Profile for C. Harris > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
HeliZone Hover-Hawk 3.5 Channel Helicopter
HeliZone Hover-Hawk 3.5 Channel Helicopter

5.0 out of 5 stars Never get bored!, 3 Jun. 2013
I actually purchased this from the Modelzone store. For £9.99 you can't go wrong. I will start with the packaging. It is boxed very well. The remote is very large and at one end of the box. The helicopter itself, is secured very well to the interior of the box. It simply slides out and there it is, ready to remove. I did find it slightly fiddly to remove, but no headache in doing so. You need to buy some batteries for the remote. This takes SIX AA BATTERIES. In the packaging itself, are some spares if needed and a USB charger. This bag is very well hidden, look for it, it is there somewhere. You get a small screwdriver, two spare rotor blades and one small propeller for the rear of the helicopter.

To charge the helicopter, simply plug the yellow USB into your PC, and the small connection the other end plugs underneath the helicopter. Where the USB is plugged into the PC, it lights up to let you know that it is on charge. When it is fully charged, the light will go out. It doesn't take long to charge, roughly around fifteen to twenty minutes. If needed, there is a charger in the remote control itself. Simply slide the cover off (this is located below the thumb controls) and plug the charger into the helicopter. Make sure the remote is switched on.

The durability of this thing is superb. I've lost count the number of crashes it is had. It is going strong even now. The more you practice the better you get, just a slight tweak on the thumb control is all that is needed. It is very stable in the air and movement of the helicopter is very simple to master (with practice). It is a lot of fun to play with. It is indoor only, I made the mistake of taking it out the back garden. Just a slight bit of wind, and the thing lifted up in the air so fast I had no control over it. Straight into the neighbours garden.

It is well made, and I am very pleased with the value I am getting from it. If it ever dies on me, well, it's only a tenner for another one :-)

Nikon SB-910 Speedlight Flash Unit
Nikon SB-910 Speedlight Flash Unit

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic speedlight., 4 Jan. 2013
This is my first speed light, so it was a little overwhelming for me at first. There's a lot to this flash, with a menu system as well. After getting to grips with using this flash, the exposure is spot on every time. Using TTL, it knows how bright the flash needs to be. You can bounce the flash off the ceiling or walls, and the flash will adjust the output to get the correct exposure. The head has a "ZOOM" feature, where when you zoom from say 18mm to 200mm, you can hear the flash head moving backwards or forwards according to your focal length. There are three light patterns you can select. STANDARD - Normal Flash, WIDE (EVEN) - For group shots, CENTRE-WEIGHTED -Focuses light more near the center. The flash comes with it's own stand, so you can position the flash anywhere near or around your subject for a different lighting effect. For this, I set the camera to REMOTE, then used the pop up flash on my camera. The flash going off on the camera will set off the SB-910 as well, the pop up flash (or another speed light) will be the trigger. I thought this was awesome, so now I had two light sources to use. This worked extremely well. You can set it to AUTO or Manual when using the remote function. What I done was to set the minimum flash output on the camera, and used various flash output settings (in manual) on the SB-910 to experiment. This flash comes with a diffuser, when fitted the zoom head sets to 14mm wide angle. It also comes with two hard plastic colour filters for white balance when shooting in tungsten or fluorescent light. The flash communicates very well with the camera, the LCD on the flash displays your ISO, focal length and aperture. I am very pleased with this flash, and I am sure it will give me years of use.

Just a note, after reading reviews, With constant hard use of the flash, the SB-900 would overheat then shut down, this flash, if overheated does not shut down. It just extends the recharge time so it can cool off, so you can still use the flash instead of it shutting down like the SB-900

Hope this review is useful.

Battery--World Replace Pentax D-LI109 Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery forPentax DSLR K-r Digital Camera[7.4V (compatible with 7.2V) 2000mAh]

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality battery., 23 Aug. 2012
These are of very good quality. The casing of the battery is very well made. In fact the build quality is no different to the Pentax battery. The battery fitted perfectly into the Pentax charger and charged up with no problems. I purchased two of these batteries, as they seem very good value for the money. The original Pentax battery is a 1050mAh, these are 2000mAh. Which means they should last a lot longer than the Pentax. I have not had chance to take the camera out and test these batteries yet, but I have charged them to test that they are working. I charged these up around two weeks ago, and they still have full charge. Normally batteries would have discharged by now. I will up date this review after testing out these batteries in the camera. Thanks for reading.

Inkrite PhotoPlus Professional Paper Photo Gloss 210gsm 6x4 (100 sheets)
Inkrite PhotoPlus Professional Paper Photo Gloss 210gsm 6x4 (100 sheets)
Offered by Refresh Cartridges

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for the price!, 25 July 2012
These are great photo papers. They are cheap, but for the money you get better than normal quality compared to other cheaper branded products (these cheaper branded products are still more expensive than these papers). These are perfect for just normal every day prints. The first thing that struck me for the price, was the thickness of the paper. It's 210 g/m. Nice and thick, and not too thin either. They are glossy, but I would say more semi gloss than full on gloss paper. Another thing to note, is the colour of the white. For my better prints I use either epson or kodak paper. When compared to this brand, the white on the epson and the kodak are a warm white. The white on these papers are a cool white. So the white balance is very different indeed. I also have some cheap 6x4 kodak papers, again, the cheap kodak papers had a warm white to them. In comparison with the cheap kodak papers, when printed on. There really is not much difference in colour. The image is a little brighter and the black tend to not be as dark when using these papers. Like I said, all in all, for the money they are spot on for just everyday prints, whether they are for the kids to print or some photo's you want to stick on your fridge door. They do the job fine. For your more important prints, I wouldn't use these papers. I hope this review helps.

