ARRAY(0xab9efcfc)

Profile for nigel black > Reviews

Content by nigel black

nigel black

AOC I2369VM 23 inch IPS LED Monitor (50000000:1, 250 cd/m2, 6ms, HDMI)
AOC I2369VM 23 inch IPS LED Monitor (50000000:1, 250 cd/m2, 6ms, HDMI)
Price: 124.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant monitor, 13 Oct 2013
I saw these monitors had a excellent review on the internet and deservedly so! I bought it for the display port interface but I am currently only using HDMI. It has 2 HDMI ports but only one supports sound to the internal speakers. The display can be viewed at very extreme angles (there is no colour distortion and also no annoying reflections that you find on some screens). I read that this monitor was not particularly bright but I think it is and have turned down the brightness from its default setting. Sound quality is poor and stand is a bit weak but this still a very good monitor. In HDMI it is very good and I expect it will be even better when I switch to display port later on. I would definitely recommend to a friend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2013 3:26 PM BST

Bahco P51 - professionalHedge Shear 22in
Bahco P51 - professionalHedge Shear 22in
Price: 43.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shears, 13 Oct 2013
I bought Bahco shears because I have bought Bahco saws before and they have been excellent. The serrated edge near the start of each blade does help 'catch' the branches when cutting. The rubber buffers between handles work well to stop blades jarring but I suspect won't last long. There were many cheaper alternatives so I hope these prove to be worth the price. I am pleased with them overall and would still recommend to a friend.

Bahco  384-6T Pruning Saw
Bahco 384-6T Pruning Saw
Price: 18.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pole saw blade, 13 Oct 2013
This is my second saw blade. I bought is as a spare (not that my first one is blunt yet)! These seem to stay sharp for ages. The blade does flex a bit in use which is why I am only giving it four stars. I think it might perform better if it was a bit more rigid. I would recommend to a friend.

Draper Expert 25773 Stainless Steel Soft-Grip Lawn RakeDraper Expert 25773 Stainless Steel Soft-Grip Lawn Rake
Price: 17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lawn rake, 13 Oct 2013
Perfect for leaves or moss. Nice long handle. Seems strong and will hopefully be durable as stainless steel. I would recommend to a friend

Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse - Black (Brown Box)
Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse - Black (Brown Box)
Price: 7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic mouse, 13 Oct 2013
Good lightweight, accurate mouse with ratchet mouse wheel. I gave it only four stars because cable could be more flexible. (The cable had a tendency to act like a spring and move the mouse by itself on a crowded desk like mine!). I would however still recommend it to a friend.