Profile for Ms. E. J. Irlam > Reviews

Content by Ms. E. J. Irlam

Ms. E. J. Irlam (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Heidifeathers Premium Needle Felting Kit - Handle, Finger Guards, German Glass Eyes and Instructions - Free Post
Offered by Heidifeathers

5.0 out of 5 stars Felting fantastic!, 10 Jan. 2015
After purchasing a very basic, cheaper needle felting kit of another make in a shop, I decided that this would make a great new hobby but I needed to get a bigger variety of supplies to really get going properly. I came across this particular starter kit by HeidiFeathers, and I really liked the look of not only the amounts and colours of the wool roving, but the other items included like the different gauge and type of needles.

I received my kit today, and I am absolutely delighted with it. It was as described, the wool colours are lovely and they are really soft! A booklet is also provided with the kit, which includes six projects, and also information on how to start needle felting. It explains everything from which needle is which gauge and type - they are colour-coded so you can tell them apart easily, to how to begin and achieve different shapes. You also get a foam mat to felt on, this is good quality, much better than the rubbish sponge I got in the shop kit! Also included are a pair of eyes, leather finger protectors and a needle handle. You get a nice variety of needles, and they come in a little plastic holder, to keep them and yourself safe as the needles are very, very sharp and could break easily if not looked after, so this provides great storage.

The whole kit is beautifully presented and definitely has everything needed to start my new hobby - I just hope that I posses enough skill to make something good! I havnt tried to make anything from the kit yet, but can't wait to get started! It will be interesting to see how this particular wool using the different needles will turn out.

I really recommend this to anyone thinking of trying needle felting, and I will definitely be buying from this seller myself again. I think these kits would even make a great gift for friends and family who like to try different crafts.

Spotify Music
Spotify Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Music to my ears!, 7 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Spotify Music (App)
At last! You can now listen to full tracks on Spotify on the Kindle Fire! I had previously downloaded then promptly deleted the app due to the fact you had to purchase premium to do anything with it, but have just re-installed it with its well overdue improvement!

Whatever your taste in music, you can pretty much find anything you want here. It's an easy to use version and straight forward to search for what you want. You can create playlists with ease and then listen away to your heart's content.

Of course, there are a few things in return for this being free, now and then between tracks, it will play ads, and also you only get 6 track skips an hour. Some other features are disabled which yes, you would have to get premium to have access to. But really, I think you get plenty enough for free here. One way around the limited skipping on tracks, is to create playlists with such favourite songs, you wouldn't want to skip anyway! Definitely worth installing if you love your music.

Rainbow Loom Metal Hook Tool Upgrade Kit with Anti Counterfeit Code (Pink)
Rainbow Loom Metal Hook Tool Upgrade Kit with Anti Counterfeit Code (Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant!, 7 Aug. 2014
I finally purchased the metal hook after wanting one for quite a while, and I am very glad that I did. It's a great quality product and I imagine it will last a long time.

It's exactly the same size as the plastic version, but the hook is easier to work with and handles bands under more tension brilliantly. As with all of the Rainbow Loom hooks, you get the mini loom too, but this is the newer version which will be better at handling fishtails because there is more room for it to come out of.

I received a genuine RL one which includes the anti-counterfeit code included so that you can gain access to a special area on the official RL website.

I would definitely recommend this, it may cost more than generic hooks, but it is a superior quality.

Rainbow loom Official Monster Tail
Rainbow loom Official Monster Tail
Offered by Fun Collectables

5.0 out of 5 stars Monstrously Great!, 7 Aug. 2014
Was excited when I received this as I have wanted it since it came out. I am happy to report that I received a genuine loom with an anti-counterfeit code which allowed me access to the members area of the official website. It's a great shame that some folks have received the fake versions.

The Monster Tail is a great product, and comes with instructions, mixed coloured bands, c clips and a hook. The hook is a plastic one, but has the new style mini loom included which I hadn't had before now, and I am sure will come in handy. The loom has the usual quality of all the official products, well put together, sturdy, and nice smooth pins. At 33, I am older doing this wonderful hobby and like with my other hobbies, I like to have the best tools I can. There are a lot of generic make looms on the market, but I have only ever used the Rainbow Loom, as it is far superior. It may be tempting to buy cheaper or fake ones, but really, the official products are worth every penny.

Using the Monster Tail is nice and simple. You can still make some of the bracelets on the normal loom, but the spacing between the pins on this make it easier for your bracelets to pass down through the middle as you work (the main reason I wanted it), and its size is nice to handle and obviously more portable. The side of the pins you hook from are on the outside, so it's nice and easy to see what you are doing. It's perfect and quick for getting out whilst on the sofa, and if you have not got alternate storage for your bands, the box has a little compartment to keep your loose bands in, that has a plastic 'lid', so you can easily have it by your side whilst working on your creations with it not taking up much space.

I've already created lots of new bracelets on this using the included bands, it's especially good for chunkier styles. It also includes some of the new bigger C clips which you will definitely need for some of the bracelet styles you can create. Personally, I use metal jump rings to close them off more permanently.

I would certainly recommend this to loomers of any age, young or old, and to those who have not previously used loom bands, it would be a nice one to get started with. I have two of the full-sized looms as well, and this is a great addition to my collection.

You Raise Me Up
You Raise Me Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen To The Music, 7 July 2014
This review is from: You Raise Me Up (Audio CD)
This is a fantastic album! As usual, John's singing is incredibly powerful, and there is a great selection of songs which will appeal to everyone. I was especially pleased A Thousand Years is on it (which I could happily repeat over and over - this version is heaven!), and the intensely emotional Goodbye My Friend (even if it does make me feel like crying!). then there is the up-beat Listen To The Music, a real happy tune, which I really love too. Really, this whole album perfectly showcases John's vocal talents as a whole and demonstrates what can be achieved by having complete control over its making as opposed to a big record company getting their mitts on things. He is a truly gifted entertainer, and its an absolute pleasure to listen to his amazing voice. If you have not purchased this album yet, go ahead, give your ears a treat!

Netflix
Netflix

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Netflix (App)
This works with absolutely no problems on my Kindle Fire HD and couple it with a HD cable and can be watched on the TV. Lots of great choice for TV shows and movies, streams flawlessly on my internet connection.

PICS QUIZ - Guess the words for all pics!
PICS QUIZ - Guess the words for all pics!

5.0 out of 5 stars good game, 7 Nov. 2013
This is really quite a good game to help pass some time. Some are really to guess while others a bit more challenging.

How to Draw: All Lessons Free
How to Draw: All Lessons Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 Oct. 2013
This is a really great app for anyone looking for help with drawing. There is something for everyone here as it has some really great pictures to draw including animals and anime characters. Lots of fun and very entertaining. I would recommend this to everyone.

Obsidian (A Lux Novel)
Obsidian (A Lux Novel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! The best book I have read for years!, 27 Aug. 2013
I absolutely loved this book! I was hooked from page one and devoured it in just two sittings. The characters are so well written and I enjoyed every word. A great well rounded plot wih witty banter along the way and a great balance of action. I have already bought book two which I plan to start reading the very moment that I finish this reveiw. I really could not reccomend this enough. So stop reading the reviews and read the book. You will not regret it!

Guess The Movie
Guess The Movie

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Guess The Movie (App)
All movie fans will love this game and I would highly recommend it. It is a great game to pass a bit of time. My only wish would be if it could have a daily logon coin bonus which other similar games have.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3