Profile for Minimoo > Reviews

Content by Minimoo

Minimoo

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Red Light (Katie Maguire)
Red Light (Katie Maguire)

2.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive, 28 Aug 2014
Disappointing 3rd book in this series. Yet again far too much time is spent on John and Katie's relationship which just gets a bit tedious and repetitive to be honest.

I don't want to give anything away but there are so many striking similarities between this book and the 2nd that I feel Graham Masterton must have been struggling for new ideas. It made me a bit angry actually!

I'm obviously not any kind of expert in sex trafficking but I think this book seemed quite far-fetched. I'm under no illusion that this type of stuff does go on, and to the degree written about in this novel, however, I just found the whole plot a little unbelievable. Also, for a person in such a powerful position, Katie quite often lacks street smarts or the ability to put 2 and 2 together, again, I don't want to spoil anything.

Also, another "open" ending, I won't be reading any more of this series I'm afraid.

The Henchmen's Book Club
The Henchmen's Book Club

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice surprise, 22 Aug 2014
I had my doubts about this book when I first started it. Super villain stuff and plots to destroy the world aren't really up my street sontonspeak, book-wise, movies are a different matter :-) It was the book club part that had me intrigued. However, after reading more and more I started to really enjoy the story. There are some great characters and sub-plots and I especially enjoyed the ending.

Yes there are quite a few grammatical errors but the author acknowledges this and apologies at the end of the book. As the story itself is so well written, I think most people would be able to see past this and just enjoy the novel. I hope there's a sequel :-)

More Ketchup than Salsa
More Ketchup than Salsa

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 18 Aug 2014
Not "hilarious" or "laugh out funny" as some of the reviews suggest however a very enjoyable story none the less, especially for anyone contemplating opening a bar or restaurant abroad. Will definitely buy the next installment to see how the story continues.

Lupa Green Nacho Sliced Jalapenos 2.8 Kg (Pack of 2)
Lupa Green Nacho Sliced Jalapenos 2.8 Kg (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 17 Aug 2014
Absolutely fantastic value, super tasty with the right amount of heat and nice and crunchy. Highly recommended!

FIREFLY® Eco Straws - Stainless Steel Drinking Straw Premium Grip with Cleaner 4 Pack
Offered by Play Galaxy

5.0 out of 5 stars Environmentally friendly, 11 Aug 2014
We go through a lot of straws in our house so to try and do a bit more for the environment, my boyfriend purchased these for me from my wish list :-)

Very pleased with them and they appear to keep your drink that little bit extra cold when you have ice in it. I don't think the steel feels funny in my mouth, or against my teeth, and as long as you give them a good wash before use, there's no funny taste off them either.

Plastic straws can be quite expensive depending on where you buy them and how many you go through, so this is an ideal solution and will eventually save money, as well as helping the environment.

The Ups and Downs of Being Dead
The Ups and Downs of Being Dead

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 9 Aug 2014
The synopsis sounded promising, and at the time of purchasing it was free so all the better. Despite recently having a cull on Kindle books I have randomly downloaded, especially in the first year or so, this book survived and I'm glad it did.

I'm pretty sure there are a couple of stories out there, possibly even movies, similar to this so the idea may not be unique but it won't stop you from enjoying the storyline. I was firstly a bit worried about the characters - at the beginning not many of them where remotely likeable, and it took me a little bit to come round to Robert, the main character.

As a few other readers have mentioned, certain ideas within the novel provide food for thought. When you've made a decision and suddenly, out of the blue, change your mind for no logical reason - was this your decision or was there some intervention? Creepy stuff.

I'm not 100% convinced that the ending chosen was the best way to finish but that's just a personal choice. A very enjoyable read.

The Fort
The Fort

4.0 out of 5 stars The Fort, 25 July 2014
This review is from: The Fort (Kindle Edition)
Having only recently finished my first Aric Davis novel, A Good and Useful Hurt , I was keen to read more of his work so was pleased to see he's written a handful of other books, all with pretty good reviews.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I liked all three of the young boys characters. The story was set at a good pace and I couldn't wait to find out how it ended. I just wished it had been longer - there was definitely room for developing the characters a bit more, and really getting inside the boys heads. All in all, a great read.

The last few pages set the scene nicely for A Good and Useful Hurt, if you haven't read it I'd highly recommend it.

A Good and Useful Hurt
A Good and Useful Hurt

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 21 July 2014
I really didn't know what to expect from this novel, and even half way through I wasn't sure where it would go and how it would end. By three quarters of the way through I prayed, like a lot of the books I've read lately, that the ending wouldn't let me down. I'm happy to say it didn't.

The characters in this book are all likeable and unique and the story itself is so different to anything I've read in the past.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would urge everyone to give it a go, especially at its current bargain price of £1.00. I think I'll need to check out the author's debut novel and I hope if it's anywhere near as good as this, he continue to write :-)

Perfect Nightmare
Perfect Nightmare

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty average story, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Perfect Nightmare (Kindle Edition)
John Saul has definitely written better novels, this, for me, was pretty average. I also didn't realise, as another reviewer has commented, that this is a re-release so I'm pretty lucky I haven't read it before or I would have been a little disappointed.

The story itself doesn't gather any real pace until the end, it kind of plods along mainly between the thoughts and feelings of Lindsey, her friends and family, and the madman, who, I must admit, I found to be quite obvious - though his reasons for doing what he does, not so obvious until the end.

For the current price of 99p, if you're a fan of this genre or John Saul it's worth a punt.

The Collection
The Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars The Collection, 13 July 2014
This review is from: The Collection (Kindle Edition)
A pretty decent supernatural read with some good characters. There's quite a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes however, I think it could really be doing with another proof read, it didn't bother me so much but I know silly grammatical mistakes can easily put some readers off.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20