Profile for Minimoo > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Abandon
Abandon

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit different, 21 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Abandon (Kindle Edition)
Decent storyline and quite unpredictable in parts. Maybe a little slow at times but overall a good read and probably one of the best books I've read in a while from this author. I quite liked how the present day (2009) linked in with the 1800's. Definitely worth a read if a fan of this genre.

Horns
Horns

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely disappointed, 16 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Horns (Kindle Edition)
Another book with an interesting and unique storyline which unfortunately was just not carried off. This book has quite a few rave reviews, one being from a friend who shares the same taste as myself, therefore I really expected great things. To be honest, it was almost a chore to finish it.

Unless I missed something it's still not even clear to me where the horns came from or indeed really what the point of them was. None of the characters are particularly likeable and I didn't like the way the story jumped back and forth between past and present in huge hunks, it was kind of easy to forget where the present story left off.

Really disappointed and expected so much more.

Even More Ketchup than Salsa: The Final Dollop
Even More Ketchup than Salsa: The Final Dollop

5.0 out of 5 stars The Smugglers Inn, 8 Nov. 2014
I really enjoyed Joe's first book and equally enjoyed the second installment of he and his family's life running The Smugglers Inn.

I loved Joe's nan and I'm so pleased to hear that at the time this book went to press she was celebrating her 105th birthday, an amazing feat for an amazing lady.

A highly enjoyable book full of ups and downs and definitely worth reading.

Morgue Drawer: Do Not Enter! (Morgue Drawer series Book 4)
Morgue Drawer: Do Not Enter! (Morgue Drawer series Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pascha the 'friendly' ghost :-), 8 Nov. 2014
I've really enjoyed the three previous Morgue Drawer books and this was no exception.

It's a fun read and as the character of Pascha develops, you grow to really like him and his warped sense of humour and what's right and wrong. In this story he has 4 'assistants', 4 kids who have been been induced into a coma, to help him solve the latest mystery.

Although I did have my suspicions as to whodunit, there is enough twists and turns to keep you guessing right up until the very last chapters. I'm sure there will be another in the series and I'll look forward to it.

Holes in the Ground
Holes in the Ground

4.0 out of 5 stars A great collaboration, 3 Nov. 2014
A great concept - combining some of the main characters from earlier novels by both authors, this collaboration worked really well and I enjoyed this book immensely. As Jerry says, it's all a bit Cabin in the Woods :-)

I thought Mu was a really silly character if I'm honest but after reading about the characters at the end, it appears he also features in another novel, maybe if I knew the background of that story a talking banana would make more sense!!

I really loved the imps and Wolfie and I hope this isn't the last we see of them....or some of the other characters for that matter.

I didn't read the original version of the novel that starts after this one ends as I have so many other books (and time is short!) to get through and I didnt really want to read the same one twice, even if there are some differences. Maybe in a year or so when it's not so fresh in my mind I'll go back and read the alternative novel :-)

Origin (The Konrath/Kilborn Collective)
Origin (The Konrath/Kilborn Collective)

4.0 out of 5 stars Origin, 2 Nov. 2014
Another decent book from this author, yeah you need to leave your brain at the door for a lot of it but for me this is what can make this genre so enjoyable.

Having recently read Haunted House I especially liked learning more about Frank, and how he got to be the character he is in that novel.

Victorian Skull Cameo Vintage Pendant Necklace with Purple Rose
Victorian Skull Cameo Vintage Pendant Necklace with Purple Rose
Offered by Glam and Gloria

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 1 Nov. 2014
Absolutely beautiful piece of jewellery and it's got a good weight to it, it looks a lot more expensive than it is, a really lovely item.

Ninja Russian Matryoshka Dolls
Ninja Russian Matryoshka Dolls
Offered by 2B | London

5.0 out of 5 stars Nesting Ninjas, 1 Nov. 2014
Bought for me as a gift, these wee guys are super cute :-) really love them :-)

To Kill A Curse (Inside Evil Book 5)
To Kill A Curse (Inside Evil Book 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars The conclusion, 30 Oct. 2014
I really enjoyed this book and it was great seeing out things turned out for all the characters we've gotten to know over the last 4 books, however, this one didn't hold my attention just as much as the others. I think the previous books are much more fast paced which is a shame as this is what you would have expected from the finale. In saying all of that though, as per my initial statement, this was still a great book and a fantastic series. Highly recommended.

Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (The Konrath/Kilborn Collective)
Haunted House - A Novel of Terror (The Konrath/Kilborn Collective)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fear, 25 Oct. 2014
I didn't realise until later on in the book why some of the characters and place names sounded familiar, it's because this book contains a mash up of characters we've met in previous novels, some of which I haven't read or I read a few years ago, which is why it wasn't glaringly obvious from the start.

I didn't find the novel scary at all if I'm honest but I've read so many horror/supernatural books I'm probably desensitised :-) however, I still really enjoyed the story and the fact that the characters start to fight back and hold their own against the terrors they face.

If you're a fan of this author and genre then I think you'll really enjoy this, it's actual better than some of his earlier work.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20