Profile for John > Reviews

Content by John

John

GreatShield Apple MFI Licensed Sync and Charge 8 Pin USB 2.0 Lightning Cable - Black
Offered by theWireless USA

4.0 out of 5 stars ...at the end of the day, it's a cable..., 3 Feb 2014
Until it's got a year or two's use under it's belt I don't know how it would differentiate itself from the competition.

Pros:
Ideal for the car - difficult to see through the window and so drawing less attention than standard apple white ones. Draws less attention from the driver & passengers inside the car too whereas the loose white cable could look messy and eventually dirty.

Cons:
Slow delivery. 1-4 weeks quoted timescale for delivery which is too slow in my opinion (it took just over 2), however free shipping saved it on this occasion. Now the price has gone up by 50% I would not be happy with waiting up to 4 weeks for delivery.

2 x LARGE 1KG DRY AIR CAR/HOME DEHUMIDIFIER BAG MOISTURE ABSORBER/DAMP EATER
2 x LARGE 1KG DRY AIR CAR/HOME DEHUMIDIFIER BAG MOISTURE ABSORBER/DAMP EATER
Offered by Seal Diving Products

3.0 out of 5 stars No good for drying out a damp interior, but will maintain it once dry, 3 Feb 2014
Bought these after getting fed up of waiting for ice to melt on the inside of my windscreen before I could go anywhere in winter.

After a couple of days use, the moisture level had dropped a little but still quite bad. I ended up putting the electric dehumidifier from the house in the rear foot-well for a few hours one evening. That dried out the interior a treat, I now use these packs to maintain that level of dryness. I wouldn't recommend them as a total solution to a damp interior.

Supper Mini Bluetooth Car Code Reader Compatible with Android / Droid / Torque Support OBD2 OBD II ELM327 Power 2 - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Not iOS compatible, 3 Feb 2014
Perhaps it is obvious to some people, but this item is NOT compatible with iOS devices.

I very carefully considered this purchase before I made it, sure it says that it IS compatible with android, and there are loads of great reviews for it, but (at the time of writing) nowhere in this item's description or reviews does it explicitly state it is NOT compatible with iOS.

I needed an ODB2 scanner in a hurry and this appeared to fit the bill. The item was delivered the next day as arranged and came well packaged. The item received did match the one pictured - (I've read reviews of other ODB2's that don't!) - and when plugged into my car, an array of LEDs lit up. But no joy finding it by Bluetooth on my iPhone 5s.

I do not wish to drag this item's rating through the mud, I am sure paired with an android phone/tablet it works a treat, however the seller desperately needs to update their advert and I feel it is my duty to leave a review for any other potential iOS buyers and let them know this is no good for you.

Item is currently winging its way back to Amazon for a refund.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2014 8:29 PM BST

efonebits - Compact Dual USB Car Charger - 3.1A Cigarette Lighter Adapter - Two USB Port Design. Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Item as described, delivery so fast it'll make your head spin!, 15 Jan 2014
Great value, item does as it says on the tin. Nothing more, nothing less.

Small and subtle design, protrudes out of 12v socket barely a few millimetres in all directions.

Item was delivered within 24 hours of placing the order. I had to double-check the order date as I thought I might have overslept and skipped a day or two.

Fantastic.

[Diamond-Cutting] **Metal-Finish** Spigen Case Saturn Series Case for iPhone 5S / 5 - Premium Polycarbonate and Aluminum Case with Anodized Metallic Coating
Offered by Spigen UK Store
Price: £13.99 - £20.99

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality & stylish, 14 Jan 2014
Impressed with this product. Delivered in a very sturdy plastic box which to me shows the manufacturer is not one to skimp on quality. The case is living up to those first impressions and still looks A1 after a few weeks of relatively heavy use. Other cases I've had have started to show signs of wear or no longer grip the phone as tightly by now.

I think if I wanted to I could still repackage this item and sell it on as used... But I wouldn't as it's great!

Looks the dog's danglies too, maintaining the iPhone 5s style, but with a nice flare of colour. I chose the red one and it actually does look RED. Other coloured metal items claiming to be red often actually look pink. No such problem here.

Feels nice in the hand, doesn't bulk out the phone as previous my iPhone cases do, my 5s still feels noticeably thinner & lighter than the 4s it replaced.

Update: A fortnight later and I have had to remove a star :-( A couple of quite deep scratches (gouges) have appeared on the back of my case. Great that my phone has avoided this damage, but I do not feel I have abused the case, certainly not dropped it or knowingly done anything to cause this damage. A bit of a shame.

TUFFskinz iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone 5 Premium Quality Screen Protectors : Anti Glare Matte edition Anti finger print (2 in Pack - Front)
Offered by TUFFskinz

5.0 out of 5 stars Does anyone want my second screen protector? I'll not be needing it!, 14 Jan 2014
Extremely happy with these screen protectors.

I was sceptical about how screen protectors can differ... but now I know they do!

Fitted this screen protector in a matter of seconds, included cloth & card were handy, alignment stickers were a bit of a gimmick if I am honest - or perhaps I didn't use them right. I found it easier to leave them in the packet and do it by eye, using the front camera & ear-piece speaker as a guide to get started.

Protector went straight on with only one small air bubble. The included card made very easy work of removing the bubble. Left with a professional looking job, and after a fortnight of heavy use, still looks immaculate. I doubt I will ever need the second one!

Very good with finger prints too, unlike the other matte-finish protectors I've had on my 4s previously.

ORDEL® iPhone 5S & 5C iOS7 Compatible 8 Pin To 30 Pin Connector / Adapter - Charging & Sync - AUDIO SUPPORT / COMPATIBLE (White)
Offered by Ordel

3.0 out of 5 stars Smugness: Fail, 14 Jan 2014
I bought this product very smugly thinking I had avoided the common pitfall of the other 30pin-Lightining adapters which did not support audio.

Unfortunately I have to agree with Mrs Allfrey's conclusion that this product does not side-step this issue with my alarm clock/docking station. The iPhone 5s charges like a dream and the colour/size of this adapter (black in my case) do compliment the phone & docking station.

Perhaps it works with other systems, but not mine :-( Until another alternative becomes available, I shall continue to use this adapter for charging, but I shall I have to wake to a boring beeping noise rather than my music!