Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2
Survival in the Killing Fields
Survival in the Killing Fields

5.0 out of 5 stars Your worst nightmare - but a compelling read, 4 July 2014
Horrifying but compelling story of a doctor caught up in the atrocities of the Killing Fields. I immediately bought a DVD of the Killing Fields just to see this astonishing man on the screen. It is difficult to believe that human beings can inflict such suffering on others. A real education. I would highly recommend this book - but be prepared for disturbed sleep as it has a way of working its way into your dreams.

Slaughterhouse-Five
Slaughterhouse-Five

5.0 out of 5 stars A quite brilliant read, 11 Jun. 2014
Although I had heard of Slaughterhouse Five I did not know anything about the book before I read it. Wow, what an amazing book. Just working out what genre it is in would take a lifetime. I suppose what this book said to me is that 'history is always written by those that won' and in that writing the history they tend to miss out the bits that show them in a bad light. But don't read me, just read the book.

The Egoist
The Egoist

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth persisting with, 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Egoist (Kindle Edition)
I found this rather hard going at first, but by the end thought it utterly enchanting and unputdownable. I loved the outcome of the book and grew very fond of the main characters. I will miss them now that I have finished the book.

She Stoops To Conquer [DVD]
She Stoops To Conquer [DVD]
Dvd ~ Max Stafford Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Dec. 2013
This review is from: She Stoops To Conquer [DVD] (DVD)
Thoroughly enjoyable - great acting and a witty story that doesn't go out of fashion. I found myself laughing out loud.

Midnight's Children
Midnight's Children

5.0 out of 5 stars what an imagination, 13 Oct. 2013
I can understand why this book has received so many plaudits over the years. It is a remarkable feat of imagination - and also helps in the understanding of Indian history in the 20th century. A masterpiece .

Skios
Skios

3.0 out of 5 stars Depends on your sense of humour, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Skios (Kindle Edition)
I guess I just didn't find this as hilarious as other people. I had read a review in The Times that said you wouldn't be able to read it for the tears of mirth. It is a cleverly constructed farce - as you would expect from this author- but only buy this if that type of humour tickles your funny bone. It raised only a faint smile in me.

Talk Italian (1and 2) Box Set: (1and 2) Box Set
Talk Italian (1and 2) Box Set: (1and 2) Box Set
by Alwena Lamping

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to get a smattering of Italian before going on holiday, 17 May 2013
I don't know any Italian at all but just needed some basic phrases to get by in shops/ restaurants etc. on a forthcoming holiday. I find this very easy to follow - not too much detail but just enough to feel a bit more confident that you will understand the language. I like the fact that the CD can be listened to alone as well as with the accompanying book.

The BBC Shakespeare Collection: Hamlet [DVD]
The BBC Shakespeare Collection: Hamlet [DVD]
Dvd ~ Derek Jacobi
Offered by movielovers786

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant acting by Derek Jacobi, 15 April 2013
Fabulous version of Hamlet. I particularly liked Derek Jacobi and Eric Porter. The production and costumes look a little dated, but I found it illuminating.

SNUGPAK SLEEPING BAG/COAT COMPRESSION CRUSH SACK XLARGE
SNUGPAK SLEEPING BAG/COAT COMPRESSION CRUSH SACK XLARGE
Offered by Kitwizard

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for duvets and pillows, 2 Jan. 2013
We bought 3 of these to take camping and managed to fit 2 double duvets and 4 pillows into them. They are very strong and easy to use. Highly recommended.

You Had Me At Hello
You Had Me At Hello

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfying, 2 Jan. 2013
Enjoyed the writing style of the book - very entertaining. I found the characters quite believable, even though the story is a bit unlikely. The ending is quite predictable - but in a nice way. I'd highly recommend this if you want to be entertained but maybe not challenged too much!

Page: 1 | 2