Profile for Kim > Reviews

Content by Kim

Kim

Page: 1 | 2
Top 20 Things to See and Do in Budapest - Top 20 Budapest Travel Guide (Europe Travel Series Book 45)

4.0 out of 5 stars An insight into Budapest, 10 Aug. 2015
A great insight into Budapest. This book gives you a brief information of the most important places that you have to visit in Budapest. Budapest is such a magnificent city for tourists where they can go for sightseeing, Buda castle, Opera and shopping in the great Market. I recommend this guide for anyone who is thinking of visiting Budapest.

Revolution
Revolution

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars, 12 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Revolution (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed reading this book. It is an eye opener for what is going around and how capitalism is still exploiting blue collars. Russell Brand covered most of the contemporary events from the religious fanatics IsIs to the current economic situation of the world. He talked briefly about his childhood and the factors that lead him to be an addict. I really recommend this book even if some people don't like his personality or think that he is uneducated superficial person just try to take a glimpse of his views on the contemporary issues, you might learn something new.

101 Amazing Facts
101 Amazing Facts

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 stars, 15 Aug. 2014
This review is from: 101 Amazing Facts (Kindle Edition)
This book has a valuable information, I really enjoyed reading it.

Hotel K: The Shocking Inside Story of Bali's Most Notorious Jail
Hotel K: The Shocking Inside Story of Bali's Most Notorious Jail

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars, 31 July 2014
It's an insight of the hell inside Hotel K. It's not just the fact of what's going on in the jail but also it gives an overview about the system corruption and the bribery that manifest every corner of the country. I reckon that this doesn't apply only to Indonesia but most of the third world countries. I recommend this book to everyone who thinks of smuggling any drugs to Indonesia and for tourists who would like to visit this country.

Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops
Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops

5.0 out of 5 stars So funny, 2 Jun. 2014
I laughed out loud reading this book,however, there are also sad bits in this book that I couldn't even imagine that it might take place in a bookstore. I reckon that this is the reality of every bookstore that we ( the customers) don't realise that these kind of customers' behaviours towards booksellers could take place until this book focused on them and put a finger on. I really recommend this book for all book lovers, you will definitely enjoy it from cover to cover.

The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden
The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read, 10 May 2014
Jonas Jonasson did it again after his first debut the hundred-year-old man who climbed out the window and disappeared. I really enjoy the way he writes by mixing fiction with non-fiction historical facts and leave it for the reader to distinguish between both of them. I found that the main character Nombeko is fascinating as she is talented and with a witty sense of humour. This story will take you to a different places, political issues, kings and presidents, and even will introduce you to different cultures. Therefore, fastened your seat belt and be ready for a long journey throughout the book.

The Drugs Don't Work (Penguin Special): A Global Threat (Penguin Shorts/Specials)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read book, 9 April 2014
This book is very useful and important for doctors, pharmacists, scientists and patients to spread awareness about the use of Antimicrobials. People have been misusing antibiotics lately, which will lead to microbial resistance crisis, if we are still ignorant about the appropriate use of these medicines. This book gives you an overview about the main causes of the resistance and how we can overcome this draconian problem in order to safe the new generations. It is exactly similar to the global warming issue, if we are too late to take a wise decision the new generations may be wiped out from the most fragile microbes such as E. Coli. I recommend this book to everyone who underestimate the microbial resistance effect.

Small Kingdoms
Small Kingdoms

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great read, 30 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Small Kingdoms (Kindle Edition)
This book is unputdownable. I have lived in Kuwait for a long time, I found that this book depicts the life in Kuwait in precise details, It didn't leave a matter without covering it from how animals are mistreated in Kuwait to housemaids, Kuwaiti arrogance and the detailed life of expats .I would recommend this precious gem of a book for people who would like to have an overview about life in Kuwait or expatriates who will travel and work there.

The Snowden Operation: Inside the West's Greatest Intelligence Disaster (Kindle Single)

3.0 out of 5 stars The reason I give this book 3 stars, 3 Mar. 2014
First of all, I agree that Snowden is not that innocent whistleblower as alleged, on the other hand, the NSA and GCHQ are not angelic. The writer is trying to depict them as angels and the saviors of the country. In my view, the NSA and GCHQ are intercepting the people secrecy and confidentiality and sometimes they are forcing their agents and sources to give them information which is unethical in my humble opinion. Therefore, I think it's all a dirty political game from both sides. The reason I gave this book 3 stars because while I was reading it, I felt that the writer is so biased by supporting the NSA and GCHQ, however, they are also corrupted. Moreover, the book is not informative as I thought it would be.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2015 7:21 PM GMT

The Book Thief
The Book Thief

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking, 26 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Book Thief (Kindle Edition)
This book is one of the most heartbreaking books I have ever read. It really made me cry at the end. However, at first I thought that the author is spoiling the end by telling what is going to happen beforehand, it appeared that I was mistaken. This book is beautifully written. I really recommend it for everyone who would like to take a glimpse about an awful era which is the second world war.

Page: 1 | 2