Profile for Minimoo > Reviews

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Perfect Nightmare
Perfect Nightmare

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty average story, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Perfect Nightmare (Kindle Edition)
John Saul has definitely written better novels, this, for me, was pretty average. I also didn't realise, as another reviewer has commented, that this is a re-release so I'm pretty lucky I haven't read it before or I would have been a little disappointed.

The story itself doesn't gather any real pace until the end, it kind of plods along mainly between the thoughts and feelings of Lindsey, her friends and family, and the madman, who, I must admit, I found to be quite obvious - though his reasons for doing what he does, not so obvious until the end.

For the current price of 99p, if you're a fan of this genre or John Saul it's worth a punt.

The Collection
The Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars The Collection, 13 July 2014
This review is from: The Collection (Kindle Edition)
A pretty decent supernatural read with some good characters. There's quite a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes however, I think it could really be doing with another proof read, it didn't bother me so much but I know silly grammatical mistakes can easily put some readers off.

Total Recall
Total Recall

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite a life, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Total Recall (Kindle Edition)
I was really interested in reading this book, I enjoy most of Arnie's movies but admit to knowing very little about his background and how he became what he is today so I was keen to find out more by reading his autobiography.

Wow what a life the man has lead! I don't want to give a whole load of facts away for those who, like me, maybe don't know much about his life, I had quite a few pleasant surprises and didn't realise he had been involved in, or responsible for, so much.

With being the one time Governor of California you knew this wouldn't be a typical Hollywood story :-)

Swissgear GA-7335-07 Granite 15.6 Inch Backpack
Swissgear GA-7335-07 Granite 15.6 Inch Backpack

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 8 July 2014
A colleague in work recommended this bag after I had mentioned I needed a new one as my current bag had developed a hole.

The bag is fantastic, very roomy with loads of pockets and an excellent padded section for my laptop. The shoulder straps are also extremely well padded making this a very comfortable bag to wear, even when it's pretty heavy and full. It'll also be ideal for travelling, with its great capacity and many different sections for all your bit and bobs.

Highly recommended.

What the Night Knows
What the Night Knows

4.0 out of 5 stars Hit or miss, 27 May 2014
That's how I feel about Dean Koontz. He's written some of my favourite books but has also written some of the worst I've read.

The last few I've read haven't been very good therefore this was a welcome change.

Yeah, the family are a little "too good", I'm not sure if a family as wholesome, quirky, good natured and respectful actually exists but maybe I'm just being cynical! The best character by far is the youngest daughter, Minnie, who is wise well beyond her years.

It's certainly not one of Dean's best novels, and I may have been generous with the stars as a result of it being far better than any of the recent stuff I've read of his however for the current price of 99p, it's well worth a go.

Anker® Dual-Driver Portable Bluetooth Speaker, 10 Hours of Playtime and Rechargeable Battery

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome little speaker, 26 May 2014
This is a great little speaker, very portable as it's so small, the size of one of my hands. Sound quality is good too and the battery life of 10 hours is ideal.

Mine does have quite a large "mark" at the back - it's as if the matte finish has rubbed off however I didn't bother to complain or send back because as I say, it's at the back so not the biggest deal in the world.

Easily paired with my HTC with no issues at all. Very happy with this purchase.

Broken Angels (Katie Maguire Book 2)
Broken Angels (Katie Maguire Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Broken Angels, 22 May 2014
I think the first Katie Maguire book was actually better than this, from what other reviewers have said I'm not sure the intention was for this character to have her own series. However, I still think this is a good second book. Again, quite a few people have said it's a bit gory, compared to some of the novels I've read I don't think it's exceptionally over the top.

The only thing I didn't care for too much was the focus on Katie and John's relationship, I think less time could have been spent on going into the finer details of their lives and how attractive both are :-)

Savage: A Zombie Apocalypse Novel
Savage: A Zombie Apocalypse Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 9 May 2014
Another great book from Iain Rob Wright. You don't need to have read Ravage to enjoy this however I would recommend it as a couple of the characters are in this new novel. Plus, it gives you the background of how the world suddenly came to ruin.

The characters are again believable and likeable though I'm not totally sure why Roman alternates between olde worlde chat to gangsta :-) maybe just to prove the point he's not like he was before the apocalypse? Who knows!

I hope that Iain writes more books about this particular group of survivors as I think there's much more just waiting to be discovered about them. It'll also be interesting to see if those outside this group learn how the apocalypse came about.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fresh, 3 May 2014
I've ordered and used quite a few oils from this company and have not been disappointed with the service, or the quality of the items.

This has a really fresh, strong, bright lemony smell - sounds silly because of course it's meant to, but believe me, there are plenty of really cheap versions out there that don't smell as pleasant as this.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2014 8:58 AM GMT

Red Cartoon Printed Clear Plastic 100ML Mist Water Spray Bottle Perfume Holder 2 Pcs

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and does the job, 3 May 2014
I bought these as I'm currently experimenting with natural homemade products such as pillow mist and hairspray. These bottles are cheap and cheerful and do just the job.

It's amazing what some people charge for empty plastic bottles, these wee guys are of better quality than some of the higher priced items I've seen.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30