Profile for Peter Wainwright > Reviews

Watch My Back
Watch My Back
by Geoff Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch my back, 18 Oct 2009
This review is from: Watch My Back (Paperback)
I purchased this book after watching the film 'Clubbed' on which it was based. My first impression whilst reading this book was that it was merely a list of brutally violent acts. However, it was well written and described graphically the danger and fear of 'working the door' at some of Coventry's less desirable clubs and pubs. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Geoff Thompsons story and it developed into one of those books which you don't want to put down.

Early Doors - Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Early Doors - Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Craig Cash

5.0 out of 5 stars Early Doors Series 1 and 2, 2 Feb 2009
I happened to come across 'Early Doors' whilst scanning the TV for something to watch. How lucky was I? This is a gem of a comedy, superbly written with a wonderful range of characters. I have watched the series several times and I still laugh at the sound of Jean's inhaler. I would strongly recommend this to anyone who likes good British observation comedy. A gem.

Chef! - Complete Series 1-3 Box Set [DVD]
Chef! - Complete Series 1-3 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lenny Henry

4.0 out of 5 stars Chef Box Set, 2 Feb 2009
I enjoyed the original series when it was first shown and decided to buy the box set. I thought that there was something wrong with the series 1 disc when I watched episode 4 (Big Cheese) but found out that the BBC had decided to edit and remove a key scene. There does not seem any logic behind this and anyone who has not already watched the original will probably be totally confused. Overall the box set is good value and I would recommend it.

Binary 240 Cd DVD Carry case Leather Stlye Look
Binary 240 Cd DVD Carry case Leather Stlye Look
Offered by Chameleon Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Neo CD/DVD Carrying Case, 2 Feb 2009
Excellent value case.
The only annoying thing was that each sleeve opening had to be removed by hand.