Profile for Anne Flury > Reviews

Content by Anne Flury

Anne Flury "Anne Flury" (UK)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless and cheaply manufactured product, 31 Mar. 2013
I received the neckline slimmer earlier in the week. When I assembled it with the spring, I was very disappointed with the cheap quality of the product.I then found it was not ergonomically sound. It was difficult to position my chin over it and I have not got a particularly large/jowly chin. I have bought this as a preventative measure. The neckline slimmer was stiff and creaky and I only managed one repetition which is not sufficient to make any difference.I am used to the effort required to see results when exercising but this does not appear to be fit for purpose. I am pleased that I paid little for it bearing in mind the highly inflated £25 plus P and P charge on the 'Ideal World' shopping channel. I will try to use it once more but if it is the same it is useless and I shall be throwing it away.I would give zero stars if I could.I'm very disappointed.

Kenwood TT931 Semi-Professional Toaster, 2 Slice (Cream)
Kenwood TT931 Semi-Professional Toaster, 2 Slice (Cream)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good toaster with nice wide slots, 22 Nov. 2010
I bought this to replace my cheap Haden toaster which had started to burn toast even on the lowest setting. It also had such narrow slots that anything over a medium slice could not be fitted in it and you could not even squeeze a toasted sandwich into it.

The Kenwood TT931 toaster is the best that I have ever bought and well worth the extra money. The slots are very wide and do not narrow when you lower the slots so medium thick bread cooks unevenly. It is best with at least a thick sliced loaf or even a hand sliced doorstep slice of bread! I have yet to try a toasted sandwich in a toasted sandwich bag, but looking at the width of the slots and the rack that is provided, it should be great for this.

The dial for the timer and the ticking sounds mentioned by other reviewers are a slight irritation. The toaster is very solid and well made. They aren't usually made as well as this anymore.

Overall, I am happy with my buy and would recommend this toaster with the provisio that you use thick sliced bread. It's ideal if you like to slice your own bread so it ends up a bit thicker as the toaster slots are very wide and do not narrow when you lower the toast.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2013 7:51 PM BST

Haunted Guildford
Haunted Guildford
by Philip Hutchinson

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting book, 27 April 2010
This review is from: Haunted Guildford (Paperback)
I ordered this book after participating in a Guided Walk around Guildford led by the author. This was very interesting. The book was the guided walk virtually verbatim but enjoyable all the same and you would be able to revisit the places using the info from the book.

Over Early Saxon Fields: 5th and 6th Century Surrey and Beyond
Over Early Saxon Fields: 5th and 6th Century Surrey and Beyond
by Chris Howkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully illustrated and a very interesting book, 27 April 2010
I went to a talk given by the author and found this subject, the early (Saxon) history of my local area very interesting so I ordered his book. The book is beautifully illustrated and the author has a real affinity for this subject. This is an enjoyable book.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Sent promptly and as described, 27 April 2010
Sent promptly but only a few pennies cheaper than Halfords due to the P and P. As described.

Learning to Pass ECDL 4.0 for Office XP
Learning to Pass ECDL 4.0 for Office XP
by Ms Angela Bessant

3.0 out of 5 stars This book was helpful but is not the best for ECDL, 22 Nov. 2008
I bought this book to study for ECDL on a distance-learning basis using a CD Rom. It was printed in colour, so was user friendly to read and it had invaluable summaries of shortcuts for each module (which I copied and carried around with me before exams). However, it had a few mistakes and did not cover each module in as much detail as you would wish if distance-learning or if you're not very IT literate and doing ECDL. I bought another book 'ECDL 4: The complete coursebook for office XP'by Brendan Munnelly which I thought was better at explaining the course requirements.
The two books used together were very good and I completed my ECDL qualification.

ECDL4: The Complete Coursebook for Microsoft Office XP: The Complete Coursebook for Office XP
by Mr Brendan Munnelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book. Most helpful for ECDL, 22 Nov. 2008
I originally bought the Angela Bessant ECDL book, which was recommended by my employer (who paid for my distance learning ECDL CD) but whilst it was easy to read as it is printed in colour and had some good summary/shortcut pages, I did not find it explained some of the modules very well despite being a graduate. I saw this book 'ECDL4: The complete coursebook for Office XP')whilst browsing in Smith's and thought it looked more promising. Despite being printed in black and white, I found it expained the modules well and I completed my ECDL in October 2007. I would strongly recommend this book.