Profile for Lynne W > Reviews

Postcards from the Past
Postcards from the Past
Price: 4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 14 Feb 2014
Another good book from Marcia Willett. I have enjoyed every one of her books and look forward to the next one. Recommended.

The Midnight Rose
The Midnight Rose
by Lucinda Riley
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Midnight Rose (Paperback)
I have read all Lucinda Riley's book but this one is the best yet. I couldn't put it down - and yet I didn't want it to come to an end. It is a wonderful story with very real characters and I can't recommend it highly enough. To be honest, I don't know how she'll follow this!

The Turning Point
The Turning Point
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Never lets me down., 4 July 2013
This review is from: The Turning Point (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book but then I AM a big Judith Lennox fan. I have read everything she has written (sometimes more than once) and she never never lets me down. I am not going through the story as it will have already been done but it has everything a good story should have. Can't wait for her next book.

The Lavender Garden
The Lavender Garden
by Lucinda Riley

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfair practises., 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Lavender Garden (Paperback)
I just think it's wrong that this kind of thing can happen. Santa Montefiore is also guilty of this so be warned. Just double check everything before you buy. A complete rip off.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2013 4:13 PM BST

Silver 5mm Patterned Hinged Bangle
Silver 5mm Patterned Hinged Bangle
Price: 37.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 7 Jun 2013
This was bought for me by my sisters for a 'special' birthday. I was delighted with it. So pretty but very neat.

A Week in Winter
A Week in Winter
by Maeve Binchy
Price: 15.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read., 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: A Week in Winter (Hardcover)
I love Maeve Binchy and can't believe she is never going to write another book for us to lose ourselves in. Because that's what you do with Maeve don't you? You just lose yourself. She is without doubt my favourite author and I have read all of her books (some many times) and some are better than others - as is the case with every author but I loved this book just the same. Typical Binchy - weaving her magic throughout and tying it all up at the end. Maeve you are going to be missed.

FABRETTI Ladies Leather Fashion Purse Fashion Bags
FABRETTI Ladies Leather Fashion Purse Fashion Bags

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 9 Feb 2013
This is a nice looking purse but it arrived with a faulty zipper. It's workable but not perfect. I was surprised because I have had lots of Fabretti stuff and this is a first.

The Secret She Kept
The Secret She Kept
by Amelia Carr
Price: 6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous!, 27 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Secret She Kept (Paperback)
I have read all Amelia Carr's books and this is the best yet. I won't detail the story as that has been done already. If you only buy one book this year - make it this one. A real page turner - I couldn't wait to find out the ending!

Witness (later issued as Evil Relations): The Story of David Smith, Chief Prosecution Witness in the Moors Murders Case
Price: 5.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but emotional., 4 Mar 2012
I don't normally read biographies but my mum bought this book and I started to read it because David Smith was the 'unknown quantity' in this sad and sorry affair and I was curious to know what happened to him. Well, I can't put it down and am almost at the end. Am desperately hoping that the poor man has been happy for the last 30 or so years. In my opinion, David Smith is a hero and I would love to shake his hand for what he did. For a young boy he showed immense courage and only someone of really low intelligence would think otherwise. How could those morons treat him and Maureen like they did? Unbelievable. This is a remarkable book - well written and evocative. It has actually made me weep in parts at the absolute injustice of it all. It will be a long time before I forget it. David, I thank you for saving the lives of countless other children and I wish you a happy life with your lovely wife, Mary and your family. You deserve it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2012 3:10 AM BST

A Tiny Bit Marvellous
A Tiny Bit Marvellous
by Dawn French

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a tiny bit marvellous, 13 July 2011
This review is from: A Tiny Bit Marvellous (Hardcover)
Well, I've tried but today I am giving up. I am just over half way through this book and to be honest it's rubbish. This is the first time I have bought a book by a 'celebrity' author and it will be the last. I will stick to established authors in the future - how they must be tearing their hair out at this influx of celebrity writers. Dawn - stick to what you are good at and leave the proper writers to it. I agree with a previous reveiwer - this only got published because of who wrote it. A case of the Emperor's new clothes I think with this one. Very disappointing as I love Dawn French.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2012 7:54 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2