Profile for Easily Pleased > Reviews

Content by Easily Pleased

Easily Pleased "T" (Hampshire, England)

A Life Too Short: The Tragedy of Robert Enke
A Life Too Short: The Tragedy of Robert Enke

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Reading., 23 Oct 2014
A spellbinding book that I couldn't put down. For those who think footballers have it all, have nothing to worry about or live the easy life, read this and be ready to change your opinion.Reading about the struggles of one man, who did have so much going for him (granted with some personal tragedy also), was very difficult but compelling. At the top of his game. Best German goalkeeper. Going to the World Cup and, most importantly, the unwavering love and support of a wonderful woman and amazing friends. But the 'Black Dog' kept returning. RIP Robert.

Sit Down and Cheer (Wisden Sports Writing)
Sit Down and Cheer (Wisden Sports Writing)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 22 Nov 2013
Really well written and extensively researched book, full of Kelner's humour. Some of the facts he has unearthed are amazing. Highly recommended.

CASE LOGIC SKU-PHDC-1 Case for 1.8" and 2.5" External Hard Drives Hard drive case Storage
Offered by A to Z

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item, 22 Nov 2013
I bought two of these as my stock of external HDD is growing. Fits my Buffalo 1Gb drive perfectly. It's a bit of a squeeze for my Seagate Wireless HD, but does fit. Highly recommended product and seller.

Portable Camping Gas Cooker Stove + 2 Free Gas Cartridges Refills
Portable Camping Gas Cooker Stove + 2 Free Gas Cartridges Refills
Offered by Bargains Essentials

5.0 out of 5 stars speedy dispatch, 17 Dec 2011
Thank you for such promt service. Ready to go now for all the power cuts that we get when the weather turns bad and we are snowed in.

1.8m - Mini DisplayPort / Thunderbolt to HDMI Cable by Neet® - ( VIDEO Adapter lead for Apple iMac- Unibody MacBook - Pro - Air & PC with Mini DP etc. )**Supports Audio**
Offered by Neet Cables

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 4 Aug 2011
When I originally received this cable, I connected it to a spare HDMI slot in my Surround Sound Amp. After a bit of messing with my MacBook Pro display setting, I managed to get a great picture with brilliant audio through my Surround Sound. Unfortunately, after about two weeks, I started getting intermittent failings with the picture/audio, to the extent that by the fourth week, I had lost audio completely. Unfortunately for me, I then lost any picture at all and my Samsung HD TV never recognised the MacBook. I have returned it, and received a full, and prompt refund. What I would add is that I have seen similar problems occurring on an Apple-own cable, so the issue seems somewhat widespread. Shame, as this Neet cable is great value.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2011 4:17 PM BST

William Walker's First Year of Marriage: A Horror Story
William Walker's First Year of Marriage: A Horror Story

1.0 out of 5 stars Am I missing something?, 11 April 2011
I have read a lot of the reviews on here for this book, and I felt compelled to add mine. In my opinion, you need to be able to either relate to a character or, at the very least, like them. Unfortunately, I couldn't do either. I got halfway through the book before I realised that William was irritating the hell out of me and his constant bleating made me seriously consider putting it down. He just appeared someone who, considering he appears to have an important journalistic job, was plain stupid.

I got this book for my Kindle because it was free. I still feel short-changed. I've seen people review this book saying it was laugh out loud. I was crying inside.

FLASH SUPERSTORE VALUE PACK FOR SONY ERICSSON VIVAZ FLIP CASE COVER WITH BUILT IN PHONE HOLDER BLACK + COMPATIBLE CAR CHARGER + LCD SCREEN PROTECTOR
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 7 July 2010
This is an excellent product. The case itself is worth the money but a free car charger too!

Revelation (The Shardlake Series)
Revelation (The Shardlake Series)
by C. J. Sansom

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Ripping Yarn, 17 April 2009
Having now read all of Samsom's Shardlake series, I agree with the reviewer who felt the series needed 'sexing' up a bit. That said, it is a really enjoyable read and the author's ability to transport you to Tudor England is undiminshed.

Shardlake is a likeable character, honest, unassuming and the archetypal reluctant hero. I agree that his frustration at not having a woman can be a little irritating, but we have to bear in mind his disablity and the suspicion cast on people such as him by the superstitious population.

I don't profess to be an expert on the period, but it does feel realistic and there appears to be a great deal of research conducted. It is enjoyable to have what we consider historical figures brought to life.

Sign of the Cross
Sign of the Cross
by Chris Kuzneski

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't Expect Too Much, 17 April 2009
This review is from: Sign of the Cross (Paperback)
It seems to me some reviewers have come to this book expecting too much, although the peer reviews on the book cover do lull you into a false sense of security. Granted, it is a Da Vinci Code wannabe and is found wanting, even by the Da Vinci Code standard. But it's an easy read, moves along at a good speed and doesn't ask too much of the reader.

It is frustrating (Dover University anyone?) and the dialogue stunted (hated Prof Boyd's Americanisms). That said, I enjoyed reading it in a perverse way and it is perfect Holiday reading - read into that what you will!