Profile for P. W. Biggs > Reviews

Content by P. W. Biggs

P. W. Biggs (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
REALMAX® Toslink Cable 1m 2m 3m 4m 5m 10m Digital Optical audio Gold Premium Quality supports all Toslink enabled devices and gadgets (1m Toslink Cable)
Offered by REALMAX®-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A good quality budget item for a simple task., 20 Nov. 2015
I bought the short 1M cable as my PS3 sits right next to the Toslink switch I have. Despite being a budget item, I found the plastic to be a good quality moulding with a nice texture. It plugged in with a nice firm click, as you'd expect from Toslink, and worked first time no problems.

Kingfisher Self Assembly Garden Arch For Climbing Plants & Roses
Kingfisher Self Assembly Garden Arch For Climbing Plants & Roses
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online

2.0 out of 5 stars At the time I thought it was good value, but it has just collapsed (Sept 2015), 18 Sept. 2015
I bought one and assembled it quickly in March 2013. At the time I thought it was good value, but it has just collapsed (Sept 2015). I was growing a honeysuckle up it so it had no great weight on it, but it rusted already and just buckled.

OAK WOODEN EFFECT PICTURE PHOTO SQUARE FRAMES SIZE: 6"x6", PORTRAIT OR LANDSCAPE READYMADE
Offered by ZOVATO

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the price., 26 Aug. 2015
Great quality for the price.

Bermuda 5 Switch Weatherproof Junction Box
Bermuda 5 Switch Weatherproof Junction Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine., 26 Aug. 2015
Been working in the greenhouse for some time now. No problems.

Big Laces Round Black Neon Pink 180cm Bootlaces
Big Laces Round Black Neon Pink 180cm Bootlaces
Offered by Big Laces

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job., 26 Aug. 2015
Just the job.

Excel Outdoor Weatherproof Time Delay Push Switch
Excel Outdoor Weatherproof Time Delay Push Switch

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, modern flush button keeps the dirt and moisture out., 30 Jun. 2015
Works well. I found adjusting the timer a bit hit and miss though. You have to flick a small bank of switches to select a range, then adjust a small potentiometer to select the time in the range and it's very sensitive. I only needed a short delay so it wasn't too bad, pressing the button and waiting for it to go off, then making another adjustment. If I'd needed one of the longer time lapses it would be very frustrating.
Perhaps the way to do that is adjust for a smaller range then changing the switch setting to 'multiply' the delay. I don't know if that would work well though. I suppose in most situations accuracy isn't that important.
Still, a longer bank of switches, or a potentiometer with more turns would have been nice.

Gardman Greenhouse Auto Vent
Gardman Greenhouse Auto Vent
Offered by EDExpressWorld

5.0 out of 5 stars So far it's been working fine and is easier to adjust than a previous opener ..., 26 May 2015
When I first read the instructions for this I thought it was going to be complicated to put up, but once I got started it was really quite simple. Mine is fitted to an aluminium greenhouse roof opener. So far it's been working fine and is easier to adjust than a previous opener I used.
They just need to revisit those instructions.

ROOT!T 57 x 35.5 x 5.5cm Propagator Tray (Box of 18)
ROOT!T 57 x 35.5 x 5.5cm Propagator Tray (Box of 18)

4.0 out of 5 stars However I'm finding a use for them in other parts of the greenhouse and for 18 trays they're excellent value. However they are v, 26 May 2015
I needed a tray just this size. A tray, not 18! As I couldn't find anything else suitable I got these. i.e. 17 more than I needed. However I'm finding a use for them in other parts of the greenhouse and for 18 trays they're excellent value.
However they are very thin; effectively they're designed for single use. If you want to wash them clean from time to time you'll have to take great care not to crack them.
For my uses I'd have preferred to pay the same for 6 trays that were 3 times thicker.

Stanley Heavy Duty Garden Gate Latch Kit White S808-873
Stanley Heavy Duty Garden Gate Latch Kit White S808-873
Offered by Brooklyn Trading Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars or even better, galvanised, 26 May 2015
I've had the ordinary garden latches before, but where my gate is the wind can catch it and throw it shut. Those ordinary latches with their flat mild steel don't stand a chance. This one is much more solid and as the centre plate wraps around the gate post I think the post would fall over before it breaks.
I've got mine on a wooden gate and post, so it's a pity about the colour. I'd have preferred black, or even better, galvanised.

CEL MultiPRO 240-Volt AC Oscillating Multitool MT3  (Old Version)
CEL MultiPRO 240-Volt AC Oscillating Multitool MT3 (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid must have tool., 31 Jan. 2015
This is, for me at least, a new type of power tool which immediately goes into my collection of must have tools. Others of this type are available of course, but I've had this one quite a while now and find it very solidly built and powerful enough for every use I've put it to.
The tools are changed with an Allen key and there are no fiddly lock buttons you have to press while changing the cutting head. You'll need a set of blades as well. I bought the CEL AP08 kit which has a good selection.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7