Profile for A. J. Montgomery > Reviews

Content by A. J. Montgomery

A. J. Montgomery (Dundee, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
The Lord of the Rings Symphony
The Lord of the Rings Symphony

5.0 out of 5 stars Symphony version of The Lord of the Rings Film Score., 15 Sep 2014
I enjoyed this very much. Of course it is not the whole film score for all three movies but rather a distillation of the essence of the films condensed into one manageable symphony. Quite a task to do and one that I think has been well done. It is inevitable that for some a meaningful or favourite bit has been missed out- for me it was Enya's closing melodies and songs from the first film. However I think the final product has been well crafted and should bring pleasure if you enjoyed the films.

How To Train Your Dragon [DVD]
How To Train Your Dragon [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jay Baruchel

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Aug 2014
Really loved this for innocent story and fun. Have watched it umpteen times.

The Hobbit - The Desolation Of Smaug
The Hobbit - The Desolation Of Smaug

3.0 out of 5 stars Music from Desolation of Smaug-Hobbit, 21 Aug 2014
I really enjoyed the music from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. That music was able to stand up well apart from the film. I found that listening to this without the film was a little hard work. Howard Shaw is a good composer but I suspect he had his work cut out as the Hobbit Trilogy has been rather drawn out with bits tacked on that don't really work for me. I preferred the music from the first Hobbit film in the series. Await with interest for the third film offering.

Dragon Tiger Gate - 2 Disc Ultimate Edition [DVD]
Dragon Tiger Gate - 2 Disc Ultimate Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Donnie Yen
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Donny Yen Martial Arts Film, 21 Aug 2014
I'm not a professional film critic. I enjoy a good story and admire the choreography of martial arts. I also like Donny Yen in Ip Man and Hero. This I found a little disappointing and for me the "magic" fantasy side of the story did not really work that well.

Riverside Outdoor 2 Teal Duck Decoys Drake Hen Decoying Ducks Shooting Weighted Keel Top Detail

4.0 out of 5 stars Teal hunting decoys, 21 Aug 2014
The float and stay upright. I've not had a lot use with them so its difficult to know what the teal think of them

Nitehawk Floating 2 x 14" Male and Female Duck Decoys Hunting Shooting Fake Bird Mallard Drake Hen
Offered by Outdoor Value

4.0 out of 5 stars Duck hunting decoys, 21 Aug 2014
They float and stay upright. I've not had a lot of opportunity to use them so its difficult to know what the ducks think.

Felt
Felt

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 21 Aug 2014
This review is from: Felt (Audio CD)
It was pleasant enough but I've only played it once, so I suppose that shows its impact on me.

Close to the Edge
Close to the Edge

2.0 out of 5 stars Early album by Yes, 21 Aug 2014
This review is from: Close to the Edge (Audio CD)
Having enjoyed Jon Anderson in collaboration with folk like Vangelis and Kitaro, and also Rick Wakeman's solo work- I thought this would be a good bye after reading about it in Hi-fi News. However I was disappointed but that really only reflects my personal taste. The musicianship etc I'm sure is excellent.

Try Hand-Balancing! (Updated and Annotated Edition)
Try Hand-Balancing! (Updated and Annotated Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars Hand Balancing, 21 Aug 2014
It is more an inspirational book than a nuts and bolts "how learn" manual. I suppose that is reflected in the title. I enjoyed reading it though.

Renata 362 1.55v Silver Oxide Watch battery