Profile for RJAC > Reviews

RJAC "Rich"

Ostland
Ostland

5.0 out of 5 stars Very thought-provoking, 16 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Ostland (Kindle Edition)
Very well planned and written, and a convincing account of how so many ordinary Germans became involved in executing Hitler's Final Solution.

Perhaps the most thought-provoking book I will read this year.

The Psychotic Left
The Psychotic Left

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good., 5 Feb. 2014
I have to admit that if I had researched the author before buying this book I wouldn't have bought it. His wikipedia entry detailing associations with borderline satanist and white supremacist groups would have entirely put me off.

I'm glad I didn't though as the book was a well researched and mainly balanced look at a range of important left wing revolutionary figures. The mainly balanced rather than balanced is because the introduction and the odd comment in the main text made clear this was written from a very right wing perspective. I took a star off this review for that.

I thought this book was well worth reading and would recommend it as as an informative and interesting view on some very interesting historical figures, albeit written by someone who in my view appears from his wikipedia entry to be coming from another corner of the same deranged and hateful place as the subjects of this book.

The author is clearly intelligent and his research balanced and thorough. I am considering buying more books from the same author.

The Spook's Revenge: Book 13 (The Wardstone Chronicles)
The Spook's Revenge: Book 13 (The Wardstone Chronicles)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Spooks is awesome!, 6 Jan. 2014
I give this book 5 stars because it has really awesome narrative. My favourite bit is the battle to get to the wardstone.

(Review by Thomas C)

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 3)
Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mockingjay is AMAZING, 3 Jan. 2014
I think Hunger Games was an excellent trilogy
It really was summed up well by this one!!!!!!!!

A great way to finish the series

(Review by Imogen C)