Profile for Miss NRH Cross > Reviews

Content by Miss NRH Cross

Miss NRH Cross (Newark, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom)

Learning Resources Fun Fish Counters
Learning Resources Fun Fish Counters
Offered by Just Childsplay

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun in the bath!, 9 Jun. 2014
Great little resource for the bath fun and educational. Could have done with a net or two with it to make it even more fun!

Mario Kart DS Pull & Speed Mario B-Dasher-17301 1/43e
Mario Kart DS Pull & Speed Mario B-Dasher-17301 1/43e
Offered by PuPazzi da Legare

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke first day!, 9 Jun. 2014
Got it for my sons birthday and he loved it but it broke within an hour and he had not played roughly with it.

Ng Wild Animal Atlas: Earth's Astonishing Animals and Where They Live (National Geographic Kids)
by National Geographic

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant layout!, 9 Jun. 2014
Packed full of info, my 4 year old son loves it. He likes looking at the keys and the pictures are fantatastic! I would recommend it.

The Incredible Book Eating Boy
The Incredible Book Eating Boy
by Oliver Jeffers

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets children reading!, 9 Jun. 2014
Brilliant books very clever idea. A fun way of emphasising that reading does really stretch your mind. My children loved the nibble in the page. Great illustrations.

The Tin Forest
The Tin Forest
by Helen Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Tin Forest (Paperback)
Really excellent book about a man who makes something from nothing. Creates lots of interesting conversations and just reading the first part to a keystage one class would be an excellent story starter. Beautiful language and repetition. Reads like a poem...

The Day The Crayons Quit
The Day The Crayons Quit
by Drew Daywalt

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 9 Jun. 2014
Very clever and funny book. My own children and class absolutely loved it. Got so much potential for work within the classroom. Brilliant idea and brilliantly written. I wish I had thought of the idea!

The Storm Whale
The Storm Whale
by Benji Davies

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book about a lonely boy, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Storm Whale (Paperback)
My children really enjoyed this book. Lovely illustrations and sweet story about a boy who is lonely and befriends a whale. My children liked counting the cats and looking at all the detail in the pictures.

Do They Hear You When You Cry
Do They Hear You When You Cry
by Layli Miller Bashir

5.0 out of 5 stars Humbling, 22 Jan. 2003
I could not put this book down it was really amazing and I loved it. It was an honour to read it and I think I may have shed a tear or two! It made me think really hard about all the women that come into western countries hoping for asylum. The protection they need from all sorts of persecution is paramount and this book taught me a lot. I hope that Fauziya Kassindja is happy and safe now. She really is a survivor!

The Africa House: The True Story of an English Gentleman and His African Dream
The Africa House: The True Story of an English Gentleman and His African Dream
by Christina Lamb

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing historical story, 30 July 2002
I read this book while on holiday and had spotted it while searching through for books about Africa. I started off by finding Stuart Gore Brown a very difficult man to comprehend and the violence he used on the black people who worked for him I found hard to handle. However I read on and really found his journey amazing. His place in history has been made through this book and his is a life that has slipped by and until now been unknown (well to me anyway). His part in campaigning for equality and the effort he put into educating some of the most famous polictical leaders was what I found so interesting. The life he lead in Africa, his love for Ethel and his never ending passion for what he had built and the lives around him made this a really brilliant read. I also learnt something from it!

I Dreamed of Africa
I Dreamed of Africa
by Kuki Gallmann
Edition: Audio Cassette

4.0 out of 5 stars A heartbreaking story of a woman who never seems to give up., 7 Oct. 2000
I found this book really sad because of the tradegy in Kuki's life but at the same time it was encouraging. Despite the life she has lead she is full of optimism and energy and it made me want to meet her. She brought Africa alive to me and it was interesting to see how life changed for them in Africa. The life she and her friends and family had built for themselves in Africa is amazing. Her love of animals and the enviornment is so important to her and to the memory of her loved ones. It made me want to read on about her life. What struck me the most is how she was able to learn how to live in harmony with the animals and culture around her. Through everything she is still alive and living her life to the full.