Profile for AmyM > Reviews

Red Ink
by Julie Mayhew
Price: 9.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic and gripping, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Red Ink (Hardcover)
I read this almost by mistake, I am not a teenager, neither do I have teenagers, but I loved the sound of the story, and now I am glad I did. Red Ink is, finally, a refreshingly honest acount of teenage angst. Melon is not your average teenager, she is quirky and awkward and has had a lot to deal with, but she is real and portrayed brilliantly. The flashback scenes to Crete transport you to an idyllic setting, which combines perfectly with the gritty world Melon finds herelf in. By the end I found I had warmed to her so much I almost wanted to be a teenager again to be her friend and help her overcome her problems. Yes, it may not be comfortable reading in parts, but this is what a lot of teenagers are going through and the author has done a great job of this, combined with a fantastic and gripping story.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2013 6:34 PM GMT

Kitchen & Co: Colourful Home Cooking Through The Seasons
Kitchen & Co: Colourful Home Cooking Through The Seasons
by Ellie Grace
Price: 11.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of choice!, 18 Sep 2012
I love this book, it is the ideal cookbook if you are looking for inspiration for every day dishes, or for entertaining, but are sick of the making the same thing over and over again (or constantly resorting to Jamie or Nigella!) Every ingredient is easily sourced and the recipes will have you watering at the mouth whilst realising that you can actually easily make them yourself! My food shopping never extends beyond the local supermarket and it's so nice to read a cookbook where I already have, or can easily find, the majority of ingredients.