Profile for Kevin Green > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Toward Yesterday
Toward Yesterday

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST read for Emily fans, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Toward Yesterday (Kindle Edition)
The second book in the Extinction Point series is as gripping as the original. I couldn't wait for this to be published as I was left 'hanging' at the end of book 1. Needless to say when this book arrived I renewed my friendship with Emily and was imediately drawn in on even more adventures. These books are well written and keep the reader on the edge of their seat, I thought that the author had rather backed himself into a corner when the first book ended but he very cleverly manages to extract himself as the story line continues. Without giving away any of the expanding plot all I can say to anyone who has read Extinction Point is that Exodos is an absolute must to read.

Extinction Point (Extinction Point series Book 1)
Extinction Point (Extinction Point series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars First step into the unknown, 1 Jun. 2013
What a great book. It is some time since I have ventured into the Science Fiction world but I found that thie plot and main character in this book just seemed to sweep me into their world. The plot seemed to be a tried and tested one at the outset of the book but after a few chapters you realise that all is not what is seems. At times the storyline was quite disturbing but equally compelling.

Yet again this is obviously the first book in a series so the reader must be willing to await the next book to continue the journey.

Spartacus: The Gladiator: (Spartacus 1)
Spartacus: The Gladiator: (Spartacus 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A gripping and 'Bloody' yarn, 1 Jun. 2013
There seems to be a glut of books centered around the exploits of Spartacus, I have dipped into a number of them recently but this version of events was certainly one of the best. The description of every day life of slaves was especially good as were the numerous battle scenes. Sometimes I felt they were a little too realistic to the point of making the reader feel uneasy.

I found that after a rather slow start the book picked up pace and overall was a most enjoyable read. It is however Book 1 so if the reader wishes to continue his adventure with Sparaicus then they must be willing to purchase Book 2.

The Red Moth (Inspector Pekkala Book 4)
The Red Moth (Inspector Pekkala Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pekkalar and Kirov are off on more advertures, 1 Jun. 2013
I absolutely love these books. They are consistant in their great plots and descriptive pros and each time a new one is published it feels as though you are catching up with an old friend. Although this is the fourth book in the series, Sam Eastland compiles the story in such a way it will always 'fill in the gaps' even if you have not read the preceeding three books.

Like all the other books in the series The Red Moth has a number of plots interwoven within in the main storyline. The only problem I had with the book was that I could not put it down and therefore finished it too quickly! I hope that there is a sequel in the pipeline somewhere in the near future.

The Martian
The Martian

5.0 out of 5 stars Out of this World !!!, 29 April 2013
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
It is some time since I have read and enjoyed a Science Fiction book so much. This was a 99p 'offer' that I decided to try. WOW !! After reading the first few lines I was completely hooked. It is well written with hardly any 'Jargon' to corrupt the enjoyment of the story. Andy Weir is a new author to me but obviously thinks 'outside the box' with regard to plot. I have, over the years read many science fiction books by virtually all the well known published authors but this book leaves them all at the starting gate. The story keeps you on the edge of your seat continually and is written so you can leave the book at the end of each chapter wondering how on earth the story will be able to continue. Even to the final page I was spellbound!!

I can highly recommend this book even if you have never tried science fiction. . . . .

The Limpopo Academy Of Private Detection (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series Book 13)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer Bliss, 29 April 2013
Every time a new Limpopo book is published it is like welcoming an old friend who has called in to visit you. I find these stories realy relaxing to read and am rarely dissapointed. My only gripe is that they are too short! However, the standard of storytelling has not diminished one bit over the years, in fact the opposite has occured with all the various characters within the series of books have grown to almost feel like 'one of the family'. Long may they continue.

Zero Day
Zero Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary !!, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Zero Day (Kindle Edition)
This is the first book of a trilogy. I did not realise that until I was well into the book and realised ther would not be enough pages to finish the plot! However, the storyline is excellent and fast moving and that main character is a very agreeable person which means that througout that book you are 'at one' with them and feel you should be ther helpig them in their hour of need. It is well written fast moving and VERY gripping at times. I finished the book within a couple of days and have placed my pre-order for the second book in the series as I MUST find out what happes next.

Carrhae (Parthian Chronicles Book 4)
Carrhae (Parthian Chronicles Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Extream adventure, 15 April 2013
This is the fourth and final book in the Parthian Chronicles. I was rather dubious when I purchased this as often by the time an author gets to the fourth book the storyline tends to get laboured and much of the book is taken up explaining the plot lines of previous books. However, i was pleasantly surprised with this book as it just carried on where the previous book left off. Even if you had nor read the previous three books you would find that the short summaries included within the storyline will prove adequate to 'put you in the picture'. As usual the story carries you through a number of fierce battles and the detailed build up to them and is very well written and researched by the author. I was sorry to finish the book and will look out for any athers by the same author.

Highly recommended

LUPO FM Transmitter and Charger for iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3, iPod Touch, Classic, Nano (All Generations*) - BLACK

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Magic !!, 15 April 2013
Exce;llent piece of kit. Arrived by post the next day, well made and does exactly what it was designed to do. Works as well in a car as in the house. Highly reccomended.

Thursdays in the Park
Thursdays in the Park

4.0 out of 5 stars Chick Lit ?, 1 Feb. 2013
I bought this book after hearing the author discussing it on a radio interview. I must admit that when I first started to read it I thought that the book was esse4ntially meant for women aas it had a female author. However after the foirst few pages it became apparent that I had got things wrong and the actual storyline could be enjoyed by either sex.

It is a easy book to read, well written and the plot flows througout continually drawing you along, it is not a difficult plot to follow and I originally thought that I could easly second guess the eventual outcome, how wrong was I. This book was a thoroughly enjoyable experience which left a real feelgood feeling.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4