Profile for Flying In a Blue Dream > Reviews

Content by Flying In a Bl...

Flying In a Blue Dream "Flying in a Blue Dream" (yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Me To You 7.5-inch Tiny Tatty Teddy Playtime Bear Sits
Me To You 7.5-inch Tiny Tatty Teddy Playtime Bear Sits

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive for what it is, 29 Aug 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This bear is marketed as an educational touchy feely baby toy
It actually is a Tatty Bear with a squeeker in one foot & a crinkly thing in its other
Its much smaller than I expected, the textured material in the ears is so small you can barely touch it & there are no interesting bright colours that you'd usually find on a toy of this sort
for £15 there are much much better products on the market

Zyliss Egg Slicer and Wedger
Zyliss Egg Slicer and Wedger

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 29 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is everything you'd expect from an egg slicer really
it slices eggs easily & also has a second slicer that makes wedges
The only negative I've found is,it has a spike to pierce your egg before boiling, I've had to press quite hard to make this work & therefore smashed my eggs so I've stopped using this function
the wires are nice & strong & its certainly better quality than others that I've had
I've had it in the dishwasher a few times & the whiteness has not discoloured at all
Looks & feels like it was built to last

The Ashes According to Bumble
The Ashes According to Bumble
by David Lloyd

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect time to read, 16 Aug 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A very opportune time to read this during the current ashes series.
Being from the north myself I find David Lloyd's humour right up my street. I genuinely laughed out loud on many occasions whilst reading this, his languid style just perfect.
I liked the fact I could dip in and out of the chapters and anecdotes when it suited me or if I needed to raise a smile.
Buy this book if you like a) cricket, b) David Lloyd, c) northern humour, d)beating the aussies at cricket.
A great read!!

PetSafe ST-85 Spray Commander Training Collar
PetSafe ST-85 Spray Commander Training Collar
Offered by Ark Stores UK

2.0 out of 5 stars The dog soon gets used to it, 1 Aug 2013
I bought this as a last resort to stop my terrier from eating dead animals & chasing cyclists & joggers.

It worked like a treat for around 4 weeks - one quick spray & my dog would soon be at my heels worried what the spray was. I was delighted!
Unfortunately the dog quickly realised the pre-emptive beep meant that the spray was soon coming & he became fixated on when the spray would happen & he quite liked it.
In the end I had less control than before

Cue my search for some dog training advice...I fortunately found a great dog trainer who gave me some brilliant advice. Concentrate on being as interesting as possible to your dog - use games, treats, distractions & anything you can thing of. Now my dog hardly ever goes searching & when he finds something dead I have a really good chance of him leaving it as he knows what I'm doing is far more interesting.....we're still working on the joggers & cyclists ha ha!

The 5:2 Fasting Cookbook: 100 recipes for fasting days
The 5:2 Fasting Cookbook: 100 recipes for fasting days
by Angela Dowden

2.0 out of 5 stars cashing in on the 5/2 craze??, 26 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It felt a little bit like this book was cashing in on the 5/2 craze sweeping the nation

The recipes are not very interesting & hardly any have pictures which I think are necessary to entice you to cook the recipes
Probably will help to fill the shelves of those cheap bookshops packed with sub standard recipe books for 99p

Turning Forty
Turning Forty
by Mike Gayle

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Turning Forty (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I generally do like Mike Gayles style & this book is certainly in a similar vein to his others with splashes of humour throughout.

Main character is reaching forty & has a momentus melt down when his wife decides to divorce him
He goes back to live at home with mum & dad & various avenues of storyline ensue

After investing the best part of 3 days reading on holiday I was staggeringly disappointed with the ending - did the writer get bored? run out of ideas? Or was the deadline looming?!
The ending was hurried, disjointed, bore no connection to the rest of the book - come on Mike you can do better

Story of Before
Story of Before
by Susan Stairs

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting kids perpective, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Story of Before (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an interesting story of normal family life narrated from the 12 year old main characters' view
about half way through the book I realised I kept waiting for something to happen..of course this book is about "before" & so the incident does not happen until the end.
Lots of suspense was created & there was a slow build to the finale...funny how kids see things different & how the main characters view of life has an impact on her family
Good that the book continued "after" for a little while...nice to know the story ended rather than the book just finished

The Art of Hearing Heartbeats
The Art of Hearing Heartbeats
by Jan-Philipp Sendker

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Beautiful, 26 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Could you wait a life time for the love of your life to return to you?
Could you be certain they would?
Would they know with absolute certainty you would be waiting?

This beautifully written story tells how one daughters' search for her missing father reveals a story of timeless enduring love

Heartily recommend this book which is not slushy rubbish, it well written & paints amazing pictures of the far east

Einhell EINRTSD36LI2 3.6V Li-Ion New Cordless Screwdriver Kit
Einhell EINRTSD36LI2 3.6V Li-Ion New Cordless Screwdriver Kit
Offered by Transtools

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended Product, 28 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not always been a fan of re-chargeable drills as they tend to lose the charge too quickly. Not so this one, gave a it a full charge the night before use and then spent all day using it to undo and then re-fasten floor boards as I was helping re-wire a house. Excellent" kept going all day, the drill is nice and ergonomic, fits well in the palm and feels chunky and well made. Good torque, never slipped and had enough strength to do what I needed it for no problem.The attached light was handy also in darker rooms. Would recommend.

What Lies Within
What Lies Within
by Tom Vowler NCTJ Diploma in Newspaper Journalism

4.0 out of 5 stars stunning page turner, 24 May 2013
This review is from: What Lies Within (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
what a great read, totally absorbing & the characters are painted so vividly
not easy to put down at all
would definitely recommend