ARRAY(0xae5ee750)

Profile for L. Catchick > Reviews

Content by L. Catchick

L. Catchick (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Manfrotto Mini 24LED Panel (ML240)
Manfrotto Mini 24LED Panel (ML240)
Price: 42.52

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't seem to give much light - the stated amount meant little to me, 23 May 2013
I may be being unfair in that I have only just started using it, but the light given really wasn't enough for my purposes. At just around 1 metre (what I need) the shutter speed was very slow even when on full power in macro use. No other complaints, but 1 metre isn't very far.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2014 8:16 PM GMT

NEW! BCL Mini Wireless Mouse for Notebooks Pink
NEW! BCL Mini Wireless Mouse for Notebooks Pink
Offered by trendy-tronics
Price: 7.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Jan 2013
Poorly made with a very poor on/off switch on top of that. Not very mini in my opinion. I regret getting it.

SC Johnson Oust Odour Eliminator Outdoor Scent 300 ml (Pack of 6)
SC Johnson Oust Odour Eliminator Outdoor Scent 300 ml (Pack of 6)
Offered by MightyHousewares
Price: 13.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 29 Jan 2013
Very affective. It seems to get rid of the smell rather than just hide it for a while. Will buy again.

Raynox DCR-250 Macro Attachment
Raynox DCR-250 Macro Attachment
Offered by EXTREME DEALS
Price: 39.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Ranox close-up lens, 6 Sep 2012
I bought this lens [Raynox DCR-250 Macro Attachment] for my Panasonic FZ-150 which is a superb camera for insects but has limited macro facilities for the small insects. The Raynox lens gives very good quality results (in my terms) and is very easy to attach and use. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the dof is very small, not helped by the camera having a largest aperture of F8. This means that it is almost impossible to get the whole insect in focus even with a ladybird. However, at the cost the results are excellent and gives the camera even greater flexibility.

Digi View 15 inch Digital Photo Frame
Digi View 15 inch Digital Photo Frame
Offered by DF Sales Ltd
Price: 152.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Great product WHEN it works, 1 Sep 2010
I bought this item in 2008. I only used it very occasionally but it was brilliant when I used it. In under a year it broke down completely. I was able to get it exchanged (and some of the postage costs refunded) but in less than another year it again gave problems. This time the internal memory ceased working completely and so no photos could be played using the item's memory. I again contacted the sellers (Digital Frames Limited) by email twice asking them about the situation and whether I was alone with this problem. Both emails have been completely ignored.
I may not be entitled to any guarantee help as it is over 1 year since I bought it (but less than a year since the replacement unit was sent to me) but being completely ignored gives me little faith in the sellers if not the item.

Butterflies, Moths, and Other Invertebrates of Costa Rica: A Field Guide (The Corrie Herring Hooks Series)
by Carrol L. Henderson
Price: 19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars So-called Field Guide to Butterflies Moths etc. of Costa Rica, 26 July 2010
Having already got the Field Guide to the Wildlife of Costa Rica by the same author (which I found very good) and having an interest in seeing butterflies there, I was keen to get this book. What a disappointment and in my opinion misleading title. The book itself suggests 1600-2400 species of butterfly live there and this book has details on 57 of them. Whereas one expects a wildlife guide to have more limitations, a book dedicated to butterflies and moths should have far better coverage than this.

Digital Image Standard 2006
Digital Image Standard 2006

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic edition review, 28 Jun 2010
I bought this edition of the photo editing software and immediately regretted it. I had used the suite edition of the previos version and thought a basic version would do me. I soon realised that the basic edition lacked many of the options I use, and I do not do a great deal of editing. I basically adjust sharpness, lighting etc. I immediately bought the suite edition of this same software and it does do everything I want, so the standard edition was a waste of money in my case.

Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM Lens
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM Lens
Offered by V-BASKET
Price: 315.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems good, 28 Jun 2010
I bought this lens to replace a similar EOS IS lens that had become faulty. I only use these lenses for wildlife shots. I have hardly used it so far. It does seem to give some good photos, but not always and I don't know why.
My previous two similar lenses were both good, but both developed faults after a few years and that remains a concern. I am happy with them while they work but as I only use them on a few occasions each year as a rule, I am not certain the limited survival rate is good. It could be me or the conditions on trips.

by Martin Townsend
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginners view, 19 Aug 2009
Concise Guide to the Moths of Great Britain and Ireland
I love photographing butterflies and moths, but am very poor at identifying them. I wanted a book that allowed me to look up all the moths I might see in Britain and have a chance of finding the correct one. This book does that better than any other I have heard of. In addition I can get basic information about any moth identified.
Being spiral bound, it is very easy to turn to the page you require.
The book seems excellent value and does what I want it to do.

Western Digital My Passport Essential 250GB USB Portable Hard Drive -Intense Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Western Digital My Passport Hard Drive, 30 Mar 2009
I bought this item simply to use as a back-up drive for photos and other personal files. My laptop computers have limited hard drive space and so this gave me additional space and the security of back-up. I already had a portable hard drive, but that was much bulkier and required separate power. The new drive was very portable and incredibly simple to use, requiring only simple connection via a USB socket. I am delighted with the purchase. One friend has already followed my lead having seen how easy it was to use.

Page: 1 | 2