Profile for David > Reviews

Set of 5 50's Christmas Paper Lanterns
Set of 5 50's Christmas Paper Lanterns
Offered by Dotcomgiftshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Dec. 2014
Excellent value for money, I am well pleased with purchase.

Justin and the Knights of Valour (Blu-ray 3D)
Justin and the Knights of Valour (Blu-ray 3D)
Dvd ~ Freddie Highmore
Offered by Helen's Goodies

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant., 13 Feb. 2014
Good 3D effects, very funny and the most important aspect.......full English HOH subtitles. Yes, I'm virtually deaf.

Terrific fun for all ages.

Spartacus: War of the Damned [Blu-ray]
Spartacus: War of the Damned [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Liam McIntyre

5.0 out of 5 stars My region B, uncut and subtitled version has just arrived!, 2 Sept. 2013
Okay,in a desperate attempt to get the 3rd series with English subtitles (it has Spanish subs too)I took a chance, again, (Vengence) and ordered my Blu ray direct from EZY DVD Australia...[...]

This cost me £39 including airmail to the UK, and arrived within 5 days!

I would imagine 'Devoted' Australia has it too.

It's region B, with English and Spanish subtitles, its the Uncut version and has loads of extras, and like the 'Vengence' Aussie release it also has 3 discs again.

I'm full of gratitude' now that I have the full series.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2013 12:04 PM BST

Spartacus - Vengeance [Blu-ray]
Spartacus - Vengeance [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Liam McIntyre

1.0 out of 5 stars No subtitles for the deaf., 4 Oct. 2012
I didn't have the option to give it no stars!

I'm a huge fan of this series and I was really looking forward to this new series, but..

Being deaf, and having no information about subtitle information displayed by Amazon on this product (again) my wife kindly just checked this info on the disc displayed in our local supermarket, no subtitling at all!

I've just e'mailed Anchor Bay and given them a frank opinion.

And to add further insult to injury the region A release does have subtitles ...how galling and logical is that?

Furthermore, I firmly believe that Amazon UK are activally supporting discrimination against the disabled by selling this blu ray released by Anchor Bay, this is 2012 not 1812......discrimination against the deaf must be not be allowed to continue.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2012 4:05 PM BST

Ice Cold In Alex *Digitally Restored  [1958] [Blu-ray]
Ice Cold In Alex *Digitally Restored [1958] [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ John Mills

1.0 out of 5 stars Shameful practice, 17 Jun. 2011
When a company like Optimum, in 2011, release a blu ray disc of an iconic film like this without subtitles for the HOH/deaf, then I say its shameful practice.

I'm only sorry that there wasn't a zero stars option to choose from!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2013 5:28 PM BST

Holocaust [DVD] [1978]
Holocaust [DVD] [1978]
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep
Offered by Revelation Films Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Holocaust - 30th Anniversary Collector's, 23 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Holocaust [DVD] [1978] (DVD)
When a DVD is released in this country for the first time, especially one so important as Holocaust - 30th Anniversary Collector's Set [1978]et, to do so without subtitles is a disgrace!

Its especiially galling that the region 1 copy has them.

As a deaf person I am, by all reasonable logic, virtually barred from watching or buying it, whilst on my own, my wishes are nothing to the realsing dvd company, but, times me by 2 thousand in the UK alone, and that some sizable sales lost to them and indeed Amazon!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2008 6:30 PM BST

Draper 88620 30 m Garden Hose Reel Set
Draper 88620 30 m Garden Hose Reel Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 21 May 2008
Be careful....

Home assembly is difficult and quite frankly....awful, no, lets be honest here, its bloody awful! the hose drum connection point leaks everywhere and the spray 'gun' is ineffective and a total joke!

It's not worth my time and yet more money to return this pile of junk, and I've just put it down to painful experience.

Beware!

Too Late the Hero [DVD] [1970]
Too Late the Hero [DVD] [1970]
Dvd ~ Michael Caine
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the all time great war film, 4 Oct. 2003
When I first saw this movie years ago in the cinema, it had me on the edge of the seat, and it still does, and I know the plot!.Plus being slightly deaf, the subtitles on the dvd are really superb. The story centers around a hapless reluctant American hero, who is ordered to 'accompany' a British patrol,led by a naive officer, on a dangerous patrol deep into an enemy infested jungle. He speaks fluent Japaneese(of course), but refuses to help the Brits. until at the end he....... I'll ruin it if I mention the ending, just watch and enjoy. Superb acting from all the cast, great ending, and who makes it back to camp...well just wait and see!.