Profile for ymb > Reviews

Content by ymb

ymb "ymb" (Worcestershire, UK)

Sideways
Sideways

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend that you get yourself a copy., 20 May 2015
This review is from: Sideways (Audio CD)
A lovely mix of great musicianship, humour and beautiful harmonies. These girls are going from strength to strength and deserve to get noticed. Catch them on tour, I'm looking forward to seeing them in the Ham marquee at the Sidmouth folk festival in August. Buy a copy of Sideways you won't regret it.

Plain Truth
Plain Truth

3.0 out of 5 stars Good twist, 13 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Plain Truth (Kindle Edition)
It was interesting to find out more about the Amish way of life and to see the conflicts with 'normal' society and beliefs. I thought her father had done it, so the twist was well hidden!

The Silent Tide
The Silent Tide

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable with some good twists, 29 July 2014
This review is from: The Silent Tide (Kindle Edition)
This is the second Rachel Gore book that I've read and I don't think it will be the last. A very interesting story, likeable characters and where they're not likeable, certainly believable. Females reading it will be thankful for women like Isabel who pushed at the boundaries. We still have a long way to go in some circles to be truly equal and accepted as equals but reading this illustrates how far we've already come. A nice read and it's good to see the story from two main angles.

A Fine Balance
A Fine Balance

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking!, 7 May 2014
This review is from: A Fine Balance (Kindle Edition)
The book cleverly weaves together many different lives and tells each story thoroughly even bringing it back full circle towards the end. Much of it is horrific which makes me question how I could have enjoyed reading it so much. I would recommend reading it, you will learn something and hopefully be a bit kinder afterwards, not that being kind will necessarily end w
ell!

Death Comes to Pemberley: Enhanced Edition
Death Comes to Pemberley: Enhanced Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Death comes to Pemberley, 29 Oct. 2013
I loved the BBC dramatisation with Colin Firth as Darcy and was intrigued to find out 'what happened next'. This is the first P D James book that I have read. I enjoyed the book, for me it was like revisiting old friends and whilst reading, the cast from the BBC drama floated before my eyes. I didn't guess whodunnit and I particularly enjoyed Wickham' s predicament, about time he had his comeuppance! This book is not a classic but if you enjoyed Pride and Prejudice, well worth reading.

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
This was my choice for our village book club book of the month for April. It has not disappointed! I read it within 2 days and missed it terribly when I had finished reading it. I would recommend it to anyone and depending on how robust you are, you might need a tissue or two! Go get it, it's FAB!

Amelie [DVD] [2001]
Amelie [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Audrey Tautou
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth seeing, 23 Aug. 2007
This review is from: Amelie [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
Don't be put off because it is in French and you have to rely on the subtiltles (if your French isn't up to it!) it is a great film and well worth seeing. Some VERY funny moments and touching ones too, see it now.