Profile for Sammi > Reviews

Golden
Golden
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Golden (Audio CD)
Since Need You Now, came out I have fallen in love with Lady A's music. I own all their albums and I personally think their albums get better and better. I really love this album, it has a real mix of fun tunes, to cute love songs and the heartbreak songs. Amazing band! Go buy it!

Need You Now
Need You Now
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Album, 2 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Need You Now (Audio CD)
I love all the songs on this album, like all albums there are ones that you like more and ones you can happily skip. I enjoyed this album so much I have purchased their first album and pre-ordered their third.

My personal favourite on this album is 'When you got a good thing' and of course 'Need you now' I like these songs so much, when I get married I want these songs on my wedding playlist!

They are a fab country band and honestly we need more of this kind of music around, instead of all the tosh you have in the UK top 40 charts.

I would definitely recommend, I cannot wait to hear their latest material!

Something from Tiffany's
Something from Tiffany's
by Melissa Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars There is some Tiffany's Magic in the air!, 23 Sept. 2011
This book was absolutely beautiful, so magical. I was already drawn to the book simply by it's title. When I started reading I was instantly hooked. You immediately fall in love with one of the main male leads and well dislike the other male. Reading the blurb you get a vague idea of what will happen, yet this book can still surprise you. I loved it soo much. I wouldn't definitely recommend it and I will be reading this book again. This book gave me a single gal some hope, and it has made me love the idea of a Tiffany's Ring even more! Also it makes me want to go to New York during Christmas too!

I definite must read! You will fall in love with it! I love some of the quotes too. Here is my favourite one:

"Bread- like real love- took time, cultivation, strong loving hands and patience. It lived, rising and growing to fruition only under the most perfect circumstances. If the water was too warm, it killed the yeast; too cool and the yeast was not inspired to grow the bread. Without enough sugar, the yeast would starve, leaving the bread flat and lifeless; if the air was not humid enough, the yeast could not spur the bread to reach its full potential."

That quote is absolutely beautiful and it will go into my favourite quotes book!

A must read!

Misguided Angel: Number 5 in series (Blue Bloods)
Misguided Angel: Number 5 in series (Blue Bloods)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 5 Feb. 2011
Ok, so this was a little shorter than the last book, and yes it was a great read. Though if you are a huge Schuyler/Jack fan then you will be a little disappointed.

WARNING spoilers:

I wished Melissa gave Jack and Schuyler more time together, I mean a month is really nothing. Though Mr Force proposing at the end made me swoon :) Though I am annoyed that he is going back to New York!

Mimi, well Miss Force is a Regent, and I love it, I can see her as a great leader, if she is really taken seriously...sure she made mistakes during the book, and i was really touched how it affected her...at first i saw her as a bit of a cold hearted bitch, but in the Van Alen Legacy she started to grow on me and i really understand her intentions, also i like her blossoming friendship with Ollie. Though it better stay as friends cos she so belongs with Kingsley.

Also an introduction to new main girl , i guess she is replacing Bliss. Deming Chen. (i love the fact Melissa has added a chinese into this story) I see Deming as a no nonsense and ruthless venator, and i am looking forward to see how Melissa develops her character.

Also it took me by shock that Silvers can have kids with reds, though it really shouldnt have, because of Schuyler heritage, but still. Silver and red spawns eeew!

Overall a good read, and looking forward to the next book Lost in time.
too keep myself occupied, while waiting for the next book i have been reading blue blood fanfiction and some of them are awesome!

Bloody Valentine: Blue Bloods
Bloody Valentine: Blue Bloods

4.0 out of 5 stars A trio of Love stories, 5 Feb. 2011
Warning this will have spoilers

The first story is about Oliver,how he is still affected by Schuyler's bite, and i really do feel for Oliver. But when i was reading it I was like don't do it Oliver don't do it! he went to the Blood house to forget....I really want to slap him real bad. but thank god he came to his senses. Also i like the cameo of one of the characters from Melissa new book series.

Second story: was about a young Allegra Van Alen and how she met Stephen Chase, I really loved this story,learning how Schuyler's were popular when Schuyler was such a wallflower. Also i felt sorry for Charles here. I really liked the sound of Bendix Chase aka Stephen Chase.

Third Story: My favourite couple, and I loved how Melissa twisted things, how it wasn't as easy as we had hoped for Schuyler and Jack to be bonded. though the one thing I hated about that story was Schuyler's dress. Sure i like the idea of her making her own one, but blue really? I always imagined her with a vintage, classic kinda lacy dress. (Some people who write fanfiction, have given Schuyler a better looking dress!) Oh and the idea of Bliss and the lacrosse crew being at their bonding...what is with that? I always imagined it being just Jack and Schuyler. Though I must say I absolutely loved the last part of that story, where Jack and Schuyler walked into the glom and he gave her a ring, (Not a flashy ring, not like i imagined no) He gave her part of his soul, and it was so touching, it made my love for Jack Force even bigger.
So yes a good read, a little too short, it would be 5 stars if it wasn't for the dress choice and the guest at the bonding. Still a great book and I suggest you get it!

Also anymore questions I am happy to answer :)

The Van Alen Legacy: Number 4 in series (Blue Bloods)
The Van Alen Legacy: Number 4 in series (Blue Bloods)

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 25 May 2010
Great great read. I was hooked.

At first i did not really like Mimi but now I can see why she does what she does. And the story line with her and Kingsley! Almost made me cry!. and unlike twilight where i found the best friend rather annoying. Ollie is completely different. I love Ollie....but like Schuyler i love Jack more ha!.

Must must read.........i am trying to convince all my friends to read them :)

Anyone want to discuss..please comment! I really want to talk about it with someone ha!

The Immortals: Blue Moon: 2
The Immortals: Blue Moon: 2
by Alyson Noel

5.0 out of 5 stars Had me hooked, 13 April 2010
It was a great book a lot better then the first. I just could not put it down. i tried to put it down but after each chapter it was left in a cliffhanger and i had to continue so i ended up finishing it at half 2 this morning oops but a very good read i cannot wait for the next book!. Must read and i am on way out of my teens.

Wild Child [DVD]
Wild Child [DVD]
Dvd ~ Emma Roberts
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! A must have!, 8 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Wild Child [DVD] (DVD)
This is brilliant! I'm 17! and i love it! defo a must have. this is probably aimed at 14 to 16 but heeyyyyyyyyyy! It is good!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 12 April 2008
I was hooked from the very first episode!... oh you got to love Dan Humphrey! i've watch about 7 episodes and hooked!....definately buying the boxset!....the americans do make the best tv programmes.... after friends and charmed end....didnt think there would be something girly and as good as them... but its just as good and it appeals to both genders...(more of the girls i would say)... hooked as much as i am on heroes :D!

i would recommend it!