Profile for D Moffat > Reviews

Content by D Moffat

D Moffat (Currie, Midlothian)

Page: 1 | 2
ASVP Shop® LARGE POPPY BROOCH GOLD PLATED RED DIAMANTE CRYSTAL FLOWER PIN BROACH
Offered by ASVP Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Nov. 2015
Beautiful brooch, lots of admiring glances. Great buy and great seller.

Sassenach
Sassenach
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved the sweeping story of Jamie & Claire Fraser and ..., 6 April 2015
This review is from: Outlander Season 1 (Amazon Video)
I read these books many years ago and I was not able to put them down. I loved the sweeping story of Jamie & Claire Fraser and I never imagined that the tv series could possibly be so good, but it is. The actors should be applauded for their authentic portrayal of highlanders in the eighteenth century. The setting in the beautiful scenery of the highlands of Scotland is spectacular and breathtaking and being a Scot, I have seen many of these stunning scenes, which have brought me to tears. Jamie is not as tall as in the books but he makes up for it with pecs and buttocks to swoon over. Claire is as beautiful and as feisty as she was in the books and I really can't wait to see the second series, I hope it's soon.

Oral-B Trizone 600 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Oral-B Trizone 600 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Oral-B Rechargeable Toothbrush, 2 April 2013
Great toothbrush, even my dentist noticed the difference. It makes your teeth squeaky clean and is great to use. Would recommend.

Danny Bhoy - Live at The Festival Theatre [DVD]
Danny Bhoy - Live at The Festival Theatre [DVD]
Dvd ~ Danny Bhoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Danny Bhoy Live DVD, 2 April 2013
Danny is the funniest person to come out of Scotland since The Big Yin. He's a natural comic and handsome too.

Ewbank Handy Carpet Sweeper
Ewbank Handy Carpet Sweeper
Offered by NOVELTY STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Ewbank Handy Carpet Sweeper, 2 April 2013
This review is from: Ewbank Handy Carpet Sweeper
Great wee carpet sweeper, good for the dog hairs and nice & light. Good price too. Would recommend to anyone who has a pet.

BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Corded Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Corded Handheld Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Bissell Pet Hair Vacuum Cleaner, 2 April 2013
This wee hoover is fandabbydozy. It takes all the dog hairs off my stair carpet and is so light. It's a wee bit noisy but I can put up with that.

Sharwoods Hot Curry Powder 102 g (Pack of 6)
Sharwoods Hot Curry Powder 102 g (Pack of 6)
Offered by Rainford Online Trading LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharwoods Hot Curry Powder, 2 April 2013
This curry powder makes the best curry in the world. I also use it for my chicken & broccoli dish and everyone loves it.

Contraband [DVD]
Contraband [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kate Beckinsale
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Contraband, 13 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Contraband [DVD] (DVD)
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It was well acted and kept you on the edge of your seat. It was slightly unbelievable that he managed to get it all sorted out in the end, before the cops and the bad guys could get the cash but it was a feel good movie in the sense that he did. Giovanni Ribisi as the ultimate bad guy and then his lookalike Ben Foster as the equally bad bad guy was a great choice. Mark Wahlberg always makes you feel afraid, yet safe when he's on your side and Kate Beckinsale was great as his wife. I would recommend this film.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2012 7:31 AM GMT

The Woman in Black [DVD]
The Woman in Black [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniel Radcliffe
Offered by wantitcheaper

5.0 out of 5 stars The Woman in Black, 6 Aug. 2012
This review is from: The Woman in Black [DVD] (DVD)
I loved this movie and though I'm not a big fan of Daniel Radcliffe, I was well impressed with his performance. It was dark, scary and atmospheric and it was an excellent story too. There were some really frightening bits and also some very sad and poignant bits. The ending was very emotional and it made me happy and sad at the same time. I would thoroughly recommend this movie.

The Grey [DVD]
The Grey [DVD]
Dvd ~ Liam Neeson
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars The Grey, 7 July 2012
This review is from: The Grey [DVD] (DVD)
I have put off watching this film because I am a great wolf lover. I thought I would watch it as I had heard that Liam Neeson did a terrific job and I have liked a lot of his other movies. It was a terrific picture and the scenery was out of this world. You could see that the cold was real and Liam Neeson's acting was as usual very sincere and meaningful.
I kept trying to tell myself that this was a survival picture and when I saw that the alpha wolf was not real, I tried to enjoy it but the fact that they made out that this pack of wolves were hunting them because they were merely in their territory, quickly made me think that this has put wolves' bad reputation back another ten years. The wolves were not hungry as winter is usually their time of plenty and they were not eating them, just killing them out of revenge. I know for a fact that hungry wolves will kill man but wolves that can think about revenge are just ludicrous. Now another generation will believe that if they ever get stranded somewhere in north America, they will be eaten by the big bad wolves.
I really thought that in 2012 we had moved on from this fallacy about such a beautiful animal, who rear their pups with such care and look after their sick and old members with great compassion.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2012 1:50 PM BST