Profile for A Heaver > Reviews

A Heaver

Crave
Crave

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy me!, 24 Sep 2009
This review is from: Crave (MP3 Download)
I don't get into too much discussion over music, either I love it, tolerate it or can't be bothered with it.
In the case of CRAVE, a York based bunch of superbly talented guys: I love it! They may expect me to say that cos "I know your Mum" But.... seriously, Those mosh-outs last month at The Speakeasy were the best since Download 09. And I DO NOT MOSH to just any old tat!
The EP is a well chosen collection of what this 3 piece are capable of. If you get the chance to see them live , just do it. Kev Craven = one of the most passionate drummers I've met (And I've been meeting drummers for 25 years) Steve Craven's guitar and vocals.. Sweeeeeeet. Dan Hartley's bass riffs are inspiring, love the mix cos I can hear every note, and being married to a bass 'ahem' Player...THAT MATTERS!
Buy this Ep. End of :D
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2009 4:37 PM BST

Northern Lights Filmed as The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials)
Northern Lights Filmed as The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials)
by Philip Pullman

5.0 out of 5 stars No comparison, so don't try, 25 Oct 2007
Firstly, I am tired of reviewers 'comparing' this trilogy to JK Rowlings Potter Series. Secondly, There is no comparison. Meaning you may as well compare Chocolate with Steak. Both have their place at a well planned dinner table! We need to be reading a balanced meal.
I love The HP books equally as I do the 'His dark Materials' Trilogy.If you're looking to replace the 'Potter' rush with the Pullman books, it won't happen, this is a deeper and darker league. You will find yourself drawn into places and plots, lives and ideas almost impossible for many an imagination. Perfectly written and a great main course after the 'Potter' starter, however, I will be returning to the be-specticaled one for dessert. (The lighter option) Again, I say... No Comparison, maybe complimentary.
Enjoy your time with His Dark Materials,lose yourself in the questions the books will awaken and be prepared to miss your stop if you read it on the bus! I just hope the up-coming film does Pullman justice.

A-Level Chemistry - Core Text Fourth Edition
A-Level Chemistry - Core Text Fourth Edition
by Eileen Ramsden

5.0 out of 5 stars Homeschoolers delight!!, 10 Feb 2007
I love this text book! It helped me teach my sons the awesome delights of chemistry. As a parent homeschooler I found the text easy to understand with highly detailed diagrams. I taught myself with this text resource then passed on knowledge to my kids who have found a refreshing fascination with all things chemistry. Well done Ms Ramsden!