Profile for Beth Hodge > Reviews

Content by Beth Hodge

Beth Hodge "marmitemuncher" (UK)

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmmm not so sure..., 9 Jan. 2012
I bought this item on recommendation from various mums and when it first arrived I thought great i have no idea how but it seems to be having a positive affect on my son... then the thing fell off and disappeared into thin air...as main fault...too large for ankle (the ideal place) and too big for wrist thus the loss! very frustrating....
not sure it actually worked on reflection as he has been about same since went missing...good days and bad.

if you want to try one either get elasticated one but it isn't knotted beads, or measure child's wrist/ankle and ring them to find right size before you buy!

Children of Men [DVD] [2007]
Children of Men [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Clive Owen
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars thought provoking, 18 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Children of Men [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
This film is exactly what I love about the freedom of thought and speech.

It covers a shocking and possible reality of the world to come in many terms and looks at sensitive and very real subjects. I haven't seen a film that has touched me and made me think and want to change the world around me so much.

I would recommend this film to everyone, the acting is sensational, special effects are amazing and the story, though might be thought of as far fetched is actually, in my opinion, a careful future prediction of a society guided by segregation, greed, hatred and fear.

Stand by Your Man
Stand by Your Man
by Gil McNeil

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down!, 29 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Stand by Your Man (Paperback)
I have only recently discovered reading for relaxation and pleasure as appose to studying.

This book has reaffirmed my love for reading, and helped me escape the worries of each day.

The characters are blissful and realistic, the storyline, although it has a common backbone, is riveting and funny. I found myself relating to the characters and some aspects of the story which hops and bounces along easily.

I love the twist, although I did scowl and shout at the book at one particular moment, which I won't give away.

I really think this book would suit anyone, particularly those who enjoy witty, but sensitive books about real life situations with idyllic twists.

I read it in the car (i wasn't driving), on the bus, in the bathroom, in bed, in the kitchen, in the park, at work (probably a bit too much at work) everywhere! i really found it hard to put it down and felt at a lose when i finished it, so much so i went and found another book by the same author - the only boy for me, which I'm working through now!

Eye To The Telescope
Eye To The Telescope
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully written and sung album, 7 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Eye To The Telescope (Audio CD)
I have been listening to the whole album over the past few days and have grown to love it more and more with each listen.
The varying songs keep you intrigued in listening to the entire lot all the way through rather than skipping through each one. Each song tells a mini story with relevant metaphors rather than flancy dictionary written language.
I love her vocal tone and the range and ability she shows in different songs, i even had to come and check that it was still playing her album becasue of the difference in style and vocal tone during 'Suddenly strange','Heal over' and 'silent sea' (silent sea has a hint of bic runga). An excellent and compelling album. Just Beautiful.

Don't Talk
Don't Talk

5.0 out of 5 stars The Music goes round and round, 24 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Don't Talk (Audio CD)
However much I hear this album I still love it! It's fantastic there are no other words to describe it. If you want to chill out or have a little dance, Hoover, have a bath whatever you're doing you must listen to this album. Clare's voice slips and slides over the notes with ease and pizzazz and makes every song come alive, she creates a mood for each song and makes this album a beautiful concoction for the ears!!!