Profile for Galliworm > Reviews

Minx Air 200 Wireless Music System with Airplay, Bluetooth & Internet Radio
Offered by Cambridge Audio
Price: 349.95

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Just WOW!, 19 Dec 2013
I've been wanting to buy a decent music system for a while now, so after hours of internet research I went for this one. Set up in my living room was easy - I had it linked to my home network and iPad via AirPlay in about 10 minutes and the internet radio setup using the Minx app was a doddle.
The incredible sound quality is the reason for the premium price, effortlessly filling the room with 200 watts of crystal-clear acoustics. It brings out the best in all music genres - I particularly enjoy bass-pumping dance music and the Minx has the house shaking!
If you want to invest in a quality music system then this is the one. I'm already considering getting the 100 watt version for my dining room!

Evil Dead [Blu-ray] [2013]
Evil Dead [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Jane Levy
Price: 11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good But Not Great..., 17 Dec 2013
I made the mistake of believing the hype surrounding this movie and was left a bit underwhelmed by it all.
Positives - it doesn't try to be a remake of the original, but a stand alone movie in its own right. It doesn't rely on CGI effects, preferring good old fashioned prosthetics (the electric carving knife scene is a corker!). The cast are effective (if a little un memorable) and the sets are terrific.
Negatives - no central character you want to root for. Not very scary for a movie that is supposed to be "The most terrifying film you will ever experience". An abrupt ending that made me ask "Is that it?"
All in all, well made but not the terror-fest I hoped it would be.

Kolchak the Night Stalker: Compendium
Kolchak the Night Stalker: Compendium
by Skinner
Price: 14.09

5.0 out of 5 stars The guy that inspired the X Files!, 3 Dec 2013
As a child, I remember being scared to death by The Night Stalker movie and The Night Strangler follow up - 2 of the greatest TV horror movies ever made. The TV series never reached those heights of terror, but was terrific fun and you couldn't help but fall for the charms of Carl Kolchak. I was excited when I spied this book, but didn't know what to expect. I wasn't disappointed - it's a collection of 43 short stories starring the man himself, very much in the spirit of the show. They are ideal for a creepy bedtime read as most are around 10 pages long. Sleep tight!

Madonna NYC 83
Madonna NYC 83
by Richard Corman
Price: 23.12

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gorgeous must-have for the fan, 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: Madonna NYC 83 (Hardcover)
I've been a lifelong Madonna fan and have bought my share of photo books on the great lady, but I have to say, this is one of the very best. Corman has captured the beauty and playful cockiness of the early Madonna - it's as if she knew she was about to become the most famous woman on the planet! This has pride of place on my coffee table - well recommended.

Dressed to Kill [Blu-ray]
Dressed to Kill [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Michael Caine
Price: 12.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic De Palma Never Looked Better!, 12 Aug 2013
I've been a fan of this movie for over 20 years, seeing it at least 5 times on both terrestrial and Sky TV, but I can honestly say, this is the first time I've seen it as De Palma truly intended it to be seen! The quality of the transfer is excellent with a crystal clear widescreen picture and remixed 5.1 sound. But it's the extra stuff that's the real treat! The unrated footage took me by surprise - the shower scene is more explicit, as is the elevator murder - and seeing the terrific widescreen print, gave several key scenes an extra dimension (check out the reaction of an eavesdropper listening to Liz and Peter talk about sex changes!). The extras are thorough and interesting lacking only an interview with Caine. All in all a treat for fans of the movie.

Gear4 Xorb Universal Wireless 2.1 Stereo Speaker for iPod, iPhone, iPad, MP3 and Smartphone Devices - Black
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 36.58

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Bit of Kit..., 9 Jun 2013
I was after a cheap portable speaker that could be used indoors and especially outdoors for the summer. Although it isn't chargeable, we've got a socket in the garden so that didn't pose a problem. It was so easy to set up - I connected via bluetooth to my iPad in about 20 seconds - and the quality of sound doesn't disappoint. The biggest surprise was the power in the base - this small unit packs a powerful punch!

Ed Hardy Born Wild MEN's 5 Piece Gift Set: 100ml & 7.5ml EDT + 90ml Hair & Body Wash + 78g Deodorant Stick + Key Chain
Offered by Scent Sation Fragrances
Price: 39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value - love it!, 29 May 2013
I love this fragrance and was amazed at the price of this great value set. The body wash is an indulgent treat, the deodorant complements the EDT perfectly and the mini EDT is perfect for travelling. The scent is distinctive - young, fresh and fruity but definitely not overpowering - I am hooked!

Netgear WN3000RP Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
Netgear WN3000RP Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
Price: 38.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Eventually Got it to Work..., 6 Mar 2013
Although our house isn't massive, we found our wireless broadband only gave a good signal strength in half the house. We use a desktop, laptop, iPad and Sky Anytime so were desperate for a solution and this product seemed to fit the bill. When it arrived and I set it up (we have an older Sky router so had to manually set up) it looked like we had full strength signal on the iPad and laptop but kept getting the error "no Internet". I searched for solutions on the net and found that this wasn't an uncommon error, but unfortunately the work around presented didn't work due to the length of my router password. I was so frustrated I wanted to hurl it out the window. So, I decided to update my Sky router (it was 5 years old after all) and then was able to set the wifi extender up perfectly. I now have amazing signal strength around the router and using the extender, the desktop that is furthest away has incredible signal strength too. So, in conclusion, great product when I eventually got to work!

Cabin in the Woods [Blu-ray]
Cabin in the Woods [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Drew Goddard
Price: 7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever and Original Horror Show, 7 Feb 2013
5 friends plan a wild weekend at a remote log cabin. On the way there, they stop for gas and encounter a sinister local who warns them that trouble lies ahead. When they arrive, they find a creepy basement filled with ancient objects and read the pages from a diary that raises the dead. This may sound like the most unoriginal horror movie ever, but trust me, there are some incredible twists and turns that had me gasping out loud. The final half hour in particular is great fun with some amazing CGI work and gallons of the crimson stuff! Watching it reminded me of when I first saw the original Final Destination - it's full of originality and raises the bar in horror movie production. A great roller coaster ride of a movie made for the discerning fan!

Jaws: Memories from Marthas Vineyard
Jaws: Memories from Marthas Vineyard
by Matt Taylor
Price: 23.79

5.0 out of 5 stars One word - WOW!, 1 Feb 2013
So much has already been published about this blockbuster movie - but nothing compares to this gorgeous, insightful book. Whether you're a fan of the movie or just interested in movie making, you'll love this and proudly display it on your coffee table! The cultural significance of this movie - the first summer blockbuster - comes to life through the candid photos of the troubled shoot and the extensive text documenting the elements that came together to create movie magic. BUY!

Page: 1 | 2