Profile for fishwish > Reviews

fishwish

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Lumix G1, 6 Sept. 2011
Got this to do time lapse photography and it works great with my Lumix G1 camera. I also bought a cheap time release cable early on that was rubbish and didn't work at all but this one does all that and more. Easy to use and brilliant for doing time lapse photography and can also control the camera for long exposures using the bulb setting. Happy with it and glad I got it.

Samsung S5670 Galaxy Fit Sim-Free Smartphone
Samsung S5670 Galaxy Fit Sim-Free Smartphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little phone, 6 Sept. 2011
I love this phone! It works very well and does everything I want out of a smart phone emails calenders social networking videos photos sharing it handles them all with ease and for the price its a bargain.Yes you could go for a bigger screen and pay more but its a phone not a pc and for my needs it does it all very well indeed. I can find a fault with it love it to bits the best phone I have owned and dead easy to use. In a word brilliant.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2011 11:17 AM BST

FeiPad® 10" Quad Core Tablet PC Anroid 4.4 Kitkat HD 1024X600 Multi Touch Screen Dual Camera 1GB RAM, 8GB Storage, Pre-loaded Google Play Store,Wifi

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful but..., 6 Sept. 2011
Got my new tablet in good time the company that sells them is very good for support no problems there so on to the product its self.. If like me you read all the fab reviews and thought OK it looks good then a quick word of warning to you not bad just to even it out a bit. This is not going to be like an iPad and when you start using it you will find the touch screen works best with a hard object such as the stylus pen supplied this I dont like you find yourself stabbing the keyboard sometimes but its not that bad just a bit tedious at times.Apart from that everything on it works good and its nice and light to use so if you want a cheap and cheerful alternate solution to the iPad then this will be it.

However if looking back I had tried one of these out and thought a bit longer about it I might have spent more cash and gone for a tablet with a better smoother touch screen as this is the one aspect of the tablet I find lets it down.Then again like they say you get what you pay for and more dosh buys a better tablet. My humble opinion having bought two of these one for myself one for my wife is that this tablet is let down by the touch screen only, everything else is fine.SO dont rush and buy this try one out first if you can and then make up your mind, do I wish I had spent a bit more dosh and got a better tablet? a little bit, but then again I think for the price its a pretty good deal and certainly cheaper then an overpriced iPad.

In the end you get what you pay for and for the price this is a good alternative to a more expensive tablet that wont break the bank and does what you need it to do pretty well.

The Moon: A Biography
The Moon: A Biography
by David Whitehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Varied and interesting, 24 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Moon: A Biography (Paperback)
From start to finish this Biography of the moon tracing mankind's fascination of the silent witness in the sky has been a great read.
It tells the story of how mankind has gazed and wondered about the moon, mapped out its landscape and finally set foot on its surface. A wonderful journey through time with detailed descriptions of the moons key features.

The story's of the people that spent there whole lives studying the moon and the dramas of many of them is part of this journey and it leaves you with a greater appreciation of the knowledge we know have of the moon, thanks to these people.I could not put the book down once I had got past the first few chapters, each one is different and interesting and thats what makes this book such a good read. Its not a dry boring book it is varied and flows really well.

I dont think I will ever look at the moon in the same way again and having studied it with my telescope and taken many photos of it this book has certainly added to my interest and love of the moon. A great book well written and highly recommended for any one interested in finding out more about our nearest neighbor in the night sky.

The Stars: A New Way to See Them
The Stars: A New Way to See Them
by H. A. Rey

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little book, 12 Jan. 2011
I got this book after hearing a review of it on one of the star gazing forums. I wanted something that would explain the constellations and the complexity of the celestial sphere etc.This book is fantastic, the author explains everything really well making it easy to understand the constellations and the other complex subjects in astronomy.Its also full of lovely little drawings that I really like its almost as if some one read my mind and created the perfect book for understanding the stars.If like me you are confused by the constellations and things like the celestial sphere then I cant recommend this book highly enough. I have lots of books on astronomy but this one is in constant use. Worth its weight in gold!

Panasonic Lumix FS10 Digital Camera - Blue (12.1MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, 31 Dec. 2010
Having got a Lumix G1 for myself I bought this one for my wife for Christmas. A great little camera with good features the picture quality is brilliant crisp and clear images and the camera functions are simple to use. HD video is very good and the camera has had many good reviews elsewhere so I wont go on put simply very lovely little camera and takes great pictures.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed.., 31 Dec. 2010
Got this for my Lumix DMC G1 and after 3 attempts gave up on it as it did not function correctly. Its cheap and nasty and its going back to the seller.It might be faulty but its build quality is very poor and it does not work.Having got it and been frustrated by it I would advice ordering the standard part from Panasonic at least then you will know its the correct one for the job. Wont be ordering from Xpro again.

Kiwifotos Lens Mount Adapter: Allows T Mount Lenses (telescopes, microscopes, enlargers, bellows units etc.) to be used on any Micro Four Thirds System Body
Offered by PowerPlanet

5.0 out of 5 stars Does a great job, 20 Nov. 2010
Got this adapter so I could use the Lumix G1 with my telescope and it fits perfectly and works great. The telescope I wanted it for is the sky watcher explorer 200p and this adapter fits snuggly on the 2inch barrel suppled with the scope it also fits on the x2 Barlow lens that comes with the scope. Well made and solid adapter and great product.There are other adapters but for the price this one beats them all and I totally recommend it if you have a sky watcher scope and a lumix G1 camera.

Celestron Moon Filter
Celestron Moon Filter

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that amazing but useful, 31 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Celestron Moon Filter (Camera)
Its a moon filter and I have to say I am not that impressed by it. It does not make the features of the moon stand out any more then when you look at it with out it. All it does is take the glare off the moon if its full which is useful yes but dont expect it to make the lunar crater jump out or amaze you with high definition they dont. I got it thinking it would take the glare off a bright full moon yes it does that ok but I found myself taking it off and just focusing on the terminator with my 10mm lens. Useful yes when looking at the full moon with a wide angle lens to take the glare off but thats about it. I got it and have used it a twice to look at the full moon I thought it would make the surface detail better but it does not it just takes the glare out but for the price thats ok just dont expect to see anything more then a tinted view of what your seeing already.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2011 6:30 PM GMT

Celestron UpClose 20X50 Binoculars
Celestron UpClose 20X50 Binoculars

4.0 out of 5 stars Crisp and clear views, 21 Oct. 2010
If your looking for a good pair of 10x50 Binoculars at reasonable price then look no further! I wanted a pair of 10x50s for star gazing and after reading the reviews on amazon decided to get the Celestron Upclose 10x50s. They arrived today and I was pleased to see they were packed well and straight from the box felt really good and well made.

The view from them was crisp and clear and they feel good in the hand, some people have said they are a bit heavy but that is not a bad thing at all as this helps if your hand is a bit shaky. I was very impressed at the quality for this price. I wanted good quality, good price and good views, these binoculars deliver all of those with flying colors.

Very pleased with this purchase and would certainly recommend them to anyone wanting a good pair of 10x50s for star gazing and astronomy.Excellent product.

Page: 1 | 2