Profile for L. Catchick > Reviews

Content by L. Catchick

L. Catchick (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Sid Meier's Civilization IV (PC DVD)
Sid Meier's Civilization IV (PC DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game in my opinion but this is my third ..., 18 Nov. 2014
Fantastic game in my opinion but this is my third CD of it as the centre of the CD is prone to split and makes the CD unusable in time. There seems to be an inherent weakness there.

Raynox DCR-150 Macro Snap-on Adapter with 49 mm Front Filter Thread for 52-67 mm Filter
Offered by Digi Flash

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for insect macro photography, 2 July 2014
For now, indispensable for photographing very small insects with a reasonable success rate. Easy to carry and use. I lost my first one and replaced it with another.

Mofun 100% Brand New Essential Anti Slip Board Non Stick Mount Holder Car Sat-Nav GPS Rubber Mat Black for Tomtom
Offered by Hotsellnow4

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my car, 2 July 2014
I bought this item as my TomTom would not fit securely in my car. In spite of the large dip where I wanted to use the satnav, this mat did the job well at very little cost and it is very easy to store. I can not comment on how it would work with other cars.

Manfrotto Mini 24LED Panel (ML240)
Manfrotto Mini 24LED Panel (ML240)

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't seem to give much light - the stated amount meant little to me, 23 May 2013
I may be being unfair in that I have only just started using it, but the light given really wasn't enough for my purposes. At just around 1 metre (what I need) the shutter speed was very slow even when on full power in macro use. No other complaints, but 1 metre isn't very far.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2014 8:16 PM GMT

NEW! BCL Mini Wireless Mouse for Notebooks Pink
NEW! BCL Mini Wireless Mouse for Notebooks Pink
Offered by trendy-tronics

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Jan. 2013
Poorly made with a very poor on/off switch on top of that. Not very mini in my opinion. I regret getting it.

SC Johnson Oust Odour Eliminator Outdoor Scent 300 ml (Pack of 6)
SC Johnson Oust Odour Eliminator Outdoor Scent 300 ml (Pack of 6)
Offered by MightyHousewares

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 29 Jan. 2013
Very affective. It seems to get rid of the smell rather than just hide it for a while. Will buy again.

Raynox DCR-250 Macro Attachment
Raynox DCR-250 Macro Attachment

4.0 out of 5 stars Ranox close-up lens, 6 Sept. 2012
I bought this lens [Raynox DCR-250 Macro Attachment] for my Panasonic FZ-150 which is a superb camera for insects but has limited macro facilities for the small insects. The Raynox lens gives very good quality results (in my terms) and is very easy to attach and use. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the dof is very small, not helped by the camera having a largest aperture of F8. This means that it is almost impossible to get the whole insect in focus even with a ladybird. However, at the cost the results are excellent and gives the camera even greater flexibility.

Digi View 15 inch Digital Photo Frame
Digi View 15 inch Digital Photo Frame
Offered by DF Sales Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Great product WHEN it works, 1 Sept. 2010
I bought this item in 2008. I only used it very occasionally but it was brilliant when I used it. In under a year it broke down completely. I was able to get it exchanged (and some of the postage costs refunded) but in less than another year it again gave problems. This time the internal memory ceased working completely and so no photos could be played using the item's memory. I again contacted the sellers (Digital Frames Limited) by email twice asking them about the situation and whether I was alone with this problem. Both emails have been completely ignored.
I may not be entitled to any guarantee help as it is over 1 year since I bought it (but less than a year since the replacement unit was sent to me) but being completely ignored gives me little faith in the sellers if not the item.

Butterflies, Moths, and Other Invertebrates of Costa Rica: A Field Guide (The Corrie Herring Hooks Series)
by Carrol L. Henderson

2.0 out of 5 stars So-called Field Guide to Butterflies Moths etc. of Costa Rica, 26 July 2010
Having already got the Field Guide to the Wildlife of Costa Rica by the same author (which I found very good) and having an interest in seeing butterflies there, I was keen to get this book. What a disappointment and in my opinion misleading title. The book itself suggests 1600-2400 species of butterfly live there and this book has details on 57 of them. Whereas one expects a wildlife guide to have more limitations, a book dedicated to butterflies and moths should have far better coverage than this.

Digital Image Standard 2006
Digital Image Standard 2006

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic edition review, 28 Jun. 2010
I bought this edition of the photo editing software and immediately regretted it. I had used the suite edition of the previos version and thought a basic version would do me. I soon realised that the basic edition lacked many of the options I use, and I do not do a great deal of editing. I basically adjust sharpness, lighting etc. I immediately bought the suite edition of this same software and it does do everything I want, so the standard edition was a waste of money in my case.

Page: 1 | 2