Profile for Gems > Reviews

Gems

White is for Witching
White is for Witching

3.0 out of 5 stars A strange read...., 9 Oct 2013
I have just finished this book and I must say that, although I found it rather a strange read, I still found myself wanting to read on! The writing style is indeed quite poetic, which makes the plot line quite difficult to follow at times even though the plot is, in essence, quite simple. Some readers might find dissatisfaction with the ending as it does not really explain, or bring to a conclusion, the themes covered in the book. I found it suited the style, however, and did not mind. An interesting, but strange read, that frightened me at times and certainly made me think. Definitely one to try!

I've Got Your Number
I've Got Your Number

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie Kinsella never fails to deliver!, 31 May 2013
I hadn't bought this book as I could only find it in hardback but finally gave in and downloaded it to my Kindle last week. And I'm sooo glad I did!!!! I love all of Sophie Kinsella's other books and this one certainly joins the list.

It kept me gripped - I finished it in a day - and although the footnotes are a bit tricky on the Kindle, you soon get used to them and they add humour to the story. The characters reminded me a little of Shopaholic but I think that only made me enjoy the book even more.

If you haven't read this one yet, buy it now! You won't be disappointed :)