Profile for LM > Reviews

by Jennifer Adams
Edition: Board book
Price: 4.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 2 Nov 2013
Really sweet lovely book with large colourful pictures and sturdy hardback pages. My 20 month old loves these books. We have the Alice in Wonderland one as well.

To Hell in High Heels
To Hell in High Heels
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 1 Oct 2012
This review is from: To Hell in High Heels (Paperback)
This book made me laugh out loud so many times! A brilliantly researched and very funny account of getting older and trying not too look it!

Ciao Bella. In Search Of My Italian Father
Ciao Bella. In Search Of My Italian Father

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourites, 1 Oct 2012
I love this book. The author writes brilliantly of her travels around Italy and meeting her father for the first time.
Memoirs like this can often be sentimental and sugary but this one is too well written for that. This book is witty, heartfelt and makes you want to eat pasta and run off to Italy immediately!

Love in a Warm Climate: A Novel About the French Art of Love
Love in a Warm Climate: A Novel About the French Art of Love
Price: 6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 22 Jun 2011
I loved this book! I am a big fan of Helenas other non-fiction writing and i think she has really successfully converted her style to fiction.
This book is well written, funny and a really good story.
If you are looking for a good fun read to take you away from drizzly cold England to sunny France then this is great escapisim fiction.

The Viva Mayr Diet: 14 days to a flatter stomach and a younger you
The Viva Mayr Diet: 14 days to a flatter stomach and a younger you
by Harald Stossier

4.0 out of 5 stars A diet book that is also a fun read, 8 May 2009
I first heard about this book through Grazia magazine and thought the advice seemed to make sense so bought the book. I have also read Helena Frith Powell's other books and really enjoyed them.
I have been trying the diet for the last week so half way through the 14 days and I have found the advice easy enough to follow and so far happy with my progress!! As with all diets a certain amount of effort is required but the book is easy to follow and this is also the first time i have actually enjoyed reading a diet book!Recommended.

Bronx Tale [Us Import]
Bronx Tale [Us Import]
Offered by sellerfellauk
Price: 14.89

4.0 out of 5 stars music to grow up to, 18 Jun 2002
This review is from: Bronx Tale [Us Import] (Audio CD)
This CD will probably only be bought by those who have seen the film but it is filled with such good classic tunes that anyone can enjoy it.
The film is a coming of age story and so the music is over two decades. The late fifties and early sixties (for example Dean Martin and The Four Tops). This is a good CD full of good quality music that can be enjoyed whether you have seen the film or not.

Happiness TM
Happiness TM
by Will Ferguson

5.0 out of 5 stars To Be Happy Be miserable!, 18 Jun 2002
This review is from: Happiness TM (Paperback)
In 'Happiness' we see the terror of what would happen if everyone in the world did in fact find peace and inner happiness and the result is not a happy one! Our hero comes to realise that are misery is as big a part of who we are as our happiness is. As he struggles to convince the rest of the world the readers find themselves wanting to drink, smoke and basically do all things you arent supposed to do if you want to be happy!
This is a life-affirming read of a book that keeps you entertained and amused as our hero fights for the right to be miserable. The ending is satisfying and uplifting in an unexpected manner. I would recomend all self-help book enthusiasts to throw away the drivel and read this instead, as the quote of the cover says, after reading this book '..if i wasnt already a smoker, drinker and a misanthrope I'd start tomorrow'!