Profile for C. Gibbs > Reviews

Content by C. Gibbs

C. Gibbs "Chris Gibbs" (Wiltshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Celicious Fit-In Dedicated Suction Car Mount Holder for Sony Xperia Z2 | [Can be Mounted in any Angle or Orientation] [Lifetime Warranty]
Offered by TechDecor UK

Night Songs
Night Songs
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Manilow Magic, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Night Songs (Audio CD)
Piano and Barry - what more could a girl ask for?
A million miles away from his pop his and some of the cheese that people associate Barry with (I love the cheese when dancing around at his concerts! this album is pure indulgence for me...I have listened to it over and over but i can't listen to it while doing work/chores it has to be a time to relax and loose myself in the music and sounds...

If you are a music lover and love pure magic you need to get this...if you like pop and disco you could still love this but don't expect it to be like the pop Barry the media know (ie only play Copacabana, Mandy, Can't smile without you)...as Barry says...a glass of merlot, dark room and night songs...what more could a girl ask for? Well...maybe Barry actually in my lounge singing to me I suppose!

Dinner at Mine
Dinner at Mine
by Chris Smyth

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as funny as I expected, 25 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Dinner at Mine (Paperback)
After seeing Milly Johnson recommend this book I was keen to get my hands on a copy and read it as I am a bit fan of hers...

But although the concept was good and characters 'real' - I was left feeling a little flat and was wishing it to end by the third dinner evening. I think is more a reflection on me that the book as not everything that one person finds funny will appeal to others,

Poppy Girl
Poppy Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, 29 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Poppy Girl (Kindle Edition)
Within the first three chapters I was hooked. The characters reached me and I wanted to dtiscover how the story unfold and how the characters were intertwine. The concept was intriguing and imaginative and quite different from anything else I've ready but I really enjoyed Poppy Girl.

I got wrapped up in the book and the fact that this is a debut novel by Nicola Apps coulnd't have been further from my mind, which says a great deal for this young authors work and bright future.

I would recommend Poppy Girl to anyone wanting to read something refreshing and different.

Capezio Women's Web Dance Trainer
Capezio Women's Web Dance Trainer
Price: £22.95 - £115.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes - will be buying more pairs!, 23 Jan. 2012
I've had these shoes for about a month and I was concerned after reading other reviews but they are fine.

Yes, there is occasional slip but these are dance shoes and not trainers so the are designed for different purposes and I think it's all in the dance technique.

Since having these shoes my posture and technique for Zumba has improved because the shoes 'make you' dance different because of their design and flexibility (ie they are not as clumsy as trainers). I get more out of my Zumba dancing now with these and I will look to buy more pairs in different colours and replace when warn out!

For the price I was very happy but if you are new to any zumba/dance.....you may be better in a light trainer than dance shoes.

The Weird Worlds of Willoughby Wren Wren and the Pigeons
The Weird Worlds of Willoughby Wren Wren and the Pigeons
by Gray Mellon

5.0 out of 5 stars Something quite different, a good adventure and well worth a read!, 2 Aug. 2011
I brought this book for my 10yr old daughter to read and we both loved it!

She read it on her own but I did need to be at hand to answer a few questions about the space time continuum and ley lines but it was fun and very different! I was intrigued and read it myself once she had finished.

The book is very well written with sufficient descriptions to set the scene and ignite the readers imagination. The characters came to life for both of us and we especially like the goldfish! It has got has talking about a visit to Stonehenge as well - although I hope our trip isn't as eventful!

We are both looking forward to reading the sequel and I would love to see this made into a kids tv series.

I would recommend this book for 9-12 year olds (and older as I enjoyed it too!) although I would be on hand for younger readers to help out a bit but I am sure they would love the whole adventure. It's on my list for presents for friends children.

Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course Lesson Book, Level 3
Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course Lesson Book, Level 3
by Willard A. Palmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow and can see my own progress, 31 July 2011
I brought this book as it was recommend to me by my daughters piano teacher...it's perfect! I have a little music back ground but never learnt the piano but now I've decided it's time! I tried another book but it was a bit dull and I couldn't see my progress or fell that I was really learning anything but after just a week with this book I feel like I am getting somewhere and will be able to play!

Recommend it for any adults wanting to learn.

Basher Science: The Periodic Table: Elements with Style!
Basher Science: The Periodic Table: Elements with Style!
by Adrian Dingle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book! My 10yr old has really taken to it - perfect!, 31 July 2011
I brought this as my 10yr old is off to secondary school in about 4 weeks time because I've always thought that if I had known more about the elements I may have found science easier!

She loves the book and has kept picking it up and learning about the elements...we have decided to try and learn about one element a day (just the basics!) and this book is making it so easy for us. I would recommend this to anyone heading for secondary school.

15 Minutes
15 Minutes
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, the MUST have CD of the Decade!, 4 July 2011
This review is from: 15 Minutes (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of Barry's for over 22 years and album has taken my breathe away. They promised an original and that is what we have! If you're thoughts of Barry turn to 'Copacabana' and 'Mandy', 'Can't smile without you'...please do yourself a favour and buy this album, turn the lights low, pour a drink and turn the music up and enjoy!

Manilow music has always been piano driven as this is his main instrument and although the piano features and is just beautiful on 'Bring On Tomorrow' but the guitar is perfect for the theme of some of the other tracks and 'Slept Through The End Of The World' is something very special and has grabbed my attention but there are some great up-tempo tracks to get you moving too!

I could talk about this album for hours but it would be my interpretation of it and I think that 15 Minutes will mean something different to everyone that listens to it...so please take a chance and click to buy and enjoy this very special album.

Zumba Fitness Wii - Bundle Pack with Belt accessory
Zumba Fitness Wii - Bundle Pack with Belt accessory
Offered by Tracymuk

4.0 out of 5 stars Great supplement for Zumba classes - will use a lot, 25 May 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I started Zumba classes 3 weeks ago and loved it so when I saw this game I had to give it a go!
There will be times when I can't get to the class and I also would like to do it more than once a week...

I think if I hadn't been to Zumba and actually seen a real life teacher I would have been bit put out/ frustrated with the game as the on screen image isn't really clear enough to follow exact steps. Some of the the songs and routines were very similar to the ones I've learnt so that was great!

Loved the game and would recommend it as a back to to Zumba classes but like any 'fitness game' you really can't beat the real thing but great second place!

I'll be using this game a lot!

Hope that helps :)