Profile for Not very technical > Reviews

The Disappearance of Emily Marr
by Louise Candlish
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Different but fascinating, 19 April 2014
I really enjoyed this book. It kept me guessing right until the 'reveal'. I can thoroughly recommend it, and am now looking for more books by the same author.

Sons of Fortune
Sons of Fortune
by Jeffrey Archer
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Sons of Fortune (Paperback)
This was the first Jeffrey Archer book I've read, and I loved it ! I finished it in 3 days, although it was difficult to find time to read, but it was hard to put down. I wanted to know what happened next ! As soon as I finished it, I ordered the other two books in the trilogy and am just waiting for those to arrive. I thought it was well written and although not slow, structured beautifully.

Winter of the World (Century of Giants Trilogy)
Winter of the World (Century of Giants Trilogy)
by Ken Follett
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Now waiting for the third !!, 18 Feb 2014
Loved the first book of the trilogy and couldnt wait to read this second one. It didn't disappoint. I love the ongoing stories about people. Now I'm eagerly waiting for the third one. The fact it's so long a read is a real plus.

The Captain's Daughter
The Captain's Daughter
by Leah Fleming
Price: 3.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Something Different, 5 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Captain's Daughter (Paperback)
This was something quite different for me - having very recently acquired a lot of time on my hands (not by choice !!), I've spent most of the gorgeous weather this summer sitting outside reading. I used to long for time for me ... I absolutely loved this book - it kept me engrossed from start to finish. I loved the fact that it included real people and real events as well as the fictional story. It's beautifully and thoughtfully written, and the characters were thoroughly identifiable with. Not too heavy, I recommend it !

DRAIN BUSTER PLUNGER TOILET SINK CLOG SUCKER REMOVER
DRAIN BUSTER PLUNGER TOILET SINK CLOG SUCKER REMOVER
Offered by Superbuys Online
Price: 7.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 14 Dec 2010
As plungers go - it does what it says on the box LOL. Can't ask more ! I wouldn't say it's the prettiest thing, and the rubber smells a bit, but I was able to overlook it's appearance shortcomings once the water in my shower drained away successfully - and it saved me getting a man in.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2011 7:49 PM BST