Profile for Dr. Anoop Sahal > Reviews

Content by Dr. Anoop Sahal

Dr. Anoop Sahal "Draks" (Northwest England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Pact [DVD]
The Pact [DVD]
Dvd ~ Caity Lotz

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor story, 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Pact [DVD] (DVD)
Slow plodding story line with a predicable course. Few scares and a waste of an evening. Still, I have another coffee cup coaster

Brother MFC7360N Mono Laser Multifunction Print/Copy/Scan/Fax
Brother MFC7360N Mono Laser Multifunction Print/Copy/Scan/Fax
Offered by GHZ SERVICE SRL

5.0 out of 5 stars My Staff Love it, 2 Feb 2014
This is used in a small GP practice. The flat bed and document feeder style copier is very good. It will network easily via ether net.

The plastic is very cheap feeling ut has not broken yet.

An extending support tray for recieved faxes would have been useful as recieved faxes do not protrude much and so can be missed by a recipient.

Actually very good value for money.

Buy additional toners straight off as the supplied one was filled using an ants' thimble.

KORG MS-20 MINI Synthesizers Analog
KORG MS-20 MINI Synthesizers Analog

5.0 out of 5 stars Back from the ancient times, 2 Feb 2014
A knob twiddlers delight. The MS20 really is somewhat mini in key size. Maybe a little too small. The self build kit version is full size but 3 times the cost!

It auto powers down, but hey, that doesn't matter , there are no volatile memories!

The sounds are classics and the patch bay adds versatility.

Midi implementation is pitifully limited to note on and off.

Shame that wave form pulse width is not LFO modulated but this can be modified by independant modders.

The 2 filters are an unusual combination of low and high pass and when used together you get bandpass.

Both filters have independant resonance

The device is very very good value.

Pilot Dr. Grip 4+1 Multi Ball Pen + Mechanical Pencil, Orange
Pilot Dr. Grip 4+1 Multi Ball Pen + Mechanical Pencil, Orange
Offered by Shipping from Japan. JAPAN-SUBCULTURES

5.0 out of 5 stars Posh version of the Bic type, 2 Feb 2014
This feels high quality, the 0.5 mm pencil makes the device stand out over the Bic version.

The ball points are standard colours and are useful and easily selected.

It is a pricey device and likely to be rare because of this

GrassVillage® Aluminum Credit Card Holder Wallet Pocket Aluminium Case Box Credit Card Protection Waterproof Case (Orange)
Offered by GreatDeals4you

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and chearful, 2 Feb 2014
I bought two. One arrived with a dent in it. I cannot be bothered to send it back.

The internal pockets are fragile plastic sheets folded but not glued in place.

They are easy to disassemble and a devil to re-assemble.

The device clips closed and this is quite secure. It is not water tight.

Well these are really cheap and it shows.

Pentel PH803 Super Multi-8 Automatic Mechanical Pencil
Pentel PH803 Super Multi-8 Automatic Mechanical Pencil
Offered by Deputi Japan

5.0 out of 5 stars Most versatile pen on my table, 2 Feb 2014
This device incorporates , coloured ballpoints and 2 mm coloured pencils and a 0.5 mm lead pencil.

The usefulness lies in that the switching is quick and easy. Rotate to lineup the clip with the name of the type of writer you need and press the end button.

Careful with the coloured pencil part as the lead virtually falls out when the button is pressed, you could easliy end up with 8 cm of protruding lead which is very vulnerable to snapping.

I hold the end of the pencil 0.5 cm above a firm surface before pressing the end button to limit the amount of lead that protrudes.

The 0.5 mm pencil advances like any other mechanical with each button press.

The stamina of the ball points are unlikely to be great as the resevoir is small.

2 of the coloured 2 mm pencils are photo copier lucent and 2 are photocopier opaque.

The device contents rattle a lot but this could be used to warn you as someone ties to steal it as surely they will be tempted

Casio Funk LCW-M100DSE-1AER Gents Watch
Casio Funk LCW-M100DSE-1AER Gents Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Only Gorrilla's can wear this....., 7 Sep 2013
......straight out of the box!
The band is massive! Extra links are always welcome, but this requires link removal for human wrists.

The removal of links in this watch is VERY difficult and I say dangerous, unless you have proper tools.

The links are held together by pins which are narrow and fit into the link very tightly.

You could poke a pin out with a very narrow jeweler's screwdriver whilst balancing the link edge on, but the force required to push the pin out is massive.

