Profile for Rita > Reviews

Content by Rita

Rita (HORSHAM, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
The Burning Room (Harry Bosch Book 19)
The Burning Room (Harry Bosch Book 19)

4.0 out of 5 stars an easy read. Not the greatest Harry Bosch story and ..., 23 Nov 2014
As usual, an easy read. Not the greatest Harry Bosch story and little character development really but good enough for fans. Harry is handing over to "Lucky Lucy" Soto his latest partner who has a personnal interest in the case and there is a agree of pathos in the handing over of the knowledge and conviction to follow the truth that is Harry Bosch. He seems lonelier than ever with little contact with his daughter and no love interest in this book.. but it is clear it is not the last.

Yurbuds Female Athletic Sports Armband Pouch Case Cover for iPhone 5/5S - Aqua Blue/White

3.0 out of 5 stars nice colour flexible to wear, 21 Jun 2014
chose after reading a review. all comment true, flexible and soft, great colour, space for a key, fine on smaller arms...but I have iphone 4s and the mic hole is in a different place so sadly no use until I upgrade my phone!

Hue and Cry: A Hew Cullen Mystery: Book 1
Hue and Cry: A Hew Cullen Mystery: Book 1

4.0 out of 5 stars easy reading historical whodunit, 21 Jun 2014
Set in St Andrews in 15th century. Hew Cullen has returned from studying law in France but does not want to continue.he stumbles on the sudden death of a child and when one of his friends is accused becomes involved in investigating the mystery. Engaging characters, and good feel for the time period, I will certainly read another in the series.

Leon: Fast Vegetarian
Leon: Fast Vegetarian
by Henry Dimbleby

4.0 out of 5 stars good vegetarian recipes, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Leon: Fast Vegetarian (Hardcover)
I enjoyed Jane Baxters recipes in the Riverford cookbooks and here she has teamed up with the Leon team for a fast vegetarian cookbook.I have tried several recipes the vegetable jambalaya was particularly good.

A Day at the Office
A Day at the Office

4.0 out of 5 stars recommended easy read, 24 May 2014
Interesting concept of a novel set on one day in an office-Valentine's day. I read the book over 2 days, the characters were beleivable and engaging, the story lines amusing and the writing witty and I laughed several times. I was afraid the ending would be trite but it wasn't. I would recommend as good holiday read.

West Sussex Year Round Walks
West Sussex Year Round Walks
by David Weller

4.0 out of 5 stars good range of circular routes, 24 Aug 2013
I have tried four of these walks which are between 4-7 miles and circular. The directions include relevant OS maps,suggestions for refreshments andcparking. the descriptions of the walks are accurate and I have enjoyed all four that i have done so far. I look forward to trying the rest.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic feel-good story, 6 May 2013
improbable but hilarious, I really enjoyed this first novel by Jonas Jonasson. Made me laugh out loud. well worth reading.

Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale
Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale
Price: £63.27 - £288.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic scale, 14 Feb 2013
Bought to go with my fit bit I found it very easy to set up and works well with three users, only problem as two are very close in weight you have to be quick to select your initials or it gets logged to someone else! A real seasaw diet. Good design and working well after one month use.

Invision® New iPad 4 (with Retina Display) & iPad 3 Case Cover in Black- Front & Back Protection Smart Cover With Magnetic Auto Wake & Sleep Function - Full Grade Leather (PU) with Smooth Satin Inner Cloth - Premium Quality with Superior Design Features - Independently Recommended by "Which?" Magazine. (Black iPad 3 & 4 Case)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars rita cotter - great service yet again, 24 April 2012
I bought this for my new iPad 3 as the magnets do not match up with my previous invision ipad 2 case. As before I have had very prompt service, arrived in 48 hrs and the product is robust and works. My old invision case is still in good condition and now handed on. Good product and great service

Comfort & Spice (New Voices in Food)
Comfort & Spice (New Voices in Food)
by Niamh Shields

5.0 out of 5 stars Great food for crowds, 28 Aug 2011
I have just received Niamh's first book having followed her blog for some time. I am not disappointed. Just made the lentil soup with harissa croutons, really flavourful and spicy.
Can't wait to try the large roasts which are followed by fantastic ideas for left overs. I love the idea of an overnight shoulder of lamb spiced with chilli,ginger cinnamon and garlic. Leftover suggestions are lamb and aubergine stew or lamb samosas.

This new series from Quadrille "New Voices in Food" shows what variety there is among younger food writers, and the paper and typeface are appealing. I look forward to more from the series.

Page: 1 | 2