Profile for S Gardiner > Reviews

Content by S Gardiner

S Gardiner (Bournemouth)

YOU DON'T REALLY BELIEVE IN ASTROLOGY, DO YOU?: How astrology reveals profound patterns in your life
Price: 2.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Paving the way for a new understanding of astrology, 12 Jun 2014
This is a well written, fascinating summary on astrology, how it has shaped our modern day lives and how it can continue to be used as a tool helping to make the most of what we have in everyday life.

Pam describes astrology as a language rather than a subject and will, through this treasure of a book, convince even the most sceptical of the validity of this wide ranging phenomenon.

A worthwhile read for anyone wanting to understand the subject from scratch, or seeking to gain deeper knowledge.

The Alpha Wolf: A tale about the modern male
The Alpha Wolf: A tale about the modern male
by Nick Clements
Price: 9.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Different, touching, sensitive and timely, 18 April 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book. It seemed to me the content is hidden by the title somewhat. It's a touching, insightful and enlightened tale about a young professional man, and his struggle to "grow up" like so many men in western society, who have no idea how to be. I think women will enjoy the book as much as men, but that the benefits for men wishing to develop into more than older adolescents are clear. There is even a whole chapter on personal development and self mastery which will help anyone who dares to do the exercises!

LOUISE GALVIN SACRED BODY HAND & BODY WASH 735ml
LOUISE GALVIN SACRED BODY HAND & BODY WASH 735ml
Offered by LOUISE GALVIN SACRED LOCKS & NATURAL LOCKS
Price: 24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Divine, 17 Mar 2013
I discovered this soap by mistake on the shelves of an outlet store, and bought the only one.

After having tried it over a period of a year, I can confirm that It smells divine and really does leave your skin feeling good after use.

Many house guests come back from the bathroom smelling their hands and smiling with nods of approval. It really is that good.

Brand You: Turn Your Unique Talents into a Winning Formula
Brand You: Turn Your Unique Talents into a Winning Formula
by John Purkiss

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential read whether you're already in business or starting out., 14 Jun 2010
I first came across John Purkiss at a branding convention for entrepreneurs. John delivered an insightful and grounded introduction to branding yourself.

As a self employed coach and entrepreneur, Brand You has now provided me with new tools with which to move onto the next stage of my career. My belief is that by adopting the common sense approach to branding offered in this book, I will save a huge amount of time and energy launching my new business. Instead of banging my head against a brick wall, I can simply walk through an open door of self awareness, which will, in turn, allow me to convey what it is that I do, more clearly and concisely, to potential customers. Clients can then more easily decide whether my work is for them. Very efficient really! The approach recommended and taught in this book is powerful tool when used effectively.
I will be investing in more copies for friends and clients.

In a word, this book is OUTSTANDING.

Jabra C820s Corded Headphones
Jabra C820s Corded Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars A big difference on transatlantic flights, 14 Dec 2009
As a bit of an audiophile, I bought a pair of these with mediocre expectations, having seen people on flights using the Bose system, which retails around 300.
There are many reviews on these and other models on the web, but I've done the ground work, so now you won't have to.

These headphones are superb. having just come back from New York wearing them on the way over too, they make such a difference to the exhausting lower frequencies, therefore putting you back on the ground in a less tired state. You know how nice it is switching off the cooking fan in the kitchen, it's just a pleasure, I wouldn't travel without these now.

One thing which is important to note, they don't stop all background noise but they DO stop a larger degree of it than most of the other N/C phones available, and as such can only be classed as a bargain, competing with Sennheiser and Bose, and coming close with some advantages.

The kit comes with a couple of different length cables, a larger stereo plug adaptor so you can use them with your HiFi. Additionally, you plug the main cable into the left headphone as well as the audio source at the other end. This is great as you're bound to get tangled up on a flight, or get up not remembering you have them plugged in. So instead of ripping the headphones from your head, and damaging the connector, this simply pops out. Genius. They come with a nice quality lightweight hardcase too with a pouch for a spare battery and the cables etc.

In "off" mode, they are good for listening to your i-pod, say in a hotel room, the sound is crisp, balanced and smooth, with tidy clean bass. You don't need to switch them on for this.
In "on mode" a lot of the background noise gets canceled, so this is ideal say in a noisy lobby, on public transport, and the music goes through some kind of amplification process, which means in a quiet environment, you can save your batteries as you don't need this boost. This cancelling takes a couple of seconds, and is quite good fun to experience. You get the best effect say when taking them off to speak to a flight attendant, by which time your ears are accustomed to the peace and you realise how hard they've been working for the pittance you paid.

The ear and skull pads are made of soft memory foam, and even a sensitive soul like myself has no problem with comfort.
I even bought another pair for my travel partner, and my neighbours bought 2 pairs as well after trying mine.

So. . . . GET SOME THEY ROCK !