Profile for B. Griffin > Reviews

Content by B. Griffin

B. Griffin (England)

Camera Hot Shoe Hotshoe Triple 3 Axis Spirit Bubble Level for Canon 1200D 1100D 700D 650D 600D,100D,70D 60D 50D,7D 6D,Nikon D90,D7100 D7000,D5200 D5300,D3200,D3300,D800 Olympus Pentax Fuji Panasonic Cameras & DSLR/SLR
Offered by BV-electronics

1.0 out of 5 stars Not accurate, 1 July 2013
Sad to say but this product is a waste of money as only one of the three levels is accurate.

Texet A3 Laminator
Texet A3 Laminator

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to get perfect results, 3 May 2012
I had never done any laminating before buying this machine and was even more apprehensive when it arrived inside a ripped, obviously previously used, cardboard box. I need not have worried, it was in perfect condition and works as it should. Comes with an instruction sheet which spells everything out in absolutely clear, simple, logical steps. Could not be simpler to use. Highly recommended. I'm glad I bought it and would do so again.

Swordfish A3 2x125 (250) Micron Laminating Pouches (Box of 50) Ref: 48006
Swordfish A3 2x125 (250) Micron Laminating Pouches (Box of 50) Ref: 48006
Offered by Choice Stationery Supplies Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars A purchase to be repeated., 29 April 2012
I was completely new to the world of laminating and wasn't looking for any hassle but complete ease of use and perfect results. That is exactly what I got with these sheets. I have used seven of the sheets so far and every one has been a perfect result. Will certainly be buying them again.

Remington R8150 Dual Track Rotary Shaver
Remington R8150 Dual Track Rotary Shaver

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but for two reservations., 20 Mar 2012
Overall an excellent shaver which gives a close, quick shave. It recharges fully in about an hour and is relatively quiet, apart from an occasional click-clack noise when flexing over the chin etc. This can be stopped by steading the head with the side of a finger. My other reservation is that there is no cleaning brush. Come on Remington, how bad a press are you prepared to risk by employing such a penny pinching, tight-fisted approach rather than supply a very useful accessory which would have cost you pennies to include?

Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball - Graphite [UK Model]
Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball - Graphite [UK Model]
Offered by Woodhaven Marketing

3.0 out of 5 stars Logitech let themselves down., 20 Mar 2012
A mouse that does what it should do but oh dear me, Logitech has let itself down badly with the quality of this mouse. It has the look and feel of cheap plastic. I have been using Logitech Cordless Trackman Optical mice for years and thought I'd have a change. I did this expecting the quality feel of the previous devices. Very dissapointed with the feel, looks and to some extent size, which I find a bit small.

Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman - 910-000810
Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman - 910-000810
Offered by PC-Kaufhaus24

5.0 out of 5 stars The Marmite of Mice ?, 31 Oct 2009
I love this mouse! I've had two previously and am about to buy my third. To use it, you don't have to move your hand/arm just your fingers, so although it is a big mouse (more a rat I suppose) it doesn't require much desk space. I found it very easy to get used to and wouldn't like to have to go back to permanently using an ordinary mouse. although when I have to use one at work, I don't find the change over a problem. Admittedly, I don't use ALL the buttons but those I do use, I've tailored to do exactly what I want. I suppose it's one of those, you love it or you hate it things. Marmite anyone?

Manfrotto Junior Geared Head
Manfrotto Junior Geared Head

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Gear, 12 April 2009
Simply fantastic! Before I bought it, I was a little concerned that it may not work properly with my Nikon D300, MB-D10 battery pack and Sigma 150-500 lens. I needn't have worried, it's still as smooth and firm as ever, even when moving such a relatively heavy load. As they say round here, I'm as chuffed as a butty with it!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2012 6:48 PM BST

Manfrotto 341 Junior Elbow Bracket With 1/4-inch -20 Screw Fits Heads With 200pl 14 Plate
Offered by CameraKing

4.0 out of 5 stars Pity about the washer!!!, 12 April 2009
A high quality product that does everything it says on the tin. Don't be fooled by the picture though, the plates are not the hexagonal ones as they appear to be on the picture but are the rectangular ones as the written description says. I can't give it five stars because on my bracket at least, a washer appears to be missing, so when you take the protective rubber cover off the screw which holds the camera onto the plate, the screw just falls out if you're not careful.

Nikon D300 Digital Field Guide
Nikon D300 Digital Field Guide
by J. Dennis Thomas

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 23 Aug 2008
You might as well just read the manual which comes with the camera. I don't think this book is well written and compiled as some bullet pointed information seems to be under the wrong bullet point and some explanations, for example about polarising filters, are to put it charitably "confused". There is also a lot of repetition in the first half of the book. It gets one star for being cheap and giving a few valuable points of information.