iChoose - Pentax Camera Remote / Compatible IR Remote Control Shutter Release for Pentax K100D K110D K200D K10D K20D K7 K5 K-m Kx Kr K-7 Km K-x K-r , *istDS2, *istDS, *istDL2, *istDL, *istD, also Optio S6 S60, Optio S5z S5n S5i, Optio S4i S4, Optio SV SVi, Optio 550 555, Optio 750z, Optio 330 430[rs], MZ-6, Optio A40, A36, A30, S12, S10, T30
Offered by ICC-TECH

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 26 Jun. 2012
I needed a remote for my camera. When the item arrived, I simply removed the small plastic battery cover and away it worked. I can stand behind my camera (pentax k-x) press the button, job done. It's great for bulb mode too. Press once once, shutter opens, press again, shutter closes (depending on your camera settings). For the money this is spot on. Very pleased, it just works really well for me.

Ex-Pro Heavy Duty Professional Camera Tripod with Pro Ball Head and Lens Cleaning Pouch for Canon/JVC Everio/Panasonic/Sanyo/Sony Handycam

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good tripod. It does the job., 26 Jun. 2012
This is my first tripod. To me it seems very well made. The legs extend very easy with just a simple click. It has one spirit level which sits behind the camera. The ball joint is not very smooth moving, but if you apply some amount of grease I'm sure this would rectify the issue. Once the plate is attatched to the camera. this item then simply slides into the fixing with a firm "click". To remove the camera, there is a small lever in which you press down then the camera will slide out from the fixing. There is a screw on the front, once tightened this will keep the camera firmly into place. Even if the lever is pressed, the camera will remain put. Do not remove this screw, as there is a small spring which holds a locking part into place. No need to unscrew all the way anyways. On the ball joint there is a small grub screw and a small hand screw. The hand screw locks tthe ball joint into place. I had to undo the grub screw slightly so the ball joint will move more freely. Again, try not to remove the hand screw all the way out, if you do then a small part will drop out inside. This is very easy to put back in. Just remove the hand screw and the grub screw fully. The bottom of the ball joint will remove exposing inside. Collect the small part and re-essemble. This is very good and easy to come apart, handy for applying some grease to the ball joint. When all parts are tightened, the camera is locked into place. Unfortunately you cannot swivel the camera from left to right, which is a bit of a shame as this is a nice tripod. But you do get what you pay for, and for the money this is a great buy. It does the job perfectly for me, I can now go out and start to do some night shots that I couldn't do before.

AA+inks Compatible Ink Cartridges Replacement for Epson T0715 TO715 ET0715 (4x T0711 4x T0712 4x T0713 4x T0714)
Offered by AA+inks

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend., 15 April 2012
I found that the original epson cartridges are a bit too pricey just for everyday printing. I have tried several alternative ink cartridges to the epson. I must say that these are great for the money. The print colour is fantastic for what they are. I have printed several phtotos and I am not disappointed. Other epson alternatives I have used, the ink level indicator (viewed in your printer driver) was not quite accurate. The ink level fell in small blocks, while these one are more accurate, they fall in small increments showing a little more accuracy. So I don't waste ink when changing the cartridge. I have an old printer, a DX4450. The ink cartridges were accepted with no hassle what so ever. Will definitely use these ink cartridges again. Very pleased with them.

Genuine Original Samsung Black Battery Cover - Galaxy S i9000
Genuine Original Samsung Black Battery Cover - Galaxy S i9000

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Battery Cover, 8 Oct. 2011
I have looked everywhere to find a cover like this. While many shop's say they have a genuine Samsung cover. It is not. They never seem to fit snug and perfect around the phone. I have tried two different sellers on Amazon before this one, and while they fitted the phone. It was not an exact fit. This one however , I have to say is genuine. Clicked onto the back of the phone perfectly. No raised lip at the top of the phone, perfectly fitted down the sides of the phone as well. Very happy with this cover. The only thing that got to me. Was that it has the Three network symbol on the back. Apart from that. Very happy.

GENUINE SAMSUNG I-9000 GALAXY S BATTERY BACK COVER- BLACK BY MPAS
GENUINE SAMSUNG I-9000 GALAXY S BATTERY BACK COVER- BLACK BY MPAS

3.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Battery Cover, 8 Oct. 2011
While the cover looks geniune. I think it may not be. The reason for this, is it looks and feels right. But unfortunately it doesn't fit perfectly around the phone. It will click into place, but at the top of the phone, where you charge it. The cover is raised slightly. I find this quite annoying. While it will do the job fine, it's not an exact fit.

Cameron Sino Extended 3000 mAh Battery for Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 with Back Cover
Offered by The Battery Specialist

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the job., 20 July 2011
The original battery that comes with the Samsung Galaxy S did not last me very long. I saw this product on Amazon and had to give it a try. The battery life is excellent. It lasts me all day and then some. This was with regulary using the phone on the internet, e.g. checking emails and going on facebook etc. My main reason for purchasing this battery, is because I use the phone as a sat nav using Google navigation. This sucks up battery power to no end. With this battery it lasts that much longer. The only downside is, it makes your phone look like a brick. That's not an issue for me, as I knew this would be the case before purchasing and I needed the extra battery life. It does the job intended, and I am very happy with this product.

Page: 1 | 2