Profile for E Kelly > Reviews

Content by E Kelly

E Kelly (Shrewsbury, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Total War Rome II (PC DVD)
Total War Rome II (PC DVD)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.

2.0 out of 5 stars Still not impressed, 6 May 2014
I know there's probably not much point to writing a review for a game that has already been out for a while and had been roundly criticised but I feel I owe it to myself to atleast share my dissatisfaction.

Rome 2 is a massive disappointment, I had this feeling the day it came out and I have it now. As a Total War veteran (I played the original Shogun way back in 2000) I feel the game was not targeted to me at all, however the "streamlined" experience was not easy enough for the audience Creative Assembly wanted to attract and thus left the game in an unfocused limbo.

The most frustrating thing about the game is that there IS a good game just wanting to burst out. The campaign, although poor overall, has some very interesting mechanics and the battles are still as fun as always (especially when you can get mods to adjust the insane speed of them to a more slower realistic fashion).

Rome 2 has left a sour taste in my mouth, it felt unfinished at release and, in a way, it still does. It felt like, once Creative Assembly got all those pre-orders they cut and run. I'm pretty sceptical about future releases from them and, although Total War will ALWAYS have a place in my heart, I can't imagine me pre-ordering another one again.

Sony Style Cover Stand Case for Xperia Z2 - Black
Sony Style Cover Stand Case for Xperia Z2 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent case, 6 May 2014
When I wanted a case for my brand new Sony Xperia Z2 I figured I'd play it safe and get an officially licensed one. I think this in itself is the crux of the problem. The case, as it is, is NOT worth the money. There's no magnetic closing mechanism so the front flaps around and the material is not leather (or indeed faux leather either).
However this doesn't make it a bad case. For all intents and purposes it's a solid case for a phone, just the price is a little too high because it's an official Sony one. Regardless it does look the absolute bee's knees and it's also pretty slim so doesn't add TOO much bulk to the phone. The angled stand feature, although a gimmick, works quite well as well.

So to sum up: Good case? Yes. Worth the money? At £15, probably not.
If Amazon allowed half stars it'd probably be closer to a 3.5 than a 4, but it's still worth a look if you want an official quality case and are happy to pay a price premium for it.

XC1 Xbox 360 Headset - EU
XC1 Xbox 360 Headset - EU

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine until it broke, 3 Jan 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This headset is really good for the money... when it works. After 6 months of having it I started to suffer connection issues which caused the mic and/or speaker to stop working or for my friends to hear either an echo or, even worse, loud static.

I know this is one of the more cheaper headsets on the market but I at least expected a bit more quality from a Turtle Beach.
Put simply I can't recommend this as you'll need atleast 2 to see out a full year and for that money you can a much higher quality headset elsewhere.

Western Digital 1TB SATA 6GBps Power Saving Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Green
Western Digital 1TB SATA 6GBps Power Saving Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Green
Offered by i.norys

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked well, for a short time, 15 Feb 2012
The drive functioned well for the first month I had it however one day the PC just wouldn't boot. After putting in my "back-up" drive and booting from that I discovered the entire Hard Drive had become corrupt and unreadable. Luckily I had a back-up of everything on it so nothing valuable was lost but it was still an annoyance.
The drive was within Western Digital's 1 year warranty so I sent off for a replacement and that one has been performing well for nearly 2 months now. 3/5 stars for the trouble caused by the original breaking.

Service from Amazon was always great

Airfix A07002 Short Stirling BI/III 1:72 Scale Series 7 Plastic Model Kit
Airfix A07002 Short Stirling BI/III 1:72 Scale Series 7 Plastic Model Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great old school Airfix kit, 28 Dec 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
As with a lot of the older Airfix kits the parts at times don't fit together too well however with a bit of graft (and some sandpaper!) it all slots together nicely in the end. Great kit for someone who wants a 4-engined British bomber but doesn't want to fork out loads for the Lancaster. The service from Amazon was, as always, perfect and it arrived on time with no problems.

Sunny Savers Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 BLACK 'S' WAVE Gel / Silicone / Hybrid Case Cover Skin With BONUS Screen Protector Exclusively By InventCase®

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 16 Sep 2011
I really wanted to add more protection to my Galaxy S 2 and this does the job very well. Although subject to a long fall on concrete it won't do much but from the few times I've accidentally dropped it on the tiles and carpet at home it still great. It fits the phone really well and looks very stylish aswell.
The screen protector that came with it was very basic and a little to thick for good traction on the screen so I took it off and bought a more expensive one form a specialist manufacturer and that fit well with the case aswell. Would highly recommend this case to anybody with a Galaxy S 2

atFoliX FX-Clear screen-protection film for Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100) - Crystal-clear screen protection! Top quality

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 16 Sep 2011
I wanted a screen protector to protect my brand new Samsung Galaxy S 2 from all the dirty grubby stuff on my fingers and also to protect against slight scratches. This product was pretty tricky to stick on, I did it eventually after a lot attempts and even then it doesn't fit that well around the button on the bottom in the middle.
Otherwise though it's done its job at adding an extra layer of protection from dirt and grease.

Velcro Black Stick On Tape 60215
Velcro Black Stick On Tape 60215

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to nails!, 7 Sep 2011
Me and my husband wanted to decorate our house with paintings and framed photos but, because of the terms of our contract with the landlord, we couldn't put any nails in the walls. So we decided to buy a roll of this and put a strip in each corner of the frame. It worked perfectly and they have never fallen down. The residue left by the sticky-backed Velcro was easily scrubbed off with hot soapy water. Great service from Amazon as usual.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bass EQ pedal, 7 Sep 2011
Bought this for my son as his bass amp lacked a full EQ and he wanted to refine his tone a lot more. Everything was perfect from both Amazon and the product itself. The only bit that was a little frustrating was fitting the battery and, because of a loose battery connection, we had to resort to buying a mains power cable.

Airfix A01039 Bell P-39Q Airacobra 1:72 Scale Series 1 Plastic Model Kit
Airfix A01039 Bell P-39Q Airacobra 1:72 Scale Series 1 Plastic Model Kit
Offered by Gaugemaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, 7 Sep 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
Nice little kit. AS with most Airfix kits the fit is a bit off on some parts and it's not too detailed. But then again no serious modeller buys Old Airfix for the detail, this incidentally was bought as a Summer Holiday time occupier for my son. Durability gets 2/5 simply because they are a bit fragile when played with (which they aren't meant to be).

Page: 1 | 2