Profile for doddles > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Brite Buds - Stereo-to-mono Reflective Cord Single Earbud
Brite Buds - Stereo-to-mono Reflective Cord Single Earbud

4.0 out of 5 stars Brite Buds, 27 Jun. 2014
Produce good sound and you are given a reasonable length of cord. My only gripe is that they do not last very long (I have had 2 pack up after a few months use). I think it may be the way it is connected by a rather bulky plastic thing which plugs into the unit you are using. However, for the price I think they are good value and most useful for people like me who are deaf in one ear
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2014 2:25 PM BST

"Gramophone" Jazz Good CD Guide 1997
"Gramophone" Jazz Good CD Guide 1997
by Keith Shadwick

5.0 out of 5 stars Jazz Guide, 26 Feb. 2014
Excellent value. Although this is not the latest version of the guide and it is not a new it is just what I wanted

Pack of 4 Headboard Bed Screws/Bolts with Washer fixings
Pack of 4 Headboard Bed Screws/Bolts with Washer fixings
Offered by BED CENTRE

3.0 out of 5 stars Headboard Bolts, 26 Feb. 2014
The bolts looked good and strong but did not fit the screw holes in the double bed (which is a standard one) because the thread was too big. So I could not use them. Disappointing.

Satechi 7 Port USB 3.0 Premium Aluminium Hub for iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook, and Mac Mini (White Trim)

4.0 out of 5 stars Satechi 7 Port USB does the job, 21 Feb. 2014
Plugged it into my iMac and connected some peripherals to test it and they worked without a hitch. It is annoying that there is no on/off switch which means you have to disconnect the hub at the point where it is plugged into the mains (this means crouching under a desk in my case). The blue indicator light remains on all the time unless it is switched off. I have attached the hub to the base of the stand supplied for for the iMac by using valcro and therefore it is not cluttering up the desk surface.

Considering the price, I am surprised that the hub cannot be used to charge gadgets such as phones, satnavs, etc. since it uses a mains supply. For this reason and because there is no on/off switch on the unit I give it four stars rather than five. It is a good looking piece of equipment which complements the iMac perfectly. Recommended.

Quick and efficient delivery from the supplier.

Bipra 1TB 2.5 inch USB 2.0 Mac Edition Portable External Hard Drive - Silver
Bipra 1TB 2.5 inch USB 2.0 Mac Edition Portable External Hard Drive - Silver
Offered by Bipra Limited Number 1 Hard Drive Specialist

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Nov. 2013
Once I sorted out how to get it to work on my iMac it did the job efficiently. There are no instructions which would have been helpful (especially if the user is not computer savvy). You have to go into Systems Preferences, select Backup and then select the Bipra which will be showing if it has been connected to your computer first). Very nice piece of equipment.

MENS LADIES DISCREET BLACK LEATHER HOLIDAY SAFETY MONEY BELT BY LEATHER EMPORIUM MB14
Offered by Discount Leather Mart

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, 18 Nov. 2013
I have only tried it on at home to try it out. The belt clipping looks good. It does not look too strong (zips could be a weakness) so I hope it lasts me for my 3 week holiday in January 2014. We shall see.

Wenko 1201633100 Ironing Board Cover Air Comfort Xl - 4 mm Comfort Padding, Cotton, XL - 140 x 45 cm, Blue-White

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 18 Nov. 2013
It was a little bit too big for my ironing board but fitting was pretty easy. You do need two sets of straps to get a good tight fit. In each set of three straps, one strap is shorter than the other two for the pointed end of the ironing board. Ironing is easy. Recommended

The Road
The Road

5.0 out of 5 stars Bleak but riveting, 26 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Road (Kindle Edition)
What a story! So this is how it will be if mankind manages to destroy the planet and almost everything in it? Impressive writing which conveys the emptiness and futility that faces the few humans who manage to survive to possibly create new lives.

Girl At The Lion d'Or
Girl At The Lion d'Or

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his best, 26 Nov. 2012
Having read Birdsong which I loved I purchased this but for me it was a bit of a disappointment. A wonderful writer but I was never fully convinced by the characters and the story.

Parade's End: Some Do Not...; No More Parades; A Man Could Stand Up - ; The Last Post (Penguin Modern Classics)

2.0 out of 5 stars A tedious read, 26 Nov. 2012
I do not like giving up on books but I gave up on the first one of this trilogy. The writing style is clumsy and too plodding for me.

Page: 1 | 2