This makes the risk of the link flipping over and of you stabbing yourself with the poking device significant. The risk of scratching the band is high too.

I suggest that when you order the watch you go to an auction site and order a small vice like device that grips the link safely and pokes the pin out safely by way of a screw driven poker.

Or you could pay a jeweler to do it. A local jeweler wanted £10 !

The vice cost me £3.99 delivered!

The watch is LOVELY.

I personally do not find the face too reflective. It seems to be a brushed effect finish.

The watch mass is substantive and gives an impression of HIGH QUALITY. The links are solid and enhance the feel of expense.

The solar cell is about 1.5 cm of the centre of the face.

Time keeping is accurate. Setting is easy.

The manual is in a tiny font.

Waterproofing is good and allows me to clean my watch in an ultrasonic water bath, keeping the watch clean.

The watch glass is some type of ceramic and likely to resist light scrapes.

The watch came in a trade marked metal tin and was packed in foam and a plastic bag.

The battery charge indicated mid level out of the box. It has not increased from this level after 2 days use.

I hope the battery replacement is easy when it eventually fails to hold a charge. The watch is likely to last a long time.

The AMAZON price of the watch is the CHEAPEST I could find anywhere on the net.

Delivery was 3 days before indicated.

This is a cutting edge, quality product that I feel will last years and years.

Winware Swivel Peeler
Winware Swivel Peeler
Offered by Winware

5.0 out of 5 stars It Peels, 18 Jan 2012
This is a peeler. I use it for potatoes. I am sure it will peel other items too.

The cutter edges are sharp and they cut well. At 1st the peel was thick. When I learned about this I made the peel thinner by pressing more gently.

When I lost my old one I was sad. Now I am happy. In fact I was so happy I bought another one but it did not make me twice as happy. Maybe another 0.2 more happy. It was too familiar. I should have waited for the 1st bout of happiness to wear off then the 0.2 might have been 0.8.

If I am good I am given a 10 Kg sack of potatoes to peel. If I cause a breach of the peace the peeler is hidden in the garden until I can find it again.

I wish I had a crayon. Pencils are sharp enough to injure. Where am I......?

Aphex Exciter Aural Exiter and Optical Big Bottom
Aphex Exciter Aural Exiter and Optical Big Bottom
Offered by Planet Gizmo

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmh!, 27 Dec 2011
I have been yearning after one of these for years but I never thought Ihad speakers worthy of it.

Well my brother bought me some KRK Rokits and a KRKsuper woofer

I ordered the Aphex exciter.

I am 50 so my hearing is worse than it used o be. The best way that I can describe the Aphex is that it is like a superb tone control.It is supposed to be more than active Equalisation I think it probably is but not by much. The treble sounds as though it is less muffled and the bass is punchier. The skin slap of a bass drum is more noticable and this applies to other sounds too, they sound tightened up.

The unit is like a 1980's high fi with no read outs or memories to apply to different tracks. I let Aphex know about this but they have not replied.

My drum machines and my synthesisers are brighter and more impactful.

If you effect return back into the Aphex the stereo spatialising is enhanced and sound is spaced out more.

I saved p&p by ordering from Amazon rather than direct from the retailer (£10)

I think it is just worthy of purchase but I might have considered active EQ graphic equaliser too.

A Haunting - 8DVD Box Set [2008]
A Haunting - 8DVD Box Set [2008]

3.0 out of 5 stars If it works do it over and over and over again, 26 Dec 2011
This is good value. The stories are spooky, and well made. The acting is a little ham-ish.

The stories are all very similar. Minor variations set one apart from the other. Indeed this observation is confirmed in that the same sets are used in several stories. The stair case and landing are easily recognised.

The stories are a variant on The Sallie House , where an unsuspecting family move into a house where they are tormented and sometimes overcome adversity and some times suffer consequences.

Non of the stories have interesting twists and are standard format. I consider children of mid teens would enjoy these stories which are scary enough but not too much so.

The impression is given that exorcisms are short affairs and always succesful. It seems that an exorcism can take from days to years and do sometimes fail and are not to be taken lightly. Days of fasting seems to be pre requisite. The exorcist seem to turn up like a plumber in these stories.

For a more considered story line, I would recommned the series of excellent books " the sorcerors apprentice" in which the author has implemented some observations from the Catholic Church as part of the plot. I believe a Hollywood company are in discussion with the author

Page: 1 | 2 | 3