Profile for Galliworm > Reviews

Madonna
Madonna
by Caroline Sullivan

4.0 out of 5 stars Still Waiting for an Amazing Madonna Book, 12 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Madonna (Hardcover)
Like most other Madonna books out there, this suffers from being unofficial, meaning lots of live pictures and paparazzi snaps. At least the early pics here are quite interesting, with a few I've never seen before. Whilst there's no major revelations for the fan, Sullivan writes an interesting commentary on each of the 12 studio albums and reflects on the events in the Queen of Pop's life around the time of the album.

Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Tracker & Sleep Wristband
Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Tracker & Sleep Wristband
Price: £70.27 - £159.76

5.0 out of 5 stars The Finest Fitness Gadget, 24 Nov. 2014
I'd been looking for a replacement for the Fitbit One I lost on holiday last summer - a fitness tracker that would firmly attach to my wrist and track steps, stairs, KMs sleep and calories. I'm so glad I waited for this amazing gadget - it does all that and syncs with the impressive Fitbit app to track your progress. I find it works by motivating me to be more active eg. If I see my step count is low then I'll go for a walk to top it up. One key point I've seen debated is whether the Charge is waterproof - the Fitbit website clearly states it's only water resistant and should be taken off for swimming or a shower - I'll be sticking to that advice so as not to invalidate the warranty.

Minx Air 200 Wireless Music System with Airplay, Bluetooth & Internet Radio
Minx Air 200 Wireless Music System with Airplay, Bluetooth & Internet Radio
Offered by Cambridge Audio

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Just WOW!, 19 Dec. 2013
I've been wanting to buy a decent music system for a while now, so after hours of internet research I went for this one. Set up in my living room was easy - I had it linked to my home network and iPad via AirPlay in about 10 minutes and the internet radio setup using the Minx app was a doddle.
The incredible sound quality is the reason for the premium price, effortlessly filling the room with 200 watts of crystal-clear acoustics. It brings out the best in all music genres - I particularly enjoy bass-pumping dance music and the Minx has the house shaking!
If you want to invest in a quality music system then this is the one. I'm already considering getting the 100 watt version for my dining room!

Evil Dead [Blu-ray] [2013]
Evil Dead [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Jane Levy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good But Not Great..., 17 Dec. 2013
I made the mistake of believing the hype surrounding this movie and was left a bit underwhelmed by it all.
Positives - it doesn't try to be a remake of the original, but a stand alone movie in its own right. It doesn't rely on CGI effects, preferring good old fashioned prosthetics (the electric carving knife scene is a corker!). The cast are effective (if a little un memorable) and the sets are terrific.
Negatives - no central character you want to root for. Not very scary for a movie that is supposed to be "The most terrifying film you will ever experience". An abrupt ending that made me ask "Is that it?"
All in all, well made but not the terror-fest I hoped it would be.

Kolchak the Night Stalker: Compendium
Kolchak the Night Stalker: Compendium
by Skinner

5.0 out of 5 stars The guy that inspired the X Files!, 3 Dec. 2013
As a child, I remember being scared to death by The Night Stalker movie and The Night Strangler follow up - 2 of the greatest TV horror movies ever made. The TV series never reached those heights of terror, but was terrific fun and you couldn't help but fall for the charms of Carl Kolchak. I was excited when I spied this book, but didn't know what to expect. I wasn't disappointed - it's a collection of 43 short stories starring the man himself, very much in the spirit of the show. They are ideal for a creepy bedtime read as most are around 10 pages long. Sleep tight!

Madonna NYC 83
Madonna NYC 83
by Richard Corman

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gorgeous must-have for the fan, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Madonna NYC 83 (Hardcover)
I've been a lifelong Madonna fan and have bought my share of photo books on the great lady, but I have to say, this is one of the very best. Corman has captured the beauty and playful cockiness of the early Madonna - it's as if she knew she was about to become the most famous woman on the planet! This has pride of place on my coffee table - well recommended.

Dressed to Kill [Blu-ray]
Dressed to Kill [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Michael Caine

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic De Palma Never Looked Better!, 12 Aug. 2013
I've been a fan of this movie for over 20 years, seeing it at least 5 times on both terrestrial and Sky TV, but I can honestly say, this is the first time I've seen it as De Palma truly intended it to be seen! The quality of the transfer is excellent with a crystal clear widescreen picture and remixed 5.1 sound. But it's the extra stuff that's the real treat! The unrated footage took me by surprise - the shower scene is more explicit, as is the elevator murder - and seeing the terrific widescreen print, gave several key scenes an extra dimension (check out the reaction of an eavesdropper listening to Liz and Peter talk about sex changes!). The extras are thorough and interesting lacking only an interview with Caine. All in all a treat for fans of the movie.

Gear4 Xorb Universal Wireless 2.1 Stereo Speaker Compatible with Smartphones, Tablets and MP3 Devices Including iPhone 4/4S/5/5S/5C/6/6 Plus, iPad 2/3/4, iPad Air 1/2, iPad Mini 1/2/3, iPod Nano 7th Generation, iPod Touch 5th Generation, Samsung Galaxy S2/S3/S4/S5, Galaxy A3/A5, Galaxy Alpha, Galaxy Note 2/3/4, Galaxy Tab 2/3/4, Amazon Fire Phone, Xperia Z1/Z2/Z3, HTC One/One M8/One M9 and Google Nexus 4/5/6/7/9/10 - Black
Offered by TotallyGadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Bit of Kit..., 9 Jun. 2013
I was after a cheap portable speaker that could be used indoors and especially outdoors for the summer. Although it isn't chargeable, we've got a socket in the garden so that didn't pose a problem. It was so easy to set up - I connected via bluetooth to my iPad in about 20 seconds - and the quality of sound doesn't disappoint. The biggest surprise was the power in the base - this small unit packs a powerful punch!

Ed Hardy Born Wild MEN's 5 Piece Gift Set: 100ml & 7.5ml EDT + 90ml Hair & Body Wash + 78g Deodorant Stick + Key Chain
Offered by perfume_outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value - love it!, 29 May 2013
I love this fragrance and was amazed at the price of this great value set. The body wash is an indulgent treat, the deodorant complements the EDT perfectly and the mini EDT is perfect for travelling. The scent is distinctive - young, fresh and fruity but definitely not overpowering - I am hooked!

NETGEAR WN3000RP-100UKS Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
NETGEAR WN3000RP-100UKS Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender
Offered by SundayElectronics (Orders Dispatch within 24 Hours Usually)

4.0 out of 5 stars Eventually Got it to Work..., 6 Mar. 2013
Although our house isn't massive, we found our wireless broadband only gave a good signal strength in half the house. We use a desktop, laptop, iPad and Sky Anytime so were desperate for a solution and this product seemed to fit the bill. When it arrived and I set it up (we have an older Sky router so had to manually set up) it looked like we had full strength signal on the iPad and laptop but kept getting the error "no Internet". I searched for solutions on the net and found that this wasn't an uncommon error, but unfortunately the work around presented didn't work due to the length of my router password. I was so frustrated I wanted to hurl it out the window. So, I decided to update my Sky router (it was 5 years old after all) and then was able to set the wifi extender up perfectly. I now have amazing signal strength around the router and using the extender, the desktop that is furthest away has incredible signal strength too. So, in conclusion, great product when I eventually got to work!

Page: 1 | 2