Profile for Gary Pickett > Reviews

The Jim Reeves Connection
Price: 14.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Jim would record songs he loved, and its said, 23 Aug 2014
Jim Reeves connection
I bought this CD, simply to hear other artists interpretations and answer songs of Jim's hits, it quite fascinating, amongst the songs, is Billy Brown's recording of He'll have to go, a song Jim recorded almost in the same style of the original , waiting only to see if Billys version would chart, this shows the character of the man. Jim would record songs he loved, and its said, he would often come back to songs and then and only then he would record them . This CD is well worth adding to your library, Bear family records do a wonderful job in the material they release on this fine artist, a great and very interesting buy.

Bouncy Rubber Egg Jet Ball [Toy]
Bouncy Rubber Egg Jet Ball [Toy]
Offered by Bargain Genie UK
Price: 0.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 July 2014
We have hens, caught family and friends out, haha!

Acctim Ingot Small Blue Quartz Travel Time Alarm Clock - Light & Snooze
Acctim Ingot Small Blue Quartz Travel Time Alarm Clock - Light & Snooze
Offered by plentytime
Price: 4.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 July 2014
Great, does the job, no frills!

RHX Simple Gold Hands DIY Quartz Wall Clock Movement Mechanism Replacement Parts Kit
Offered by highqualityforyou
Price: 2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 July 2014
Brilliant, just remember the length of the spindle, this one is short.

Soft & Sticky Rubber Realistic Fake Dog Poo Waste Turd Prank Poop Joke Fun Novelty
Offered by My Swift
Price: 0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 July 2014
Very realistic, sticky to the touch, will pass as the real thing.

Bill Quinn - A Tribute to Jim Reeves
Bill Quinn - A Tribute to Jim Reeves
Offered by SourceMediaUK
Price: 15.92

1.0 out of 5 stars Bill Quinn, 17 Jun 2014
There is no greater fan of Jim Reeves, than myself, I find tribute artists interesting, and in some ways this keeps the artist(s) music alive, so to speak. I bought this album recently, but I really did not find the interpretations as enjoyable as I would have liked. I really have to say it is very unlikely I shall ever play this album again. Bill has a pleasant enough voice, but not enough to cover Jims incredible range of music. Although The CD was used and pennies were exchanged, if you love the music of Jim Reeves buy the originals.
I have long awaited Sony or the likes to release Jim's albums in full, and now I see in the listings this is now happening in the eight album original sets, a must for any fan. Note: the South African recording CD is now available on e bay, released by Sony only in South Africa, it should be available world wide....Sony you are missing out on sales!!!!!

The Best Of Jim Reeves
The Best Of Jim Reeves
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of Jim Reeves, 18 May 2014
This review is from: The Best Of Jim Reeves (Audio CD)
Here we have a great buy, and the song listing is well worth the purchase. There are now a huge amount of release's this year being the 50th anniversary of the passing of this wonderful artist. Jim's legacy will remain in the music world for many, many more years to come, his voice was way ahead of it's time, and even today his recordings sound as fresh as ever. With this wonderful collection you will hear why this artist became a country legend, he broke all the boundaries of the music industry, crossing over into the pop music field, he will be remembered as a singer who sang good songs, songs from the very heart, so if this is a first buy album, it will not be your last.

Unreleased Hits of Jim Reeves
Unreleased Hits of Jim Reeves
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 28.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Unreleased hits of Jim Reeves, 27 April 2014
This album is another fine example of overdub recordings . There is a fine line as to having the original recordings as recorded by Jim, or these with added instrumentals, can you improve old recordings and still like them, well myself I think you can, the down side is the cost of this album, so unnecessary!!! Shop around for a fair price, Jim Reeves music will indeed live on, remember the originals are far cheaper, and recorded the way Jim wanted them to sound!

The Very Best of Patsy Cline
The Very Best of Patsy Cline
Offered by barneys_cds
Price: 9.79

3.0 out of 5 stars The very best of Patsy Cline, 10 April 2014
Patsy Cline had the most beautiful voice in country music, never to be equalled in the style and delivery she had. I personally love to hear her sing ballads such as "You belong to me" " I fall to pieces" but here we have Patsy with most of her early recordings and the odd Ballard, to me "The best of" should include a lot more, but if you are a fan, you will no doubt buy it, but I can only give it three stars instead of the five she really deserves.

Hits!
Hits!
Offered by MasterDVD
Price: 3.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Hits, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Hits! (Audio CD)
I was a mere seven years old as the 1960s began, yet today I appreciate those wonderful sounds that have yet to fade away some fifty years on, we produced so much talent in this era, and Adam Faith was on we of them. I feel this CD covering all his hits is a rare find, but it has to be said some songs he feels uncomfortable with. He has a very good voice, but if certain songs were not of his choice, it shows. Songs for instance, A White Sports Coat, covered by a number of artists at the time and fighting for the highest chart success, Adam would have been high on the list

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10