Profile for Stuart A. Johnson > Reviews

Content by Stuart A. Johnson

Stuart A. Johnson "Jazz Rocks !" (North East England. UK)

The Living Years
The Living Years

5.0 out of 5 stars A blooming good read., 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Living Years (Kindle Edition)
This is a great book well written. It has been a compelling read. I enjoyed the combination of many stories. Thank goodness it's not your standard rock star memoir, I've read many of them and have always been disappointed.

The Story Of Judas Priest - Defenders Of The Faith
The Story Of Judas Priest - Defenders Of The Faith

2.0 out of 5 stars interesting start..Fades to black., 14 Feb 2014
This book makes an interesting start, probably because the main players of that era have been interviewed. It details the trials and tribulations of a band struggling to earn a crust and deals with early Priest fairly well. However, it becomes a record of their releases and tours and chart positions. I don't think it could do anymore without the involvement of the main members of Priest. This is a band I've loved since first hearing Sad Wings of Destiny back in the 70s I've seen them many times, this book doesn't do justice I'm afraid. Good effort but no prize.

Dean And Me: A Love Story
Dean And Me: A Love Story

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great read, 7 Jun 2013
I was enthralled by this book, it read so easily. It reads like a great memoir, a man remembering his best friend and the great fun they had together.

Konig & Meyer Omega Keyboard Stand
Konig & Meyer Omega Keyboard Stand
Offered by Musicoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Quality, 9 April 2013
The quality of this stand is exceptional, it is extremely solid. It arrived in a timely fashion, after ordering I received a confirmation from Konig & Meyer that it was on the way, it arrived from Germany pretty quickly. Having played keyboards in various bands for 30 years I can definitely say this is the best stand I have ever had, no chance of me knocking it over easily at all. I'm in the market for another couple of stands and this company will get my business.

Great stuff.

Hot Wired Guitar: The Life of Jeff Beck
Hot Wired Guitar: The Life of Jeff Beck

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Feb 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it's a good read. Nothing sensational just a good read about an outstanding guitar player.

Wooden Retro Turntable 3 Speed Record Player AM/FM Radio CD, w/ USB & SD Interface for MP3 Playback - (Beech)
Offered by Homemart

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Little Record Player, 17 Feb 2013
My wife bought this as an anniversary gift. It brought back tons of memories, I haven't played an LP for about 20 years now and how I have missed it. This isn't a top range piece of kit and it doesn't pretend to be that, it doesn't have a HiFi sound and you can't tweak bass, treble or middle - but that shouldn't bother you. If you want superb playback then pay several thousands of pounds for a turntable, amp speakers etc. what this does do is let you play those records you've had in the wardrobe for many years, records that you may not be able to find on CD. Also it lets you have the pleasure of getting the record out of the sleeve and putting it on looking at the cover and remembering the feeling of playing a new record for the first time. Plus it looks pretty nice too. Wow.

What If
What If

5.0 out of 5 stars Dixie Dregs... Awesome !, 17 July 2009
This review is from: What If (MP3 Download)
This is an outstanding record ! The musicianship is first class, the melodies are fun and entertaining. I would say that if you enjoy jazz rock with a bit of funk thrown in you will be guaranteed to enjoy this. Think about Stanley Clarke. I find myself laughing with excitement at the sounds and tunes I hear. I went on to buy a live album ( Bring Em Back Alive ) and Free Fall.