Profile for R. Dalton > Reviews

Content by R. Dalton

R. Dalton "Hotrod" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
House Buying, Selling and Conveyancing (Lawpack Property Series)
House Buying, Selling and Conveyancing (Lawpack Property Series)
by Joesph Bradshaw

3.0 out of 5 stars If you are simply buying a house from a third ..., 22 Aug. 2014
If you are simply buying a house from a third party this book will serve you well, however, in my case I wanted to convey 2 houses currently in the joint names so that each person fully owned one house, ie remove one name from the deeds of each house. I didn't find this book very helpful in that respect.

Fusion NX84 Sprint RC Battery Pack Charger UK Plug NiCd NiMH - New
Fusion NX84 Sprint RC Battery Pack Charger UK Plug NiCd NiMH - New

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable 100% charge, 22 Aug. 2014
After mixed success with other chargers, I bought this little cheap charger with some trepidation. I need to charge head lamps for use caving deep underground so it is vital to be able to rely on a full charge. I need not have worried, this charger works like a charm fully charging then safely floating both 4 cell and 6 cell packs. Very pleased.

Great North Road
Great North Road
by Peter F. Hamilton

5.0 out of 5 stars Hamilton at his best, 14 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Great North Road (Hardcover)
Not quite as good as the void trilogy but still hugely enjoyable- in fact huge in every way. I tried to read the book but the hardback version was just too unwieldy to read in bed so I had to get the Kindle version which made it a lot easier.

Poetic Slimbook Case for the Samsung Galaxy S III S3 i9300 Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was really good at first, 14 Jan. 2014
Quite a nice case but after a year it was coming apart. In particular the credit card pouch came away and I lost one of my cards which fell out as I took it out of my pocket. I've now bough a much cheaper one from Amazon which looks to be better made so far...

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Value fantstic, 14 Jan. 2014
Brilliant value. As you would expect at this price it is quite thin material with a few sharp edges inside and as the lid is level water tends to collect on it (a little finds it's way inside after heavy rain). Over all it does the job and looks good on the gate post.

Galaxy S3 Case - Leather Wallet Flip Cover for Samsung Galaxy S3, Black
Galaxy S3 Case - Leather Wallet Flip Cover for Samsung Galaxy S3, Black
Offered by Purplemoose007

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the one it replaced which was twice the price, 14 Jan. 2014
This case is great quality, the stitching is strong and the card slots robust. The corners could offer a little more protection when you drop it but for the price it's fantastic. Like all these cases the magnetic catch makes the phone's compass point at it but it works well.
I have recommended this case to several friends.

Pyle PLMD56 7 Channel FM Stereo Modulator with RCA Audio Output
Pyle PLMD56 7 Channel FM Stereo Modulator with RCA Audio Output

3.0 out of 5 stars This is what you need to know, 14 Jan. 2014
These are interesting little gadgets, however, the instructions are mostly useless. If you just connect this between your aerial and your car stereo and wire the power to the ignition switch (which you might think is what it wants) not only does it provide a radio output at the desired frequency but also at a few others and it interferes with all the other stations you might want to listen to as well. You need to wire a switch into the power lead and only switch it on when listening to your mp3 player etc. The sound quality is ok, it's not as good as a good FM broadcast signal but then the bbc spends rather more on it's transmitters. Why on earth it has also 3 phono (RCA)outputs I can't imagine but the input sensitivity seems to match the headphone output from a phone or music player ok.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2014 12:25 AM BST

The Nano Flower (Greg Mandel 3)
The Nano Flower (Greg Mandel 3)
by Peter F. Hamilton

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple easy starting place for Hamilton, 24 Mar. 2013
If you are new to Peter F H then this would make a good place to start, his mega trilogies can be rather daunting at first if you don't know what to expect.

Epson Expression Home XP-305 Wi-Fi Small-In-One with LCD screen Printer
Epson Expression Home XP-305 Wi-Fi Small-In-One with LCD screen Printer

1.0 out of 5 stars My worst printer experience to date., 24 Mar. 2013
I bought the first XP-305 printer a couple of months ago for a retired neighbor, she had an old Epson printer which had reached the end of it's life. Good turns never go unpunished so after waiting ages for all the supplied software and drivers to install it came as no surprise when neither install software nor Windows 7 could not recognise the printer when connected to the USB. Both Epson and Bill Gates assume everybody has a super-fast internet connection but in a small Derbyshire village it takes over an hour to download all the updates and yes after installing all the updates to everything I could find things were just the same. I am old enough to remember all the versions of windows and for a while I worked for Intel designing mother boards so I'm not quite a naive user. However I do find it intensely annoying that after 20 years of development with nearly100,000 employees ie over a million man years of effort the best the diagnostics can manage is still "Contact your system administrator" The USB lead still worked with the old printer so I had to accept the USB was just not going to work.

After about another hour of messing about I finally persuaded it to connect via the WiFi but only by painstakingly manually entering the key via the 3 printer buttons. It finally worked properly and I sighed with relief. After about 6 weeks I got a call to say the computer couldn't find the printer and the WiFi connected light on the printer would not come on. I re-entered all the WiFi setup stuff into the printer and it lasted for a couple of days before it forgot again. A couple more sessions of that and I called Amazon for a replacement, they made me talk to Epson first, then sent out a replacement. After 3 hours trying to get either the USB or WiFi to talk to the computer I gave up in exasperation. The WiFi light on the printer said it was connected ok but the epson software could not find it, the help on their web site and on the supplied cd is minimal and of no use whatsoever. I will probably never buy or recommend another Epson product. I have no complaints about Amazon.

The Rough Guide to the Philippines
The Rough Guide to the Philippines
by David Dalton

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything the lonly planet guide isn't, 24 Feb. 2013
I bought this guide after reading bits of the lonely planet guide on-line and reading it's reviews. With one or two minor exceptions all the data in this guide is up to date as far as I can tell.

There being over 7000 Philippine islands it is difficult to know where to start on a first visit but this guide makes a very good job of pointing you in the right direction without getting bogged down in tedious detail. All in all very clear and concise, the only criticism I could make is sometimes things / places described in the text are not shown on the otherwise excellent island map in the first pages. Still, as long as Google is to hand when planning your trip this should not be a problem.

Page: 1 | 2