not a film critic nor an expert in Martial Arts, but I admire athleticism and skill as well as a plausible story line. I am not into "violence" or Horror though (Tony Jaa crosses the line for me). I really enjoyed Doni Yen's performances in the Ip Man films, Hero, and Iron Monkey. I also enjoyed Jet Li in the earlier version that I think inspired this film. I did not enjoy this film as much despite the acting and fighting skills of Doni and the supporting cast. The action sequences were fine but were over too quickly and I was not really able to see or appreciate the skills being displayed. Elsewhere it seemed gratuitously violent. Also the opening scene was supposed to be from World War One but seemed far removed from the image of the trench warfare that it was infamous for. I am glad that I have seen it but I'll probably not play it again like I do with the other mentioned films.

Castors SHEPHERD Plate 50mm (Pack of 2) (Product Code - U-B0191)
Castors SHEPHERD Plate 50mm (Pack of 2) (Product Code - U-B0191)
Offered by Hardware Shed Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars castors, 28 Sept. 2012
I needed these to replace broken ones on a piece of furniture that I had. These were just what I required. They are also strong. They've been in place a few months now and frequently used and are working well. Price was also right.

A HISTORY OF MAINS PARISH CHURCH (near Dundee, Scotland)
A HISTORY OF MAINS PARISH CHURCH (near Dundee, Scotland)
by Kiernan Gordon G

5.0 out of 5 stars Local History, 28 Sept. 2012
This really a specialist booklet on local Dundee history. I wanted it as a relation of mine was mentioned in it and had photographs of him (the first I'd ever seen of him). It's a well written booklet. However it is a specialist interest. Any one interested in Dundee local history will find it valuable. However it only seems to be available second hand now.

Riverdance -- Live from Beijing [DVD]
Riverdance -- Live from Beijing [DVD]
Dvd ~ John McColgan
Offered by Nr1mediaFBA

3.0 out of 5 stars Riverdance, 7 May 2012
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Michael Flatly in his prime could not be equalled. When I bought this I was looking for a DVD with the complete show rather than a compilation of "the best of" which tends to lack continuity. I had not realised that Michael was not in this performance, neither did it seem to have such a large corpse de ballet as in the original productions. This is not to deny the real skill and energy of these particular performers. However I had been spoilt by having already seen parts of the original shows and so was left feeling disappointed as they could never really equal Michael and his team. If you have never seen Michael and his early supporting cast, then I am sure you will really enjoy this and be astounded by these artists.

The Storm Warriors [DVD] [2009]
The Storm Warriors [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Ekin Cheng
Offered by FREETIME

4.0 out of 5 stars mystical martial arts., 7 May 2012
I bought this as I had seen the previous film and was curious to see the sequel. I enjoyed both up to a point but would not give it top marks. The difficulty for me is that it relies too much on the fanciful and special effects rather on the undeniable skill of the actors. I also felt the story line was a little weak. However it did entertain but I would not rave about it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15