Profile for Wolf 3 > Reviews

Wolf 3 (Derbyshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
BlackBerry Leather Flip Case for Passport - Black
BlackBerry Leather Flip Case for Passport - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Though the case itself looks good and fits extremely well, 2 Feb. 2015
BlackBerry has dropped the ball with this design. Though the case itself looks good and fits extremely well, the case gets in the way of typing and in the way when trying to use it as a telephone. Functional, works well at protecting the phone but not good at letting you use it.

Wild Republic Floppies 76cm Wolf Plush
Wild Republic Floppies 76cm Wolf Plush

5.0 out of 5 stars Big and reassuringly huggable, 26 Aug. 2014
The perfect companion for the cheetah I bought from the same range for my boyfriend. They can now often be found on the bed together, plotting.

This wolf will flop over most things and lie down, looking slightly mischievous. When hugging, the forelegs will more or less naturally put themselves on your shoulders or arms and the hind legs will try to wrap themselves around your waist.

The fur is of good quality but will mat quite quickly with prolonged hugging or use as a pillow (and it's not a pillow). A well made wolf though, with actual claws (they're still material but they're not soft like the rest of the wolf, so could hurt if they accidentally ended up in an eye) and one of the more lupine looking soft toys wolves there is.

Wooden Handle Boot Pulls
Wooden Handle Boot Pulls
Offered by William Hunter Equestrian

5.0 out of 5 stars They do the job really well, 26 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Wooden Handle Boot Pulls (Misc.)
These work surprisingly well.

I was worried when they arrived - they looked so small and insubstantial but after a long time using them to help get on a pair of South American style riding boots I can honestly say I'm impressed.

The wooden handles look too small, but try before complaining - I was surprised by how well they fitted in my hands. The hooks are another good feature, the little flare on the end each hook is exactly right to keep the hook inside the pulling loop on the boot, but not so big that it makes getting the hook back out again.

My advice is to have somewhere to keep them together, they need to be used as a pair as they won't work individually.

Operation Condor - Armour Of God 2 [DVD]
Operation Condor - Armour Of God 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jackie Chan
Offered by YouWantIt-WeGotIt

2.0 out of 5 stars It hasn't aged well, 26 Aug. 2014
Oh this has not aged well. I'd remembered the infamous scene in the wind tunnel, what I hadn't remembered was all the terrible writing and acting that went around it. It's not as though this is even a film that is so bad it's watchable, it's just bad.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best travel mug there is, 1 Sept. 2013
I've had this mug bounced, shaken, turned upside down, you name it, and it has never leaked. I cannot speak highly enough of this travel mug.

The vacuum flask will keep the contents hot or cold for longer than the manufacture states, at least in the odd British weather, and it's surprisingly easy to drink from it - all my previous travel mugs have included a large lip and/or not had an air hole, but this mug is a good shape and the use of a press button to the control the valve is inspired.

One word of warning when cleaning: If, as I did, you choose to fill it with hot water from a Burco or similar, put the lid on an then swill it out before emptying it through the drinking spout to clean that, the insulation and seal are so good that when you turn it upside down to empty it, the steam from the hot water will propel the remaining water out of the cup at quite a speed - when the instructions say turn it upright and press the button to open the valve before drinking from the cup they really do mean it.

Gents Brown Real Leather Wallet Case With Credit Card & Coin Slot-WLT351305
Gents Brown Real Leather Wallet Case With Credit Card & Coin Slot-WLT351305

2.0 out of 5 stars It can't be used to its full capacity, 1 Sept. 2013
Life seems to be full of plastic cards today and this looked like the ideal solution. I was willing to accept that it would be larger than the 'average' wallet but it seems that there has been little thought about the effects that making a large wallet would have on the cards; I'm afraid that this is one of the occasions where making a larger version of the same thing doesn't work.

I had to reduce the number of cards I carried in it and in the end I stopped carrying the wallet altogether as the design is such that if it is filled completely, the cards near top and bottom are under such a load that they start to break, simply because there are so many other cards in the same wallet. There is a similar problem with the separate flap that is shown on the right of the product's picture and that flap only sits correctly when the space behind it is nearly empty and it itself is not full; the rest of the time it sits over the top of the other cards behind it and is itself thickened by the cards it holds, so the wallet won't shut.

All in all, this wallet works if you have more than an average number of cards, but if your life is plagued with them as mine is, consider a different design.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but a bit flimsy., 1 Sept. 2013
I use a pointing 'stick' rather than a LASER pointer as a LASER dot gets lost or reflected by the the finish when attempting to point out parts of machinery to candidates. The size of this pointer is excellent, I can stand well out of the way and point out key components or stand to one side of the projector's beam and still indicate key areas. The orange pointer on the end is easy to see under almost all lighting conditions and the fact that it in effect forms a big arrow when extended makes it much easier for candidates to follow than a LASER dot.

Unfortunately the construction is a little understrength and the pointer will sag under its own weight when extended fully; I'm fairly certain that if you just tried to push closed it would bend or snap. Similarly, within a few weeks, the orange pointing end came off and I've had to secure it with glue. That said, I've now been using it for a few years, and it is the most effective pointer I've ever used.

Noma 3.8m Length Of 20 Multicoloured Indoor Static LED Vintage Lanterns Green Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply make a Christmas tree, 1 Sept. 2013
Simple, unfussy and charming.

The LEDs work better than the old fashioned incandescent lamps - there not being any need to unravel them all then check every one, looking for the one lamp that isn't seated properly and that the LED lamps are much cooler so it's safer to leave them on all day. The light from the LEDs isn't quite the same as from an old filament lamp, so you're not going to quite get that authentic experience of your parent's and grandparent's Christmas trees but that is far outweighed by the benefits that LEDs bring.

If you're trying to create (or recreate) a Christmas that isn't afflicted by flashing lights, garish singing Christmas trees and the horrors of musical dancing neon penguins, these will help.

Starlite- Gents Black Real Leather Key Holder Wallet Case With 6 Key Hooks- WLT31206

2.0 out of 5 stars I stopped using it after a few months, 1 Sept. 2013
I liked the concept, I really did, it might just have been the answer to my apparent need to carry a bewildering array of keys everywhere.

Unfortunately I ultimately had to give up on it as it couldn't be relied upon to keep hold of the keys. Quite how it came to drop so many I will never know, but having had to go scrabbling under the car and across the pavement to find my desk keys, my front door keys and the keys to my bike lock, I cut my loses and bought another key ring. It's a shame as when it wasn't dropping keys, it was far better than a conventional keyring as it kept everything flat and stopped them jangling in my pocket as I walked.

Titan TTC-CUV2AB/RHS(DIY) Universal VGA Cooler
Titan TTC-CUV2AB/RHS(DIY) Universal VGA Cooler
Offered by Satkontor GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved the computer, 1 Sept. 2013
I actually bought this to replace a failed North Bridge fan on a somewhat specialised computer that should have had a backup but didn't. In the end it managed to keep the repaired unit going for several more months which meant an orderly transition to a new host rather than a mad scramble to get something (anything!) into the air again.

I was surprised by just how well it was built and how good this fan was and keeping the equipment cool. It was the right size and shape to fit in most places and was suitably flat that it managed to fit under the PSU of the failed unit. I can see this fan being useful all over the place as the heat sink is good and solid, the fan on top is very quiet and efficient and it comes with a variety of fixings (all designed for use on graphics adapters, surprise surprise!).

I can see myself buying more of these.

Page: 1 | 2