Profile for Bridget M Hodgkinson > Reviews

Content by Bridget M Hodg...

Bridget M Hodgkinson

Searching For Sugar Man [DVD]
Searching For Sugar Man [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rodriguez

5.0 out of 5 stars Sugar MAn, 17 Mar. 2014
Why on earth we dont hear more of Rodriquez music on our radio stations - god only knows, its a great story and the music is just wonderful

Simon Mayo's Drivetime
Simon Mayo's Drivetime
Offered by mrtopseller

3.0 out of 5 stars Simon Mayo, 17 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Simon Mayo's Drivetime (Audio CD)
To be honest Im bit disappointed - I was expecting it to be so much better so I can leave my ipod out of car

Live At the Brixton Academy: A riotous life in the music business
Live At the Brixton Academy: A riotous life in the music business

5.0 out of 5 stars Brixton, 17 Mar. 2014
This is a fabulous autobiographical account of a brave young man's desire to re-build a wonderful venue, and in doing so not only did he create a just that - but he also entered a community and understood what he could achieve as a bridge builder - it was a great read and I highly recommend reading it before the film comes out !

The Rings Of Saturn
The Rings Of Saturn
by Winfried Georg Sebald

5.0 out of 5 stars rings of Saturn, 24 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Rings Of Saturn (Paperback)
Masterpiece - fascinating read - just loved all the diversity - all over the place but still cohesive somehow - puzzling success

Nick Sanders. The Autobiography: The Extraordinary Life of an Ordinary Man. Volume 1 . 1957-1990

2.0 out of 5 stars Started well - disappointing frmo mid-way, 24 Feb. 2014
I am a friend of a friend of Nick Sanders and so it was recommended that I should read the autobiography.
It started well and I enjoyed getting to meet Nick in his words.
It lost its way somewhere in the middle where I felt Nick never grew as a writer -
by 3/4 way through I was wondering if I had the energy to finish it - sadly Im giving this a thumbs down - still more to write nno doubt - but I think its hard to be a biking superstar & a writer?

The Goldfinch
The Goldfinch

5.0 out of 5 stars The Goldfinch, 24 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Goldfinch (Kindle Edition)
A really really good absorbing read - written from the heart - I loved it and no wonder it's been so successful - thanks Donna Tartt !