Profile for TS > Reviews

To My Daughter In France
To My Daughter In France
by Barbara Keating

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant but one factual error, 23 Jan 2012
I bought this book on a whim and was not disappointed. The characters were well rounded and engaged me thoroughly as a reader. A well constructed book, brought to a most satisfactory and believable conclusion. I do, however, have a quibble with one sentence in the book. On page 235 of the paperback edition, it states, 'and look what is happening to the Jewish people, how the Germans have rounded up thousands of them and detained them in terrible conditions in the Velodrome d'Hiver.' It was not the Germans, it was the French!! If you would like to know more about this episode, try to see a film called, 'la Rafle', which is absolutely devastating - it is on DVD, but be prepared to be shocked!

Archos 605 WiFi 160GB Portable Media Player 4.3" Touch Screen
Archos 605 WiFi 160GB Portable Media Player 4.3" Touch Screen

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away from Archos!!!!, 18 Jan 2009
I don't normally write reviews, but the levels of frustration I have suffered with my Archos 695 wifi and the non-existent customer services have driven me to it!!

First off, when I ordered my 160gb 605 through amazon, the unit I received was an 80gb, packaged and labelled as a 160gb. I contacted amazon who instantly refunded the difference (excellent customer service!!). I then tried to download the expensive plugins and the website just sent me round in a perpetual link and after a few goes and emails tho their web support/customer services I gave up on this.

Recently my device would not connect through either the usb or mini dock. Archos did replace my mini dock, but not the usb lead, leaving me with no way to connect to my pc to upload content. After emailing the customer services and getting no response again I figured I would be better off just buying another usb cable. So, back to the Archos website and about 5 times of trying to enter billing/shipping information and getting an error message telling me that I needed to enter information that I'd already filled out has led me to write my first and only negative review.

In summary, I would never recommend buying any products from Archos. The products may look ok on paper but nothing is worth this amount of time, effort and frustration