Profile for Flying In a Blue Dream > Reviews

Content by Flying In a Bl...

Flying In a Blue Dream "Flying in a Blue Dream" (yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Nail Polish 020 Fuschia for Life 5ml
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Nail Polish 020 Fuschia for Life 5ml

2.0 out of 5 stars super shiney hardwearing gel like finish, 7 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a coral / red base coloured polish along with a blush coloured top coat.
The base colour is very thin & I could still see the white bits on my nails after 2 coats.
The top coat gives a gel like hardwearing super shiney finish which does transform the average base coat.
I tried using the top coat over a different polish & unfortunately it does not give the super shiney hardwearing finish so the formula must be designed to work only with its own base coat.
I loved the gel like finish & the shine but I do prefer a more dense colour & possibly other shades do give this.

Garnier Body Multi-Purpose Intense Care Pink Pot 50ml
Garnier Body Multi-Purpose Intense Care Pink Pot 50ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Useful for travel / handbag, 7 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product comes in a slim plastic pot which when first unscrewed as a foil seal to it.
It has a slightly floral fragrance & the consistency of a body lotion rather than a "set" cream.
Although the packaging says it can be used on face / hands / body, I would say its suitable as a hand or body cream & the packaging certainly is small enough to allow it to be handily placed in a handbag or used on holiday. However I wouldn't use the same product on my face that I use on my hands.
For me the whole product, smell & packaging was like going back in time to the Astral & Nivea in a pot days (for those old enough to remember that) - not great & to be honest we expect more from our products these days!

L'Oreal Paris Cosmetics Color Riche Eye Primer Base
L'Oreal Paris Cosmetics Color Riche Eye Primer Base

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful primer which results in Long lasting all day eye makeup, 7 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The picture for this item is the wrong one.
The product is designed to be a "primer" for the eye area, it's actually a chubby pencil with a twist action (rather than one that requires sharpening)
It is a pale nude colour & is soft & easy to apply.
I applied over my eye lid & slightly above the crease as well as into the inner corner
The whole eye is immediately brightened & eyes look lifted & much more awake.
I've noticed before that using a primer on the eye helps the eye shadow to sit better & the eye shadow appears a slightly more intense colour & lasts considerably longer than usual & does not crease or flake.
Its yet another make up stage - however it is worth the effort, as long into the day my eye make up was still wearing well
definitely recomend

Maybelline Great Lash BIG Mascara Blackest Black 12.5ml
Maybelline Great Lash BIG Mascara Blackest Black 12.5ml
Offered by NailPolishDirect

2.0 out of 5 stars Very black & long lasting but difficult to remove, 31 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This mascara really is very very black.
It has the smallest brush I have ever seen in a mascara, almost like a sample size brush.
The formula is quite dry, like my usual product when it's running out, I had to recoat the brush often when applying.
It dries quickly & applying a second coat is quick & easy although this did give quite a thick look.
For me this formula is too dry and the fibres are too noticeable.
It does however stay put all day without smudging.
Washing it off wasn't easy, I use a foaming cleanser & wash my face thoroughly anyway but this wasn't enough to remove the mascara, I had black staining on my lids & under my eyes which could only be removed with eye makeup remover.

L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Mono Eyeshadow Little Beige Dress 213
L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Mono Eyeshadow Little Beige Dress 213

3.0 out of 5 stars Light neutral cream with a little shimmer, 30 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This nude colour is more cream than gold.
It is a light cream colour which Brushes on easily, it has a thin coverage rather than giving the effect of thick colour & it's quite shimmery.
For me it's an ideal day time colour but not quite striking enough for evening.
There is an awful lot of shadow, it would take an age to use it & so less shadow & an applicator would have been more helpful.

L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara So Couture Black 9ml
L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara So Couture Black 9ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional lengthening effect, none clumpy & stays put all day, 30 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like the other million lashes range this one has the rubberised brush rather than a bristle brush. It's a straight slightly thick one rather than shaped or tapered & it's covered in tiny nodules which coat the lashes easily.
The first thing I noticed was that it has an exceptional lengthening effect.
I found the formula none clumpy, easy to apply with no obvious particles at all.
It dries really quickly making it easy to apply a second coat.
I wore two coats and after a full day it hadn't flaked or run or smudged, I have to say that at less than a third of the price of my usual mascara I was very impressed with this & would buy again.

L'Oreal Paris Collection Privee Color Riche Lipstick Eva's Nude 5ml
L'Oreal Paris Collection Privee Color Riche Lipstick Eva's Nude 5ml

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolutely perfect nude colour, neither peachy or pinky but just in the middle., 30 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my all time favourite go to nude lipstick. I absolutely love it.
It has a reach creamy texture which glides on easily with it giving true colour in one sweep, it gives good moisture & is long lasting, it has a slight shimmer but isn't too glossy.
Complements any eye or cheek colours really well as its so neutral, for me it's the colour of my own lips but better.
I think this Eva nude was a limited addition a while ago so I am so glad to see it back as part of the range.

L'Oreal Paris Extraordinary Oil Rebalancing Facial Oil 30ml
L'Oreal Paris Extraordinary Oil Rebalancing Facial Oil 30ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Non greasy, gorgeous scented, easily absorbed, 26 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Gorgeous citrusy smell - it smells very similar to a much much more expansive brand I have used previously.
Lovely light oil that absorbs really easily, is completely non greasy & leaves skin feeling soft & nicely moisturised.
I wear a ver high factor spf day cream & so have used this in place of my usual night cream
Very pleased with this, it's suited my combination skin very well

Vicks Sweet Dreams Cool Mist Humidifier with Image Projector
Vicks Sweet Dreams Cool Mist Humidifier with Image Projector

3.0 out of 5 stars offer good humidity in the room & aides sleeping, 11 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is quite a pricy bit of kit for the occasional cough & cold, I guess you need to have a large family or someone with breathing difficulties in order to get your moneys worth + the vapour pads at £1 per time could add up.

All that said, it does offer good humidity in the room & aides sleeping
Do remember to open the window & allow air to circulate, otherwise your room will become damp quite quickly

Garnier Pure Active Anti-Imperfection Daily Moisturiser 40 ml
Garnier Pure Active Anti-Imperfection Daily Moisturiser 40 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for those teenage skins, prone to breakouts & on a fairly tight budget, 11 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an anti-imperfection daily moisturiser which contains salicylic acid and absorbent perlite, its aimed for people with oily skin, blackheads & acne.
It has a light consistency, easily absorbed with a light cucumber type smell.
It leaves skin with a drying effect as it tightens pores.
Ideal for those teenage skins, prone to breakouts & on a fairly tight budget

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20